What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(New) Questions for Mario ONLY

TripleM

Juniors
Well, I've been through the last 10 pages or so of the old thread and pulled out any questions that I don't remember hearing the answers to - some of them may have been partially answered or answered way earlier but I'll post them anyway.

As for other posts in this thread, any irrelevant post will be deleted. I'm not sure about what should happen if someone posts an old question, one option is possibly removing them and then PMing the person, it will just make things a lot easier for mario rather than having all the same questions again.

So if anyone has any new questions.. post them here..

From old thread:

Question, in the Super League version of the game, will they use the 8 sided super league ball or will they have the Nutri grain aussie ball? And what balls will they use in test matches?

When in defence, is it like in the demo where you can only really make tackles if you press A (change player) then quickly press W (tackle), or does the computer automatically change the player that you are controlling to be the closest to the ball? If you know what I mean!

Can you turn off the matrix style kicking when playing against a friend?

A question that I dont think has been asked yet, do backs with low catching ability (like me) tend to attempt to catch more bombs, or do players ever leave it to bounce?

Will we see the scoreboard flicker over with the score, or are they purely ornamental?

will we be told in the game where a player comes from so we know who we can pick for Rep teams eg. if there from city or country or QLD or NSW or Kiwi etc

will the commentators make reference to how teams are playing during the year? say if my team comes up against a side that has lost 10 in a row, will Vossy say "this team has had a really hard time"???

Oh and a question for me that I can't remember if I posted or not but I never had an answer anyway..
If someone gets sent off or sinbinned, do the AI just play with a huge hole in their defence line or do they spread themselves out?

Oh and one more thing: Do NOT ask Mario if a certain player is in the game.

shaggy

Juniors
i no this version isnt live but, with playstation2 & xbox going live & ea sports putting out games on ps2 live not on xbox live, will futre versions of this game cum out on either or both versions???

Tadpole

Juniors
cheeseman_james said:
i no this version isnt live but, with playstation2 & xbox going live & ea sports putting out games on ps2 live not on xbox live, will futre versions of this game cum out on either or both versions???

Mario did say in an interview somewhere that online gameplay is high on the list for the next version :D

Mario

Juniors
TripleM said:
Question, in the Super League version of the game, will they use the 8 sided super league ball or will they have the Nutri grain aussie ball? And what balls will they use in test matches?

Nutrigrain ball is used throughout the game.

When in defence, is it like in the demo where you can only really make tackles if you press A (change player) then quickly press W (tackle), or does the computer automatically change the player that you are controlling to be the closest to the ball? If you know what I mean!

The computer changes you to the person most likely to be able to catch the player in question.

Can you turn off the matrix style kicking when playing against a friend?

No. The system does not lend itself to being turned off. Being on defence while in Matrix mode is not a great disadvantage.

A question that I dont think has been asked yet, do backs with low catching ability (like me) tend to attempt to catch more bombs, or do players ever leave it to bounce?

Only marginally.

Will we see the scoreboard flicker over with the score, or are they purely ornamental?

Purely ornamental.

will we be told in the game where a player comes from so we know who we can pick for Rep teams eg. if there from city or country or QLD or NSW or Kiwi etc

No.

will the commentators make reference to how teams are playing during the year? say if my team comes up against a side that has lost 10 in a row, will Vossy say "this team has had a really hard time"???

No.

Oh and a question for me that I can't remember if I posted or not but I never had an answer anyway..
If someone gets sent off or sinbinned, do the AI just play with a huge hole in their defence line or do they spread themselves out?

The AI adjusts for the missing player.

MadEaglesFan

Juniors
Hey Mario, i asked this in another thread but Matta wasnt much help so im just wondering, when u score a try,does the referee award the try straight away or does he talk 2 the touchies on the mic 1st before awarding it.

Mario

Juniors
cheeseman_james said:

It is likely that the next version (should there be enough sales to warrant it) will be online on all platforms.

Mario

Juniors
MadEaglesFan said:
Hey Mario, i asked this in another thread but Matta wasnt much help so im just wondering, when u score a try,does the referee award the try straight away or does he talk 2 the touchies on the mic 1st before awarding it.

He doesn't consult the touch judges, he just gets into position and signals the try.

izzo

Juniors
So on the PC Version its been told that you can create your custom jerseys much more freely. So how do you edit the jerseys? is there a little program in the game where it can be done? can you make the jersey outside of the game and import it in?

Mario

Juniors
izzo said:
So on the PC Version its been told that you can create your custom jerseys much more freely. So how do you edit the jerseys? is there a little program in the game where it can be done? can you make the jersey outside of the game and import it in?

There is no facility to edit jerseys within the game in the PC version. Basically, you would create your jersey in an external paint package and then copy over the existing custom jerseys.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Hey Mario, how u going mate? i've asked these 2 questions a couple of times and no-one has answered them..

1) Is the hit-up count fixed because in the demo the players were making hit-ups and then at halftime it says "1" when the player has made like "4"..

2) When the scoreboard is shown in the demo and there is too many tryscorers to show in that little box provided for tryscorers is that the same in the real version... eg

Tryscorers: Ryan Girdler, Craig Gower, Luke Lewis, ....

I hope that it's like you can view all the statistics easily...

Thanks if you answer them mate.

Moffo

Referee
once you enter the matrix screen, can you cancel the kick and in effect 'dummy to kick'???

Cheers,
Moffo

Timmo

Juniors
pepstar87 said:
2) When the scoreboard is shown in the demo and there is too many tryscorers to show in that little box provided for tryscorers is that the same in the real version... eg

I hope that it's like you can view all the statistics easily...

Thanks if you answer them mate.

I know the answer to this question. It has been asked before.
It only shows as many as it can fit into the box, but after the game, you can see the stats entirely.

shirkhan

Juniors
i have asked this a few times but i have never had it answerd if i sub on a player will he have and interchange number on him eg 15 or just the number of the player he replaces like rugby 2001

Mario

Juniors
pepstar87 said:
1) Is the hit-up count fixed because in the demo the players were making hit-ups and then at halftime it says "1" when the player has made like "4"..

Its "better".

You can't view all the statistics for a Friendly, but you can for a Competition match.

Mario

Juniors
shirkhan said:
i have asked this a few times but i have never had it answerd if i sub on a player will he have and interchange number on him eg 15 or just the number of the player he replaces like rugby 2001

They keep their interchange number ie 15.

I have answered that a few times, so hopefully someone can update the FAQ.

sheep

Juniors
Mario i never got an answer from anyone that was 100% sure. But does the fatigue system adjust to the game time (i.e. you play 4 min halves, means player tire quicker)? Or is it always set around 10 min halves?

Mario, is there any limits to how much a player can weigh, how tall, age, etc?

And does the captain of the team do anything special or is it just ornamental?

Mario

Juniors
sheep said:
Mario i never got an answer from anyone that was 100% sure. But does the fatigue system adjust to the game time (i.e. you play 4 min halves, means player tire quicker)? Or is it always set around 10 min halves?

No, it doesn't. You have to play for 10min halves or longer (the reasoning being that strategic management of players isn't so important and is almost bothersome in a quick game)

Latest posts