What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Panthers official 2012 Fan-site.

The official panthers forum has always been run like a nazi state. Suck up and say what you're meant to or get banned.

Spitty

Juniors
The official panthers forum has always been run like a nazi state. Suck up and say what you're meant to or get banned.

They've changed the forum because they want to get a sponsor for it, in an attempt to reduce the cost. But ironically the powers that be felt that it was too out of control and negative to get a sponsor. To most of us it seems like 'pleasantville' compared to most other forums, but to them it apparently wasn't 'pleasantville' enough.

Good for inside info but not so good for discussions and clearly going to get worse.

murraymob

Coach
They've changed the forum because they want to get a sponsor for it, in an attempt to reduce the cost. But ironically the powers that be felt that it was too out of control and negative to get a sponsor. To most of us it seems like 'pleasantville' compared to most other forums, but to them it apparently wasn't 'pleasantville' enough.

Good for inside info but not so good for discussions and clearly going to get worse.

hate to say but you get better inside info here.People then copy it and take it over there .The junior news on here is the best by a long way

franklin2323

Immortal
hate to say but you get better inside info here.People then copy it and take it over there .The junior news on here is the best by a long way

Spot on. Remember last year other then Wakeman every signing was announced here. That was from facebook posts. Local paper article's. Friends of players etc. Over there they are all classed as hearsay.

GongPanther

Referee
@ Betcats...I thought about putting it in the Panthers sub-forum (who knows,it might already have by the time I write this) but I opted for this place due to exposures sake and for one and all.

Azkatro

First Grade
Calling a Twitter account pi_2012 is a bit short-sighted. Good to see they're investing more time and effort in social though.

Spitty

Juniors

I was more speaking about hearing some things regarding membership etc from Shaun and Philby, directly from them.

But no doubt they were always last on signings and even the withdrawal of Sanyo was announced there last.

Remember when we couldn't even talk about the board elections?

But they want to make it info based, on issues right across the club which may be the way to go. Don't want to bag it before I've seen it.

GongPanther

Referee
I see it as a fresh new start for the club,the players,the fans the new web-site and the mods.

What used to irk me was that the discussion in (some) their forums (between fans) would cease sounding like a political speeches where in the end,the value of the topic gets lost and the one-upmanship in who has a superior arguement takes over.

LeagueLegend

Juniors
Good to see they're investing more time and effort in social though.

Not before time. Every other club saw the value in digital and social media except 2-3 years before Penrith, they kept one person doing it all when other clubs expanded three-fold. Amazing what happens when Gus walks in and tells senior management they've been holding back the club for years and to let him start doing things right.

age.s

First Grade
PI wasn't all bad. There was some decent analysis on there when it was presented very tactfully, and some very good posters. The place was just inconsistently moderated and at times extremely paranoid. Presumably there was a reason for that, but I'm actually surprised that the plan seemed to be to clamp down further on what could be discussed there. I think there's enormous value for a club in an official forum if the club has the stomach for a full and frank discussion with the fans, and given how Gus seems to believe in talking directly to the people (his twitter is very active) I would have thought a revamp of the forum would have loosened the reins somewhat. By the end the moderation team had gone extremely pro everything, there was a ban on subjects like politics and even the off-topic forum was potentially on the chopping block. When it went offline it was a pretty strange place.