What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New AMNRL team in CT

deluded pom?

Coach
I'm not sure if I would exactly call both comps "thriving" as I think there were a few forfeits last year. Like Bronco Rob, I think the grassroots development needs to happen with the RIR as the current benchmark. Also, rather than bring in a completely new team, perhaps copying the Jax boys with their feeder league may have been the way to go. You can introduce new players at a lower level and gradually build their skill set up. The AMNRL just seem to be rolling out a new team every week but at what expense?

I believe a state league underpinning the AMNRL/USARL team is the way to go. I know the guy behind the Iowa Crash is looking at doing something like this once the Crash are up and running.

Play some footy

Juniors
Steve, there were no forfeits in the 2011 USARL season. All matches we're played as scheduled. I believe the post was referring to the AMNRL 2011 season.

to be fair, there were some clubs in the usarl that needed expanded numbers to fill in their roster spots for certain games and i recall some jockeying of the schedule because of this. with that being said, they did kick off every game, which is certainly commendable

There was no jockeying of the schedule due to shortage on numbers. At the end of the Day the USARL grand final came down to the last 120 seconds while the AMNRL grand final looked like The New York Giants Playing a High School Football team score by half-time.

DaBears

Juniors
The Warriors went to Jacksonville with less than a team last year & half of the Warriors who played that GF are now playing for the AMNRL.
The 2 Boston teams shared players last year....they did against the Warriors anyway.

The Warriors went to Jacksonville with less than a team last year & half of the Warriors who played that GF are now playing for the AMNRL.
The 2 Boston teams shared players last year....they did against the Warriors anyway.

I know after Round 4 the Boston Teams Shared bench Players in A Game Or TWO because they Incurred 15 Injury's over the first 3 Rounds, but that being said they still had Independent Teams with Independent Starting Players. I cant Speak to what happened in New Haven. Nor can I speak to them now except that In speaking to the Powers that be with the Warriors, they dont seem a bit phased by this AMNRL Stunt. I can sit out here all day writing up press releases that Darren Lockeyer signed with the Rebellion this that and the other thing (leave out the rest of the story - that he signed a t-shirt lol - i wish), Just to look good to those who causally glance over from the UK NZ and Australia. However I started this Team because I believe in the USARL and I have so much Faith in what we are doing I have hung up my boots @ 26 yrs old because of it. It was like a rollercoster Back when I was a player in the AMNRL and I was sick of showing up to games and the other team arriving 3 hours late with 9 players and then having them on the Schedule 3 more times in that season. Or playing for a team in 2010 that Forfeited in the Playoff's because they had no funds to fly down to JAX. These things leave a terrible impression on American players who are exposed to it and if your lucky enough to convince the load of nay-sayer union guys to come out or whatnot and Expose them to that level of play or that level of uncertainty. How does anyone expect to Ever Grow the Game and really expose Rugby League for the Great Game it is. I however was fortunate enough to be exposed to League down in Australia and was able to see it for what it was before I played 2 seasons in AMNRL. However some people are not that lucky and some people's first experience playing league may have been for one of those clubs that were a mess or maybe not. I truly hope that the clubs that most people can tell im speaking about did improve from the Past years. Hopefully The USARL caused them to get their stuff together. However my well wishes fall short of approving of anything associated with that league as i the league doing way more harm then good for the future of the game. Sorry for being so cynical but announcements regarding Eligibility for the Tomahawks were that you had to play a minimum of xyz games in the AMNRL or something like that last year, and if you played games with the USARL you were excluded. So the Delaware Ghosts signed Apple Pope in Jacksonville and then well we all know he stayed in Jacksonville the whole year and didn't play in any domestic games. Now Arika Dawn who i completely support and wish well and truly am happy for that he is on the Tomahawks is now Signed to the Croc's in Connecticut and now too is playing for the Tomahawks even though he lives in Houston Texas Which is like Adelaide to Brisbane or Scotland to Paris. It just baffles me that the AMNRL chooses to create rules that ostracize Half if not more of Rugby League Players in the USA and then do not even abide by the own rules they make to Ostracize the other players. Which Begs the question how they can be taken seriously. Seriously.

Definitely going to cop a lot of flack for this post but i just needs to be said. However unlike some people that have controversial or rabble rousing posts, I have never hid behind anonymity, because I know what I say is true. (not speaking to you DaBears)

Last edited:

deal.with.it

Juniors
Lawrence, you have said it cost about $28 000 to run the rebellion, with $4000 of your own pocket. How do you measure financial success? Are you still out of pocket? Do you pay to use the classical field?
Just trying to get an idea of the expenses behind rugby league in the US.

Well its too early to tell bro to be honest. But This year the RIR with Ullucci Physical Therapy Last Night Donated 10k to Classical for new stadium seating. I would say this year out of pocket would be Zero - 2,000.00 Dollars. However were mixing apples and oranges. The RIR currently have a Middle School Program (60+ Kids in the fall -- 60+Kids this spring - 30+ kids at the Training School__ and hopefully if things go well this week 60+ kids in high school). Additionally we are hosting the Royal Marines and the 9s tournament. In September ill give you the Hard number.

winnyason

Juniors
when is the mystical west coast going to be running if ever easy set a facebook account for la radiers and you have a team.

FortyTwenty

Juniors
Plus 2 in Boston and 1 in Rhode Island. ........... How far is the drive from Boston down to CT where these teams will play?

Just to clarify a specific point that needs to be put out there, there is only 1 team in Boston: "Boston 13s RLFC".

"Oneida FC" is based in Cambridge, MA; which is another city, in itself, and across the Charles river.
[NB: Locals to the "Greater Boston Area" often take great offense to the denomination of Cambridge being "part of" Boston. ..... True story, I once nearly got refused entry in Boston airport because I marked my address as "xyz, Cambridge, Boston, MA" -- thinking Cambridge was a suburb of Boston. The immigration officer scowled and told me, "Don't make that same mistake again, sun!"]

Between the two competitions, there are 6 clubs within the New England regions, and 1 regional representative team. These are:

New England Immortals [regional representative team | USARL]
Boston 13s RLFC [Boston, MA | USARL]
Oneida FC [Cambridge, MA | USARL]
Rhode Island Rebellion [Providence, RI | USARL]
New Haven Warriors [New Haven, CT | USARL]
Connecticut Wildcats [South Norwalk, CT | AMNRL]
Fairfield County Crocs* [Fairfield, CT]

* NB: This has yet to be ascertained but through a press release on the AMNRL website.

[The furtherest drive between any of these teams is approximately 3 hours.]

Last edited:

Play some footy

Juniors
At the end of the Day the USARL grand final came down to the last 120 seconds while the AMNRL grand final looked like The New York Giants Playing a High School Football team score by half-time.

Are you saying its not good RL? In the last 6 years the NRL GF (the best RL in the world) has had 1 game with a margin of under 14 pts. Three of these games were absolute shockers - 32-8 in 2010, 40-0 in 2008, 34-8 in 2007.

Are you saying its not good RL? In the last 6 years the NRL GF (the best RL in the world) has had 1 game with a margin of under 14 pts. Three of these games were absolute shockers - 32-8 in 2010, 40-0 in 2008, 34-8 in 2007.

Yea I think The Playoff system wasnt the best way to go about it. Thats why you see the change in the system this season.

pennpool

Juniors
There was no jockeying of the schedule due to shortage on numbers. At the end of the Day the USARL grand final came down to the last 120 seconds while the AMNRL grand final looked like The New York Giants Playing a High School Football team score by half-time.

Both comps had issues at some point finding adequate numbers. That is a fact that can not be denied. I won't go into details or starting a pissing match so just take my word for what it's worth.

It's just a shame that everyone gets there back up when there respective comp gets a bit of flack.

We have a tool, in this forum, to be used for the good of the game but it all too often gets used to slam the opposition. It's more like an election campaign on US tv. You know the ones where you don't actually know what this candidate offers because he is too busy telling the nation how much of an asshole the other guy is.

It's really time that the teams and players put there heads together to better the game rather than stagnate it with diatribe and accusations.

RIR seem to be heading in a great direction. More so with the youth set up than the actual running of team, let's be honest there where some teething issues that went un reported weren't there?

Instead of using energy to put down how about starting a thread to explain to the rest of America how you got so many kids involved. You clearly have an opportunity to develop a successful model for the youth but it will only be successful if you don't limit it to RIR.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Instead of using energy to put down how about starting a thread to explain to the rest of America how you got so many kids involved. You clearly have an opportunity to develop a successful model for the youth but it will only be successful if you don't limit it to RIR.
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=399761

One of the only people who has posted 'diatribe' is myself, and that is when people post absolute hypocritical bullshit and attempt to defend the indefensible. I haven't seen any 'accusations' from anyone involved with the USARL that haven't been completely accurate, they are being discriminated against, they have a right to speak up. In any other sport or any other walk of life the issues would have been sorted long ago by a central body, the fact that the international governing body in RL is so spineless is a damn shame.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=399761

One of the only people who has posted 'diatribe' is myself, and that is when people post absolute hypocritical bullshit and attempt to defend the indefensible. I haven't seen any 'accusations' from anyone involved with the USARL that haven't been completely accurate, they are being discriminated against, they have a right to speak up. In any other sport or any other walk of life the issues would have been sorted long ago by a central body, the fact that the international governing body in RL is so spineless is a damn shame.

Amen

Both comps had issues at some point finding adequate numbers. That is a fact that can not be denied. I won't go into details or starting a pissing match so just take my word for what it's worth.

It's just a shame that everyone gets there back up when there respective comp gets a bit of flack.

We have a tool, in this forum, to be used for the good of the game but it all too often gets used to slam the opposition. It's more like an election campaign on US tv. You know the ones where you don't actually know what this candidate offers because he is too busy telling the nation how much of an asshole the other guy is.

It's really time that the teams and players put there heads together to better the game rather than stagnate it with diatribe and accusations.

RIR seem to be heading in a great direction. More so with the youth set up than the actual running of team, let's be honest there where some teething issues that went un reported weren't there?

Its Called AYRLA - Write a check and donate to us.

And Obviously your someone who knows me and probably hates me for my blatant honesty and unwillingness to tolerate BS from anyone.

Show your Name? Could you be Percy from New Haven who dropped the club who brought him to the USA for the False Promises of the CT crocks? Curtis Cunz form CT wildcats who took over as president in exchange for a tomahawks spot? Could you be Josh Price fomer player who stole 2K from the RIR. I have no problem being transparent because we have nothing to Hide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (welcome to RI)

And one last point. Take as many shots as you want against my club and my operations, but at the end of the Day your talking about my club and guess what, im 26 years old and have been involved administratively wise in RL in the USA for a total of 14 months. Never Captained a side, never sat on a board. I felt it was a waste of time and Politics as Usual.
Thats why i Love the USARL - No politics allowed. No holds barred truth and honesty. Thats why we have set up youth programs in RI and Philly while a guy who worked at a School couldnt get anything going for the past 12 years. what a joke

Last edited:

gyallop

Juniors
some one says something sensible and he gets shouted down. Lawrence re read what the guy said he was giving you a compliment and suggested it was a model the game could share. If you love the game do it, thats the way to achieve change and honour your beliefs.

Evil Homer

Staff member
some one says something sensible and he gets shouted down. Lawrence re read what the guy said he was giving you a compliment and suggested it was a model the game could share. If you love the game do it, thats the way to achieve change and honour your beliefs.
Quit the low-level psychological bullshit. The OP is clearly aware of the AYRLA and the youth development blogs. It was a backhanded compliment and you know it.

Latest posts