What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Joe Biden

Alan Johnson

Juniors
Some very interesting thoughts here chaps. Vance is an absolute mollusk. Thoroughly charmless and already, it seems, doing damage.

I saw earlier the Republican party posted a memorandum indicating Trump won’t agree to a debate with Harris yet because she hasn’t been formally nominated, or something to that effect. Looks like they’re trying a slow fade, which would be weak as piss.

sup42

Juniors
Trump will not commit to the debate.

No surprises. I said he does not want to debate Harris. It fits with his profile. He is not equipped for a debate with Harris for multiple reasons.

Primarily among them is Harris is his intellectual superior and Trump knows it.

Bullies do not pick fights with stronger opponents unless the conditions favor them. Trump would love to debate Kamala at the country club, he would love to debate her in a bar in Red neck country, he would happily have an argument with her in a gentlemens club, anywhere that the ground is uneven Trump would go for it.

In a televised debate there are checks and balances there are rules, there is etiquette. It is an Octagon with a referee, a place where both combatants get a fair go at one another (which is why the gutless wonders team posted they want the debate on a far right network). The problem with taking on a woman on that stage is that there are fundamentals, social norms to be observed, Trump therefore is hamstrung in a controlled discourse by not being able to use his bigotry and lie bombs unchecked.

Trumps advisors will be telling him not to do it. And Trump will listen because he has been schooled by one hundred lawyers to never take the stand against a prosecutor.
I have heard political commentators claim Trump will do it to avoid looking like a coward, hell if were true he would have testified when he claimed he would in his various trials. He is a coward, that is well established, so he will not face Kamala if he can avoid it.

The only way Trump takes on Kamala is if it becomes untenable to use his usual delay with the courts and dodge method. Shaming is the only way he comes out of his hide and faces her. But remember Trump is shameless so he will not front he will not take her on. And if he is dumb enough to try he will slaughtered.

In the last twenty four hours the Trump campaign has engineered two different narratives for why a debate is not happening.

As fans of contact sports surely all you can see this is a scared opponent running and making excuses, compare it to boxing, real fighters made no excuses and throw down against all comers, and yet we see Trump is running from a Black woman. You have to laugh it is so predictable that this would happen he is a boring ass transparent psychopath.

Last edited:

Alan Johnson

Juniors
Maybe I’m overestimating the importance of debates, but if he doesn’t agree to a debate that must severely harm his chances. I’d go further and say surely it is electoral suicide. In the NZ context would you vote for a candidate who refused to debate? I don’t think I could. Televised debates are terribly flawed and of arguable value, but the democratic ethos demands that you stake your ideas against the other guy’s in front of the braying public.

Meth

Staff member
Trump will debate Harris. Absolutely. This is just politicking.

How we he will fare is another story.