What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New League Key Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Key points
- The league will be based at My Fantasy League. It is an extremely customisable site that can do just about anything you can think of when it comes to fantasy football.
- Small fee of $5-$10 to cover site set up costs that re-occurs each year.
- It will be a salary cap/contract league so you carry over the players you have under contract season-to-season.
- You'll have things like contract $$$, contract lengths, guaranteed money and cap penalties to think about.
- Trading future draft picks.
- Rookie drafts each year.
- Free agency each year.
- Practice squads.
- No kickers!
- Contract renegotiations.
- Franchise and transition tags.
- Possible inclusion of IDPs.
- League discussion/roster moves/free agency etc. will be on a separate, league dedicated forum (to be set up).

We need to get some numbers going before we start putting in time to set this up and sort out the finer details... so if you're interested reply here or send a PM.

Last edited:

kurt faulk

Coach

Is this full dynasty? By that i mean is there any set amount of cuts before every season or can we keep the full squad if we want? Obviously we won't want to because we want an influx of rookies but you know what i mean.

abpanther

Staff member

Is this full dynasty? By that i mean is there any set amount of cuts before every season or can we keep the full squad if we want? Obviously we won't want to because we want an influx of rookies but you know what i mean.

Full dynasty mate, full control over your roster. Once you acquire a player you can allocate their contract years and keep them as long as you like. You can cut guys earlier if you like but there are salary cap penalties for cutting guys before their contract expires

kurt faulk

Coach
Full dynasty mate, full control over your roster. Once you acquire a player you can allocate their contract years and keep them as long as you like. You can cut guys earlier if you like but there are salary cap penalties for cutting guys before their contract expires

Excellent. Should be fun working all this stuff out.

Just an idea.

I see that I am not the only total noob to NFL fant. Perhaps Dogs of War could work as an impartial, freelance advidor? :sarcasm:

kurt faulk

Coach
Just an idea.

I see that I am not the only total noob to NFL fant. Perhaps Dogs of War could work as an impartial, freelance advidor? :sarcasm:

If i was you i would go to some fantasy site and do a few auction mock drafts against other people so you can get a feel for it. Don't go into the draft blind or you will get burnt.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Just an idea.

You can grab help from wherever you like. As long as it's not anything too specific from another owner. The league set up allows for co-ownership if you want to go down that route.

shiznit

Coach
Hey guys... I'm going to have to pull out...

Ive just had some personal issues come to a head which will prevent me from giving my fantasy team the attention required.

After last season I bombed out bad because I just didn't have the time to stay across my teams so I don't want to do that and ruin this league.

Very, very sorry guys about the lateness in withdrawing but something unexpected came up that I tried to see if I could work around it but as I said... I wouldn't be doing the league any justice...

Pretty pissed to be honest as I was starting to go over my potential squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts