What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Raiders Jersey

bileduct

Coach
Please forgive me if this is old news, but I've been out of the country for the last few weeks and did not find a thread on the subject, so...

I noticed the 2008 home and away jerseys on sale today at Jerseys in Weston. There's not really much to say, with the only noticable differences being the addition of the 100 Years of League badge, a slightly reworked CFMEU logo and that they appear to be made from a lighter, thinner fabric. Price is $149, which is a small mercy as Nike and Reebok have bumped theirs up to $179. This will be the third year for the home jersey so hopefully we'll see a new design for it next year.

Training shirt and singlet are also out, which can be viewed on the website. Not really the most memorable design in recent history.

The new polo shirt is horrible, though, and lacks it's usual reverse design counterpart.

skeepe

Immortal
bileduct said:
This will be the third year for the home jersey so hopefully we'll see a new design for it next year.

Why? I quite like the fact that they've gone back to the traditional design.

Bay56

First Grade
I havent seen the new polo shirt but I'm going to run with bileduct's assessment

*waits for a ton of bricks*

ak47

Juniors
the current design of the jerseys is fine IMO

resembles the hay day of the glory era of the raiders

i dont wanna see any more mock-ups like the ozemail fluro yellow v or superleague-isms

sponsor can change

but the main green and the horizontal stripes design needs to remain - they can play around with it, like the fonezone prints - but not too much

i am due for the video ezy retro one this year..

Raider_69

Post Whore
Bay56 said:
I havent seen the new polo shirt but I'm going to run with bileduct's assessment

*waits for a ton of bricks*

:lol: even though it was a piss take, that post pretty much sums you up to a tee!

Paullyboy

Coach
I just ordered myself the old and new raiders singlets. I probably should buy the jersey too, but I might as well wait for next season as it'll no doubt change.

Bay56

First Grade
Russell Crowe's Band said:
you guys need to get rid of that big white square in the middle.

too true blue ...

I realise the sponsorship money is important in keeping the club ticking over but they'd be last I would have chosen as our main sponsor.

Bay56

First Grade
ak47 said:
the current design of the jerseys is fine IMO

resembles the hay day of the glory era of the raiders

i dont wanna see any more mock-ups like the ozemail fluro yellow v or superleague-isms

sponsor can change

but the main green and the horizontal stripes design needs to remain - they can play around with it, like the fonezone prints - but not too much

i am due for the video ezy retro one this year..

I agree with not altering the original design to any great extent ...

draw from the experience of the most famous football club in the country who sells more jerseys and havent changed their basic design for centuries. Was speaking to the guy at JFW&P who stated that Collingwood's black n white vertical strips are the most recongnisable jersey in Oz and they sell whether the club is losing or winning ... GO THE PIES !!

not the sponsor..just the acres of white around it. surely the design guys at the cfmeu/raiders could have worked something a bit better out?

Mal's Milk

Juniors
Russell Crowe's Band said:
not the sponsor..just the acres of white around it. surely the design guys at the cfmeu/raiders could have worked something a bit better out?

Agree with what u say, but haven't the Sharkies made the white strip that goes around the middle of their jersey bigger in the past few years to accommodate sponsors?

A necessary evil unfortunately.

I really hate having the sponsors on the sleeves and all over the back as well, it looks very tacky. U would never see that in rugby or AFL I hate to say.

100%green

Juniors
The jerseys this year are basically what the players wear. Same fabric and the only difference is obviously the players are fitted and double stitched.

The polos are quite nice I think. Very retro and cotton as opposed to the nylon that doesn't breathe. We have more stock in at Jerseys now including Adults, Ladies and Kids Polar Fleece, Raiders Hoodie, Tracksuit pants and Training Jersey.

More still to come including a Heritage Jersey.