What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New recruits for 2023

Gippsy

Bench
Interesting comments that sound like it came from the coaching changes.
Skills have gone through the roof
Overhaul of team hierarcly
Dissolving any age disparities.

Also how was Kerr allowed to “ muck up as a man , on & off the field ?
Head & Gentle deserved to go.
The big takeaways from that article is the new, young, assistant coaches bringing some enthusiasm, and possibly some innovation to the group. He even says that hook is old school, so it seems these new guys have engaged the group and brought some new ideas, and better communication. At the moment, it's about the only hope I can cling to.

Dragon David

First Grade
The big takeaways from that article is the new, young, assistant coaches bringing some enthusiasm, and possibly some innovation to the group. He even says that hook is old school, so it seems these new guys have engaged the group and brought some new ideas, and better communication. At the moment, it's about the only hope I can cling to.
That's how I see things Gippsy. Hook is old school with a level head though and the younger assistants, as compared to Gentle, Elliott and Head, will bring renewed enthusiasm in all of the players which is needed to uplift their outlook for the years ahead.

RedVee_8

Juniors
The only hope as far as new faces is concerned , is that Webb said that they have money available ( as possum has mentioned ) once the actual salary cap for season 2023 is finalised then there COULD be other signings .

There is no doubt that the Dragon pack as is won’t have much fire power in it . So at this point we can only hope that other clubs will need to off load a couple of players that may come our way - hopefully.

As to Kerr I simply cannot see the man suddenly gaining that killer instinct that has been missing since his arrival from the Storm , unfortunately . I like the bloke , but he really must lift his game this year . He reminds me a bit of Paul Osbourne from the eighties , a big chap who just didn’t quite have the mongrel until one match he played a blinder against Canterbury-Bankstown and ripped their pack apart - never looked back from there .

Perhaps Kerr can follow suit and become a more formidable forward , preferably at prop . However he is only one part of a bigger concern and that is for Griffin to find that fine balance between having older and younger players in the team .
I remember Brent Kite as being a bit like that. Too nice, then in a game over against the Warriors he smashed a bloke in a great tackle.

Dragon David

First Grade
I remember Brent Kite as being a bit like that. Too nice, then in a game over against the Warriors he smashed a bloke in a great tackle.
Amongst other things, Kerr needs someone who can mentor him and boost his confidence and improve parts of his game that needs improving. As a forward, his job would involve plenty of hard work in attack and defence. Being fully fit as well as being stronger will add to his confidence.

I'm hoping the new assistant coaches will be able to have Kerr in a better place next year.

Old Timer

Coach
Amongst other things, Kerr needs someone who can mentor him and boost his confidence and improve parts of his game that needs improving. As a forward, his job would involve plenty of hard work in attack and defence. Being fully fit as well as being stronger will add to his confidence.

I'm hoping the new assistant coaches will be able to have Kerr in a better place next year.
Kerr can only get to a better place if “Kerr” wants to get there.

He has been in the NRL system including rep teams for a number of years and playing with and against the highest quality players so he has insight into what others did to get to the top and it’s all on his shoulders not the coaching staff.

I’ve seen a lot of players with less ability, skills and physical attributes than he’s got go a lot further a lot quicker than he has thus far.

He’s got to put the fire in his own belly.

Dragon David

First Grade

He has been in the NRL system including rep teams for a number of years and playing with and against the highest quality players so he has insight into what others did to get to the top and it’s all on his shoulders not the coaching staff.

I’ve seen a lot of players with less ability, skills and physical attributes than he’s got go a lot further a lot quicker than he has thus far.

I agree OT. I hope he can reach that better place next year.

Lethal25

Juniors
That article is like a balloon, just full of air. Saying you've been sh*t for a few years is not news, it's fact. Letting us know that the new coaches have brought ideas and a different approach is hardly ground breaking. There'll be 16 other enthusiastic clubs ready to roll for 2023, it's a puff piece.

We've made zero ground in terms of signings whilst a couple of the other also rans have recruited well. I'd rather see a little less talk and more action in particular from a signings perspective

justadragon

Bench

Agree totally, the fact that by his own admissions the last few years have been embarrassing for not only the club but for himself personally, plus that the Dragons pack has been rated the worst in the comp should be more than enough impetus to put that fire in the the belly, if it doesnt happen this coming season it never will, not to mention that it hasnt happened since his arrival to the Dragons.

Walpole

Juniors

Well put - none of our forwards in 2010 were as big and physically gifted as Kerr but you'd take every one of them over him.

BLM01

First Grade

He seems to go it in the Allstars games when in field
Maybe he loves the on / off 5 minute bursts just like touch or Old Boys games

Latest posts