What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New captain

NGR

Juniors
Ten news just ran a story: JT is looking for a new captain...

So who will it be?

My guess is Kidwell

Zigwaa

Bench
Kidwell is too hot headed to be captain, inspirational but can lose it too often.

Why do you write off Cusack? He has more right to the captaincy than anyone in my opinion.

I would say Cusack or the Peach. I would give it to Cusack but he gets interchanged, so maybe Co-captains Cusack/Peach.

MattJ

Juniors
If widders isnt used as an impact player, and starts some games, i think he could very well get the job, however, i'd say its more likely peachey to have the c next to his name, with players like Fa'alogo, Kidwell, vagana, Cusack etc.. to be made into one of those senior leadership groups that are so popular these days.
I wonder where this will leave Sutton in the vice captaincy stakes, i hope he can hold on to it, he is a future leader.

Seano

Juniors
I reckon Kidwell is a moral for it

Cusack proved this year he is not a captain and peach is only here for another year.

Kidwell is a current international and was a leader at the storm I reckon he'd be unreal at it

Dave Q

Coach
Cusak makes a good captain, I'd be retaining him but if not I'd like to see Big Joe or even vags step into the role.

We need some kind of war-wounded veteren to give the ref the "what the" and the evil eye!

I like the group concept too.

Alba

Coach
Dave Q said:
Cusak makes a good captain, I'd be retaining him but if not I'd like to see Big Joe or even vags step into the role.

We need some kind of war-wounded veteren to give the ref the "what the" and the evil eye!

I like the group concept too.

I respect Yak as a player and think he is very good at what he does, however I don't think he is what we want in a captain. He isn't vocal enough. We went from having Harrison who was always talkin to having Cusack who, to me, just seems like he expects everyone to know what he's thinking. Just my opinion.

girvie

Staff member
Seano said:
I reckon Kidwell is a moral for it

Cusack proved this year he is not a captain and peach is only here for another year.

Kidwell is a current international and was a leader at the storm I reckon he'd be unreal at it
Yeah i would go for Kidwell as well. He did a good job when he captained the Storm this year.

Dave Q

Coach
the yaksters good off-feild -never fails to impress

almost a purpose-built captain

so i was surprised with JT's sentiments

but every day is a surprise these days!

Collateral

Coach
I agree with Tama, I reackon Peachey is the way to go. Esecially at fullback he will be able to make his voice heard all over the park.

Seano

Juniors
Yeah but the Peach is only going to be around for another year.

I just dont think Yak does enough on the field to keep the job - there were plenty of time this year that we were under the pump and needed a rev-up but nothing came.

I dont really know who to give it to but I reckon Kidwell could be an option for sure

kiwi_man

Juniors
big roy asotais i reckon, perfect age and player to build a team around, also has exprience of captaining the junior kiwis

Steven@L.W

Juniors
Vagana captained Nz remember!!! Its a shame for Cusack,he led from the front this season with not much support.
I reckon Kidwell will get the job though or the Peach would do the job well.

Latest posts