What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new captain for roos

knightsgal85

Juniors
Yes, indeed he is. Robbie Kearns is the replacement captain in the absence of Darren Lockyer who is being rested for the tour match against the French Selection XIII, & he will do a tremendous job (obviously he was named vice-captain originally, so naturally he would have been given the reigns).

Big Tim

First Grade
I heard Lockeyer was pretty peeved at Kimmorley and Anderson after the NZ game. Apparently Kimmorley basically took the role as captain and Anderson did nothing about it.

Could this be why Lockeyer, Aus captain, sat out the game??? I know if I was the Aus captain I would try not to miss any games. Im sure Lockeyer would be the same.

Lockyer never got into the game in NZ. Probably due to him being smashed a few times early to the point where his frustration boiled over and gave the ref a gob-full. Kimmorley stepped up to the plate and then led the team. Its probably the only thing I could have given him credit for in that match.

As for him sitting out, I'd say the injury had more to do with it.

Latest posts