What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New dimension in Attack Under Benji....

drpeterb

Juniors
Hi everyone,.
I am very excited about Benji Signing.
Towards the end of last season Benji seemed very ordinary at the tigers.
I think the change of surroundings will benefit him greatly.
I think that under his direction along with Widdop we can be one of the most potent attacking teams in the NRL.
Funny that, because it wasn't too long ago that we couldn't score a try.
I think Dugan will transform running off Benji.
Get ready to see some freaky tries...

Our defence though, will still be as leaky as a sieve around the edges, but at least we will be scoring points.
What do you guys think????

St Georgio

Juniors
I see for the first time since 99 (Choc, Tinga, Baz and Co) , we are going to be entertained by these boys (Benji, Sir Garreth, Duges and Co), just sit back and enjoy the next 3 years.
All we need now is David Waite to help our terrific coaching staff!

BrissyRedV

Bench
We could potentially have made both the worst and best signings of the season with both Benji and Widdop. But, even though I am not 100% in support on this Benji signing as I think it is too much of a risk to gamble so much salary cap on player at arguably his lowest point and rely on his "potential" to get back to his best, I still can't help but get excited by the prospect of right side attacked by Benji. The left side is sorted with Widdop leading and is very potent. But just imagine the ball coming to the left, to Benji, using his elusiveness coming across the field, with running options of Thompson, Dugan chiming in, Farrell and Flo. The team can then reload and spread again to the right, through Widdop, Creagh, Beale and Bmoz. It will be enough to worry any defence. Even though I still have doubts over this signing, it still has me salivating over the potential combos for the first game. Its hard not to get get excited even when being skeptical.

KiamaSaint

Coach
Right Edge: Benji, Thompson, Dugan, ????, Flo.
Left Edge: Widdop, Creagh, Dugan, Beale Morris.

Stiffen up the middle and fix our current right centre issue and we are a premiership force.

jenninga

First Grade
Right Edge: Benji, Thompson, Dugan, ????, Flo.
Left Edge: Widdop, Creagh, Dugan, Beale Morris.

Stiffen up the middle and fix our current right centre issue and we are a premiership force.

Already have after seeing our right and left edges.:D

Rob Dragon

Juniors
Absolutely nothing will change in our attack whilst the entire current coaching staff is here. Our attacking game plan is to (a) run from dummy half as much as possible and (b) run one off the ruck without any support thereby ensuring the ball carrier is tackled backwards and on his back.

Once these game changing attacking structures are used we go for a double cut out sweep move which is really only crabbing across the field.

Nothing will change with Price as the coach. Nothing.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Hi everyone,.
I am very excited about Benji Signing.
Towards the end of last season Benji seemed very ordinary at the tigers.
I think the change of surroundings will benefit him greatly.
I think that under his direction along with Widdop we can be one of the most potent attacking teams in the NRL.
Funny that, because it wasn't too long ago that we couldn't score a try.
I think Dugan will transform running off Benji.
Get ready to see some freaky tries...

Our defence though, will still be as leaky as a sieve around the edges, but at least we will be scoring points.
What do you guys think????

I'm happy to concede 49 points a game from here to seasons end..as long as we score 50

MattYg1

Bench
Absolutely nothing will change in our attack whilst the entire current coaching staff is here. Our attacking game plan is to (a) run from dummy half as much as possible and (b) run one off the ruck without any support thereby ensuring the ball carrier is tackled backwards and on his back.

Once these game changing attacking structures are used we go for a double cut out sweep move which is really only crabbing across the field.

Nothing will change with Price as the coach. Nothing.

This is why Benji should be able to play tomorrow, it's not like there are any actual tactics or Stratergy for him to learn. This is Dragons football where the pants are down 65%of the time every time