What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Dally M Award

butchmcdick

Immortal
NRL To Introduce Award For “Best Handling Of Leaked Video Footage” At 2016 Dally Ms

NRL CEO, Todd Greenberg, spoke at a press conference today about how pleased he is to announce the award.

Share on FacebookFollow on FacebookAdd to Google+Connect on Linked inSubscribe by EmailPrint This Post

Dally-Ms.jpg

23 September, 2016. 12:00

WENDELL HUSSEY | Celebrity Sports | CONTACT

To cap of an incredible year on and off the field for Australian rugby league, the NRL will award the inaugural “Best Leaked Footage” award at this year’s Dally M awards on Wednesday night.

With hundreds of quality entrants across the board, Corey Norman and Mitchell Pearce loom as the early favourites.

NRL CEO, Todd Greenberg, spoke at a press conference today about how pleased he is to announce the award, he says it has a long future ahead of it.

“It’s fantastic that we as the rugby league community can recognise the efforts of these guys and their clubs off the field.”

Mitchell Pearce’s handling of the “Australia Day Dog Drama” has him earmarked as the man to beat for this prestigious award.

One of the judges, The Great Eighth Andrew Johns, says Pearce has has raised the bar when it comes to handling the media after they get their hands on an unsavoury video.

“Leaving the country while sobbing about alcohol issues is absolutely brilliant form by the young fulla,” he said.

“I see a lot of myself in that bloke. Mind you, we were getting away with much worse in Newy before smart phones.”

Another guest judge, former Raiders star Joel Monaghan, reckons Jarryd Hayne’s Snapchat story with Gold Coast bikie should be right up there.

“I mean Jarryd coming out and saying he didn’t know that Bikie that he was throwing cash around with, that’s priceless.”

“And the media bought it. Terrific stuff!”

The other judges of the award will be John Hopoate, Mark Gasiner and Craig Gower.

The winner will receive all-expenses paid week long trip to Bali with 3 mates of their choosing.

http://www.betootaadvocate.com/unca...-leaked-video-footage-at-2016-dally-m-awards/

Betoota breaking the stories first yet again

butchmcdick

Immortal
To be honest I think the Bronco chair sniffer should not be considered

I mean the video was bought by news ltd. Think of the special effects they have added to it

It will make Star Wars look like battlefield earth now

adamkungl

Immortal
You should add a poll though

-Pearce + Bella the Dog "I dont have a sexuality i'll f**k anything"
-CC-Normz "suck it dry brah"
-Hayne da gangsta "Cash money fam"
-this chair sniffing thing whatever merkins

butchmcdick

Immortal
NRL wants to see video of Brisbane Broncos player allegedly taking cocaine
5a411e262cf91e1f5818588ad31a957a

Paul Malone, Robert Craddock, The Courier-Mail
July 18, 2016 12:00am
premium_iconSubscriber only
5a411e262cf91e1f5818588ad31a957a

THE NRL integrity unit will ask for a free preview of footage allegedly showing a Broncos player taking cocaine, which has been shopped around for $70,000.

The NRL’s first steps would be to contact media organisations sounded out to buy the images and then the third party who made the offer on behalf of the filmer.

“The integrity unit will make inquiries about where we can obtain the film,’’ an NRL spokesman said.

ROBERT CRADDOCK: Snitch and sell fad a sordid little scene

“We got media inquiries on it and the Broncos said they had looked into the matter and there was no need to take it any further.

“Now we are more aware of it, we will certainly ask as part of a normal investigation if we can see it and make our own inquiries.

‘‘It’s dependent on whether the person is willing to hand over the tape.

“It obviously appears they are trying to get some money.

‘‘We won’t be (paying).’’

The incident is said to have happened in Sydney after Brisbane lost 40-14 to Canterbury at ANZ Stadium on June 25.

The Broncos said they became aware of the allegations against one of their players in the middle of last week and club management informed the NRL.

“If we can’t see it (the images) we will have to go on what evidence is around, the player’s evidence and the club’s evidence,’’ the NRL spokesman said.

As the matter is alleged to have happened in Sydney, any further investigation would be up to NSW police, who last night refused to comment to The Courier-Mail.

2ebafa91c839d8e25488a6c0c42cbdd3

media_cameraKerrod Walters: “When they sign a half a million-a-year contract they know what is required so I don’t have sympathy for people who break those rules.”
Former Broncos premiership winner Kerrod Walters said that while he felt the behaviour of league players was collectively at a high standard, he had no sympathy for any player who allowed themselves to be filmed using drugs.

“When they sign a half a million-a-year contract they know what is required so I don’t have sympathy for people who break those rules.

“The game has moved forward in leaps and bounds since I played (in the 1990s) and generally the behaviour of the players is very good.’’

Former Maroons star Walters admitted social media scrutiny was a challenge for today’s sportsmen but one they should be prepared for.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...e/news-story/5a411e262cf91e1f5818588ad31a957a

adamkungl

Immortal
Non-contender due to lack of footage.

We could call it the Mark Gasnier Fire Up You Sad merkin Award For Crimes Against Rugby League

Barkley

Bench
Norman is at short odds for this award. Drugs, booze and bitches (non dog bitches) what more do you want in a good home video?

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Brett Seymour should be an honourary mention. Walking home pisses and then being harassed by two girls who go out of their way to be in his business and film him. Nek minnit he is apologizing to the crowd before a game he has been dropped for