What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New recruits for 2023

Dragon David

First Grade
Have we actually signed any new players for 2023? There have been whispers and rumours but thus far, I don't think we've actually seen any new recruit put pen to paper on a deal for next year. What's going on? We need some fresh troops in urgently.
It is unlikely that the Dragons will be recruiting anyone of significance for next year. They are working on a retention strategy that will help them develop the existing players and pay them accordingly. We are still unsure about retaining Ben Hunt after 2023. We should know more when November 1 comes around.

Doesn't look promising I am afraid.

FlameThrower

Bench
It is unlikely that the Dragons will be recruiting anyone of significance for next year. They are working on a retention strategy that will help them develop the existing players and pay them accordingly. We are still unsure about retaining Ben Hunt after 2023. We should know more when November 1 comes around.

Doesn't look promising I am afraid.
Your last sentence sums up everything…

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
And yet, we have a supposed junior nursery all the way down the South Coast. But instead we buy players, unwanted, out of form or on the wrong side of 30.
I put the blame for this solely at the feet of the St George part of the JV. They should listen to the south coast side of things & sign their promising juniors instead of Aaron f**king woods.

lombard

Juniors
Have we actually signed any new players for 2023? There have been whispers and rumours but thus far, I don't think we've actually seen any new recruit put pen to paper on a deal for next year. What's going on? We need some fresh troops in urgently.
We have to wait till the NSW cup season is over and all clubs finishing their signings first before we sign our usual 5 to 6 reserve grade standard players.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Too early to recruit as waiting on Wests, Dogs, Titans or Knight to release their unwanted players to get the Saints interested in recruitment. Saints love picking up players discarded from bottom table sides. They have not realised that teams in the top 8 may actually have unwanted players as well.

Why would any player from come to Saints anyway.

I am hoping it has also been quiet because they are waiting to sort out the coaching staff for 2023. But that is wishful thinking and quite smart which the Saints board isn't.

Dragon David

First Grade
The Bulldogs will be a force next year. Since they hired Gould and Barrett quitting, they are just a different team with Mick Potter as the interim coach and they will be better with who they will get for next year like Reed Mahoney, Viliame Kikau and Matt King for starters and they look like getting Cameron Ciraldo to be their head coach from 2023. Ciraldo will tighten up their defence and Craig Sanderock most probably continue as their attacking coach. Potter will fit in somewhere.

We on the other hand are so depressing it is just unbelievable how we just continue to "stand still" while most other clubs are moving and moving fast to improve for the new season ahead. Their fans have got something to look forward to while we, well I'm afraid to say it, continue to look like losers in a big way.

Please Dragons club officials, please get your act together and do something that will give us some hope for the future.

justadragon

Bench
I put the blame for this solely at the feet of the St George part of the JV. They should listen to the south coast side of things & sign their promising juniors instead of Aaron f**king woods.
Lets not go the road of division, I grew up in Hurstville, and I'm now residing on the south coast, I have accepted that we are one team, we all share the glory, we all share the blame and the shitty moments besides right at this moment we certainly dont need division amongst all our members, nothing will ever be solved by blaming the other side.

Dragon David

First Grade
Lets not go the road of division, I grew up in Hurstville, and I'm now residing on the south coast, I have accepted that we are one team, we all share the glory, we all share the blame and the shitty moments besides right at this moment we certainly dont need division amongst all our members, nothing will ever be solved by blaming the other side.
Exactly, justa. There is no reason now to go over what has happened. We are one team representing the City of Kogarah and the South Coast Regions.

I was born at St George Hospital in 1947 and lived in the Hurstville area for a short time but had lots of relatives living in Hurstville who were mad Dragons supporters.

I have lived in a few suburbs since and a period in the UK and while I'm not in the Dragons area, I have followed them loyally for about 63 years.

We have been through a tough 11 years but I'm sure things will turn around for the better one day. When that one day is let's hope it is soon.

Latest posts