What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Look Knights '08

seedy

Juniors
Its so great to watch the knights play this year,very refreshing to be following a team again that trys there hearts out for 80 mins!There is no doubt if we had last years play roster the result would have been about the same as last year 50 odd point lose!However if the knights don't start games off alot better then i have no doubt they will stuggle to win away from home all year,they have not scored the first try in any match this yeah and even in the trail gave away big leads before turning it around!Big test next weekend against and inform brisbane (hopefully without some big names)without mullen.I think our starting frontrows were really shown up today so i hope coach smith can make some changes in that area next week.Perhaps its time for Richie Fa'aoso to start.I would also love to see somemore out of wes for mine he needs to be on the wing and given a free roaming role alittle like vuna was given against the warriors and he needs to get in dummy half and running more that is wes's bread and butter and he does it better then any other of newcastle outside backs!Imo wes to one wing,maddog and Lulia in the centres.Loving what matty hilder is bring to the team from the bench!The season is younger then the new look baby knights but they look the goods imo!!

Hanscholo

Bench
I agree m8, in the last two matches we have been down by 10 or more early on and we have stayed in it and been there at the end. Your right, i think after the start the warriors got, last years side would have taken on 40+ at least. I dont mind losing matches when i can see improvement and effort. This year i have seen both in every game and im really enjoying it.

Spitty

Juniors
I always said I don't expect them to win the title yet (It'd be nice though) and I don't even expect them the make the 8.

But if they put in every week and account for themselves, then I'd be happy with the result. So far they've exceeded my expectations.

Didn't think our front row was that bad today, tbh. They got heavily penalised but no all of those were their fault.

Heard Smithy say on KOFM before the game that Cross will be available this week. Gr8 news.

Super Sub

Juniors
There are some really great signs that the boys are showing already, just a few small things that need to be improved. And the most positive thing is that they are trying so so hard. Last year the players just didn't seem interested or focussed and other teams just rolled over them, this year though they really do have their minds on the task.

They just need to work on execution a bit, but it is to be expected that such a young and inexperienced team would struggle with that early on. Although I strongly believe that if pretty much the same team can play each week throughout the year then we will be pushing for the top 8 at the end of the year.

Besides, the boys really have done me proud these last 4 weeks, I just hope that they can bring home the gold against the Broncos. A 3-0 home record would be really great for the EA stadium crowds and could give us a good advantage at home for the rest of the year if we can win most of our matches there.

Knights01

Juniors
I hope they get a huge crowd out there on Sunday afternoon - I am an out of town supporter who can't get down from Qld as much as I would like. I was there for the Manly nailbiter and what an experience that was - always good being there as a home supporter - rather than sitting at Dairy Farmers or Suncorp as an away supporter - still yelling my lungs out nevertheless though!

I am proud of their efforts and I think they have made a few teams and so called 'experts' sit up and take notice. We have a no frills pack of forwards (discards from other teams basically) and a backline who are going ok. Winning this weekend is crucial for great home crowds in coming weeks.

The most impressive part of the Knights game in '08 has been their dedication to work for and with one another in defence. Great line speed and the willingness to be there for their team mates - that is what has impressed me. Roll on 3 pm Sunday!!!

Apey

Staff member
i'll be there

I hope it's a huge crowd too, it's normally decent for the broncos plus it's sunday arvo. The atmosphere at the Manly game was worth the trip no doubt :eek:

Belly07

Juniors
Agree with your sentimates exactly. Two things I hate seeing. 1) The Knightds getting beaten by poor Refereeing errors, & 2) The Knights not trying as was the case last year.

I can handle us being beaten by a better side, if we at least show some backbone and fight to the final whistle and make the other side know that they earn't the victory!! i would like the Knights go back to being the team every other team hated playing...because they knew that it would be a tough, hard fight!!!

I agree m8, in the last two matches we have been down by 10 or more early on and we have stayed in it and been there at the end. Your right, i think after the start the warriors got, last years side would have taken on 40+ at least. I dont mind losing matches when i can see improvement and effort. This year i have seen both in every game and im really enjoying it.

Jono078

Referee
I'm making some last minute plans to take along my 10 year old cousin, will be his first game.

Always wanted to go to a Knight v Broncos match, so now is a good chance to go.

NthKnight

I hope they get a huge crowd out there on Sunday afternoon - I am an out of town supporter who can't get down from Qld as much as I would like. I was there for the Manly nailbiter and what an experience that was - always good being there as a home supporter - rather than sitting at Dairy Farmers or Suncorp as an away supporter - still yelling my lungs out nevertheless though!

I am proud of their efforts and I think they have made a few teams and so called 'experts' sit up and take notice. We have a no frills pack of forwards (discards from other teams basically) and a backline who are going ok. Winning this weekend is crucial for great home crowds in coming weeks.

The most impressive part of the Knights game in '08 has been their dedication to work for and with one another in defence. Great line speed and the willingness to be there for their team mates - that is what has impressed me. Roll on 3 pm Sunday!!!

Boo ya to that.

Great that the Tits are in the comp now, it gives us Qld residents (note I didnt say Queenslanders) an extra game we can get to easily. See you at Skilled in rd 22 and Suncorp in rd 26 Knights01.

darkness

Juniors
Oh brother, now understand this, Fa aso is an impact player. His role is to make an impact by coming in off the bench with a full tank. That's what he was brought into the club to do and thats all brian smith plans for him, same with Wicks, defensively they proly couldn't handle the work rate required in the initial stages of the game. Thats the way Brian smith utilised Fui moi and only as an impact, never as a starter, yet when he made the N.Z side, they used him as a starter and was unimpressive. Thats the Brian Smith methodology. The interchange rule see's him having to leave them on longer then he would like I imagine. Oh and Knights to win by 12.

Knights01

Juniors
Yes NthKnight I will be there - I hope to erase the memory of the clash from last year at Suncorp. I went along with 5 Broncos mates and geez it was tough sitting there - never have I seen a team give up as easily as they did that day! That was the last we saw of sooky-la-la Clint Newton as well - good riddance to him I say!

GO NEWCASTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!