What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(New) Questions for Mario ONLY

jase

Juniors
next version questions mario
will there be a judicery in the next version?
are you going to try and gain the licences for other league test teams eg france(traditional league playing nation they would help sales in europe)
png(league mad the only country where league is national sport)russia(up and coming nation with huge junior base)?
include challenge cup with other nationallity teams invoved eg french, welsh, scottish and irish?
will there be a world sevens?

Matta

Juniors
Mario said:
I have answered that a few times, so hopefully someone can update the FAQ.

Hmm... maybe someone who knows a lot more about the game should re-post mine, or maybe a moderator can edit it every once in a while, because I only know as much as everyone else and I don't come online as often to edit it as often as new stuff comes up.

BrettS

Juniors
Mario

If I've missed the answers to these Q's I'm sorry but I have not yet seen them.

1) In a screenshot I saw of the game it appears based on the shape of the crowd that the north/south hills were at Parramatta Stadium is this true?

2) Is the commentary based on the full name or the surnames only when a player is created so if I create Matt Johns does he get called Johns or Andrew Johns?

JoeD

First Grade
Is the fatigue of an individual a function of time on the field and his fitness rating or is it more complicated and take into account how many tackles/hitups he has made?

Thanks Mario. Also I never posted in the Sony verdict thread but I appreciate you letting us know what is going on. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Moffo

Referee
once you enter the matrix screen, can you cancel the kick and in effect 'dummy to kick'???

Cheers,
Moffo

CJG 182

Juniors
hey Mario...(or any1 else who can answer this)

is it possible to have 2 competitions running @ 1ce?
eg, having both a ESL comp running @ the same time as a NRL comp

NPK

Bench
This didn't get a definite answer when I asked it before..

Is there a fatigue meter to look at to know when to give players a rest?
Or do you have to keep track of all 13 players to see if they're running a little slow etc?

Matta

Juniors
Hey Mario,
How long in real time would it take to play a game of 10 minute halves? Would it take any longer than 25 minutes?

And, I really need to update the FAQ a bit more, don't I?

theVodkaCircle

Juniors
OK, I know Im not Mario but.....
You can get a game of 10 min halves close to 20 minutes by skipping cutscenes etc but you'll always have conversions etc.
There's no fatigue meter, you'll know.
Id say you can have 12 comps running at the same time if you want, Ive only have 5 running at once though so dont quote me.
Dont know about cancelling the matrix kick. Ill try later. I know you can stuff it up though (the kick I mean) :)
I think the hill is there at Parra.
If you create Matty Johns, he would be called the number sixth, the five eighth or Johns.

NPK

Bench
Ok, some more questions:

1) Does the catch ability rating for each player include catching kicks, or just passes?
2) Is it possible to knock on trying to catch a ball from a kickoff?
3) In the demo, when you got tackled a metre out from the tryline, the dummyhalf got tackled before he had a chance to do anything - has this changed?
4) Does the ball ever bounce on angles? In every clip I have seen of kicks, when they bounce, they always go straight on..

Cheers.

theVodkaCircle

Juniors
1) Not sure sorry
2) Yes, I can attest to that
3) That has been fixed but as in real life, you dont get much time when the defence is that close.
4) Yes it does.

[furrycat]

Coach
Q. Will it be possible to use a 3D Modelling program (such as max or milkshape) to create meshes and models, which can then be exported to a format which the game can use? Or will only the textures be modifiable?

figgylion

Juniors
Did a search for these two,couldn't find an answer

(1)Is it possible for an attacker to cross my line and then when I tackle him he is held up over the line?
(2)Is there any chance the two lower divisions in England(national league 1 and 2) would be included in a future version of the game so that promotion and relegation would be possible?
cheers

ripper

These have probaly been answered but the thought of trawling through 20 odd pages doesnt appeal to me...

1) Is one of the unlockable videos Stacey Jones' Try in the 2002 grand final

2) Does the ball "spin" when you pass it??

3) Wat is the best ESL player??

4) In PS2 magazines, on the demo cds they sometimes have this thing called "downloads" or something like that where you can download some stuff for games (e.g updated rosters) to your memory card, would you consider doing that if the sales were high enough??

Mario

Juniors
is it possible to have 2 competitions running @ 1ce?
eg, having both a ESL comp running @ the same time as a NRL comp

Yes.

will there be a judicery in the next version?

Maybe.

are you going to try and gain the licences for other league test teams

Yes.

will there be a world sevens?

Maybe.

1) In a screenshot I saw of the game it appears based on the shape of the crowd that the north/south hills were at Parramatta Stadium is this true?

Yes. We don't have the stadium upgrade in the game.

2) Is the commentary based on the full name or the surnames only when a player is created so if I create Matt Johns does he get called Johns or Andrew Johns?

"Johns"

Is the fatigue of an individual a function of time on the field and his fitness rating or is it more complicated and take into account how many tackles/hitups he has made?

Takes involvement and activity into account.

once you enter the matrix screen, can you cancel the kick and in effect 'dummy to kick'???

No. We had it like that at one stage but it left it open to exploitation (going in and out to confuse your opponent).

1) Does the catch ability rating for each player include catching kicks, or just passes?

Yes.

Q. Will it be possible to use a 3D Modelling program (such as max or milkshape) to create meshes and models, which can then be exported to a format which the game can use? Or will only the textures be modifiable?

Only textures.

(1)Is it possible for an attacker to cross my line and then when I tackle him he is held up over the line?

Yes.

(2)Is there any chance the two lower divisions in England(national league 1 and 2) would be included in a future version of the game so that promotion and relegation would be possible?

Its possible.

1) Is one of the unlockable videos Stacey Jones' Try in the 2002 grand final

No.

2) Does the ball "spin" when you pass it??

Yes.

3) Wat is the best ESL player??

Not sure offhand.

4) In PS2 magazines, on the demo cds they sometimes have this thing called "downloads" or something like that where you can download some stuff for games (e.g updated rosters) to your memory card, would you consider doing that if the sales were high enough??

Unlikely, but possible.

MadEaglesFan

Juniors
can someone tell me the best site they know for the best updated screenshots. with the exception of trublu and rlgame