What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Knights Kingdom Shop.

antonius

Coach
I hope I don't stir up a hornets nest here, but I visited the new shop at Edgeworth the other day just to enquire if they will be selling tickets now that we have new ticketing arrangements, guess what I found? The bloody shop only opens from 10.00am till 2.00pm on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday!!!!! How the hell can they justify renting the place when it's only open twelve hours a week when most people are at work? Sorry but this time they really have made a finacial blooper, the rent in that place would be a squillion, honestly you do have to wonder don't you? Just for those who think this is GoKnights pretending to be me.... it isn't, this one I think she got right. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

~knights~

Juniors
ummm yeah I thought that was strange as well.

I didn't even get to the opening.

It was on a friday midday,surely they could have made it for the weekend :evil:

quick sticks

Juniors
It is the stupidest thing i have seen aswell. The only thing it will serve a good purpose out at Edgeworth is that people out that way can get tickets if they need to with out going in to the centre of Newcastle. The whole shopping centre is a bit of a joke actually.

astrogirl

First Grade
I'm perplexed. Why is the store out in Edgeworth? I grew up there so I know the area, and I'm not sure it makes much sense to open a Knights store in that vicinity... and that's even forgetting the fact that the opening hours (or lack thereof) make the place even more unaccessible :-k

Where exactly is the store?

antonius

Coach
Astro it's behind Dowlings real estate in the re-vamped Oasis shopping centre (That's rather an unfortunate name when you think about it isn't it?) The rent there would be fairly high I would imagin. It makes no sense that's for sure. Unless they have some sort of arrangement with the centre owner, and knowing the guy I doubt that very much.

astrogirl

First Grade
Wow, it's really been a long time since I've been to Edgeworth as my parents no longer live there (I lived in Edgeworth between the ages of about 3 to 16). For a long time there had been talk about revamping the Oasis shopping centre - definitely an unfortunate name, but it's been called that for as long as I can remember.

antonius

Coach
It's all been completely re-built, there are plenty of specialty shops, and a large Coles supermarket, how succesful it is remains to be seen, as Glendale supercentre is just down the road.

astrogirl

First Grade
I'd always assumed that the Oasis plans would be scrapped, once the Glendale centre was built. The two centres can't be more than 5 km from each other! Maybe there is projected population growth around the West Wallsend area? I hope so!

antonius

Coach
Danish Moo Cow said:
Off season hours, perhaps?

Could be, I certainly hope so, the other posibility is Dowlings are subing it to them, It's behind their real estate office.

The shop out there i thought was a good idea at the time
But then again,I thought that it was going to be in the Glendale shopping centre
That would make more sense[although that place is hot...DAMN HOT!!!]
Oasis...???? more like white elephant

38 days until...Hand me a flashlight...I think I see Hodges!!

Dmac

Juniors
Great - another eyesore in the town of Newcastle. When are they opening the Raiders Knigdom stores in Newy (just joking). Edgeworth is the dodgiest place to have a knights store