What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New British Lions kit

DIEHARD

----
Another%20Copy%20at%20600%20pix.jpg

I am disappointed they didn't stay with the classic design.

And I don't like the blue shorts.

I guess I will wait until I see it on the players before I give my final verdict.

Comments?

DIEHARD

----
New strip for GB

The Great Britain Rugby League team will be competing in the 2005 Gillette Tri-Nations Tournament in a newly-designed playing kit.

Brian Noble’s team will be wearing a strip exclusively produced for them by internationally-recognised sportswear manufacturer, Puma UK.

The kit features a jersey with the traditional red and blue chevrons but they are now an integral part of new design featuring blue sleeves and collar with a red trim. The shorts are blue with red and white piping on the side seams.

And the Lions will go into action sporting their new outfits in this autumn’s three-cornered competition against world champions Australia and New Zealand.

But the first time that supporters will get a glimpse of their heroes wearing the new strip will be at the Gillette Great Britain Fans’ Day at the Trafford Centre, Manchester on Saturday, July 23.

That will be when leading players from the Great Britain team will be appearing in the new kit at a special event being staged at one of the country’s leading shopping venues.

It will be a great day out for all Rugby League fans. Besides seeing the players model the new kit, there will be video action on the world’s largest indoor television screen, cheerleaders, gifts and give-aways.

And the fans will be able to buy replicas of the new Great Britain kit for themselves as well as a new range of leisure-wear including a fitted ladies version of the jersey! Everything will be on sale for the first time at the leading sportswear stores in the Trafford Centre.

The Rugby Football League is also offering fans a brand new way to pre-order your new-style Great Britain kit. From today fans can reserve their replica kit by logging on website www.superleague.co.uk and it will be delivered direct later in the month.

Paul Kimberley, the Rugby Football League’s Commercial Director, said: “Great Britain players are among the most athletic performers in British sport and the quality of their playing strip needs to reflect the modern, vibrant sport of Rugby League.

“We believe that the new style design gives the players and the sport the right kind of image and the fans will be pleased with the new look”.

Paul Sculthorpe, the new Great Britain captain, said: “Wearing the Red, White and Blue of Great Britain is always an honour.

“I really like the new kit and I’m looking forward to wearing it when we play both Australia and New Zealand in the 2005 Gillette Tri-Nations Tournament”.

A spokesman for Puma UK said: “We believe it is a fantastic kit and that it’ll prove to be a winner with both the players and the fans”.

DIEHARD

----
JasonE said:
Looks good, the England one is good too, havent got a link sorry.

england1lw.jpg

Why does the England jersey have the Great Britain logo featuring Scotland, Ireland and Wales?

griff

Bench
I really like them, only thing is that Gilette in a big black box looks silly. It should have just Gilette in blue writing on the white background.Is there a new Wales one too?

LESStar58

Referee
What Big Bunny said...I really like the 1994 version they wore against us! But at the same time this one is better looking that the ones they wore in previous tours!

SalfordRedsWA

Juniors
I like it, but I hope they dont leave the sleeves blank and put a sponsor there too, same with the back. No doubt the actual players versions will have the extras and fans will be without. Out on July 23 and you can pre order.

yakstorm

First Grade
The more I see it, the more its growing on me. I'll most likely pick up one.

The players one will most likely have Sports England on one sleeve, like in past years.

At least there is some positives out of this jersey compared to some of the past few for GB. First it still has the Vee, an important part of the strip design, next it is sponsored, and also it is out way before the Tri-Nations.

It also is already easier to purchase, as now you can buy it straight from the RFL (brilliant idea) as well Puma have a greater distribution network in the UK than Classic ever did.

Big Bunny

Juniors
It's interesting to note that classic are still advertising lions jerseys on their website despite the deal being over. Same goes with a lot of other sides like Newtown. Classic seem to be a rather dodgy group.

yakstorm

First Grade
Well I've noticed all of a sudden the Classic GB shirts have started to appear in Rebel Sports stores around Sydney. They weren't there the last few years....its a bit dodgy indeed.

hutch

First Grade
the thing i like most is that the jersey is out at this stage of the year and they are having a great britain fan day. it hasnt been left to the last minute, and it is awesome promotion for the upcoming tri series. now only for the 5 or 6 nations,and a test series against france.

Sun_Down

Juniors
Not a fan of that jersey at all. And, yer, the England one is way better, very classy in design.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
It'll look better with white shorts. I dont like the blue bit on the shoulders. What happens when they play France?

England's looks good though.

southsman

Juniors
I love all the jerseys .... The ENgland one is awesome with the St George Cross on it and the Great Britian one is a nice design . Well done Puma , hope our aussie jersey will look nice like that one and hopefully use modern day materials. Don't like the old cotton versions.

hutch

First Grade
southsman said:
I love all the jerseys .... The ENgland one is awesome with the St George Cross on it and the Great Britian one is a nice design . Well done Puma , hope our aussie jersey will look nice like that one and hopefully use modern day materials. Don't like the old cotton versions.

we used the new material in the anzac test this year

screeny

Bench
I think the best England sporting kit ever was used in the early 1980s by the football side of Paul Mariner, Kevin Kegan et al, I think they wore it in the 1982 WC finals in Spain.

Light blue shiny shorts (very RL in fact), a white shirt with horizontal thin red band across the upper chest, topped by the same light blue across teh shoulders. I'd be well happy for ENGLAND RL to adopt that design, a true classic.

Don't mind the GB shirt but I'd prefer them to settle on all white shirt with old fashioned V and white shorts.