What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Look GB for 05

TownMarra

Juniors
Where does Salfords Andy Coley fit into all this, he's a great prospect, has to be selected for 2005!
Eorl Crabtree?? I dont think so!!

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
In-goal said:
Other than JasonE has anyone else here seen Scott Moore play a game of Rugby League?

I have. He's a star in the making thats for sure. The first time I ever saw him was a junior amateur game where he got the ball on his own 20 stepped through the line took it straight at the fullback and stepped him before putting his foot down and scoring.

The kid reminds me an awful lot of Henry Paul, his running style is very similar.

He played for Saints against Wigan and whilst he didn't set the place on fire he also didn't look out of place, which is a massive achievement for a kid who's just turned 16.

He is a freak physically too, easily capable of playing Super League and taking the biggest of forwards down. He looks better than McGuire in this regard already.

Saints were warned by the RFL to not use him too much though so I think he'll only get a handful of starts next year.

Charge

Juniors
I saw the Wigan vs Saints game where a young lad played for Saints. He looked very good, better at directing play than Sean Long IMO. I think Wigan have a young lad who is supposedly very good too, but I think he is about 18. Anyone know who I mean, cos I don't know the name.

nqboy

First Grade
Reardon was supposed to be the next big thing at fullback, wasn't he? I'd like to see Mathers as I just don't rate Radlinski or Wellens, both far too slow to threaten. Long - no, Deacon - no, it certainly seems to me you lack quality halves like Andy Gregory or even Bobby Goulding (despite his disciplinary problems). Maguire must be in the run-on side, you guys don't have the depth of quality halves to leave him on the bench for impact.

Harris looked well past his best. Maybe he was tired as claimed but the "Welsh Wizard" days seemed long gone. Higham and O'Loughlin looked promising and I'd certainly give Senior more time but you guys would know more about him than I. What is Leon Pryce's natural position? And Diskin to hooker, any problems with that?

Charge

Juniors
In-goal said:
The young Wigan 1/2 is Luke Robinson, he was released and will play for Salford next season.

No, I mean the lad who is so good Wigan felt they could get rid of Robinson since he would only be replaced in a few years. I think his name is James Coyle.

EDIT:
After looking round the internet I found I was right. James Coyle is a 3rd generation player for Wigan, with both his father and grandfather playing for Wigan at number 7 (in the 70s and 40s). He was the captain of the England Acadamy team who beat Aus Youngsters team in 2003 in England. Apparently he is very very good.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Liked your lineup Charge, but was a little confused by the inclusion of Eorl ahead of the likes of Higham, Tickle etc.

screeny

Bench
nqboy said:
Reardon was supposed to be the next big thing at fullback, wasn't he? I'd like to see Mathers as I just don't rate Radlinski or Wellens, both far too slow to threaten. Long - no, Deacon - no, it certainly seems to me you lack quality halves like Andy Gregory or even Bobby Goulding (despite his disciplinary problems). Maguire must be in the run-on side, you guys don't have the depth of quality halves to leave him on the bench for impact.

Harris looked well past his best. Maybe he was tired as claimed but the "Welsh Wizard" days seemed long gone. Higham and O'Loughlin looked promising and I'd certainly give Senior more time but you guys would know more about him than I. What is Leon Pryce's natural position? And Diskin to hooker, any problems with that?

IMO the last time a GB side was well marshalled around a field was 2nd SL Test 1997, Old Trafford. The HB in question was Bobbie Goulding.

Charge

Juniors
chriswalkerbush said:
Liked your lineup Charge, but was a little confused by the inclusion of Eorl ahead of the likes of Higham, Tickle etc.

I put Eorl in because I felt we needed a second prop on the bench. He played for England in the Euro-nations which is meant to be a stepping stone for youngsters into the GB side, so there is a chance he could be included in the future.

Maybe at the end of this season I will change my mind about him, but at the moment I'd say he is probably one of the best prospects we have.

In-goal

Bench
In-goal wrote:
The young Wigan 1/2 is Luke Robinson, he was released and will play for Salford next season.

No, I mean the lad who is so good Wigan felt they could get rid of Robinson since he would only be replaced in a few years. I think his name is James Coyle.

EDIT:
After looking round the internet I found I was right. James Coyle is a 3rd generation player for Wigan, with both his father and grandfather playing for Wigan at number 7 (in the 70s and 40s). He was the captain of the England Acadamy team who beat Aus Youngsters team in 2003 in England. Apparently he is very very good.

I stand corrected, i haven't seen this youngster play but he obviously has good pedigree i certainly hope he isn't to far out of the first team.

Latest posts