What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New recruits for 2023

Yow

Juniors
At what point does this stop? It's all rhetoric to save face.

The Griffin experiment was only meant to be a stop gap measure. When he was brought in we were told to give it a season or two to 'undo the mess'. now the mess is worse than ever. Its december in a week and we dont even have a full forward pack. We barely retained Sullivan or Sloan - who knows what happened there but it would have been coach related. We meant to swallow the idea that we're preparing for the future. It's just another way of saying we cant attract talent to our rabble.

Here we go into another season with another unpopular, unsuccessful and prematurelu resigned coach just like it was under the last pretender in charge. Wasted time. Fans treated like morons.

But our CEO is a nice guy well whoop de do!!
I only go on face value that he seemed to be a good bloke what do you want an ahole Although the club might not have done as well on the field as we all hope our corporate sponsorship is up and the club is making money membership is still in good shape .I wish some on here wouldnt bag everything for the sake of it I do enjoy a lot of the other post

Yow

Juniors
Totally agree big red
any updates on Breakfast Gate , Yow ??
Thought Ryan told some of the Faithful on here at the Sydney Fan Forum that he doesnt involve himself in player negotiations ...hes more in the Corporate side of things
anyhow ...we wait with anticipation esp after the Paseka back flip
Basket Case City.................
I can only go on what he said at the function what happens after that time will tell it’s not if he going to ring me up but really breakfast gate

dungay dragon

Juniors
I can only go on what he said at the function what happens after that time will tell it’s not if he going to ring me up but really breakfast gate
You put it out there....Just asking...
Have had a few false alarms recently. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Despite Ryan painting a rosey pictutre , this Club needs some news of a significant signing to boost the spirits of Members and Sponsors as we head into 2023

Gippsy

Bench
Well, with 5-6 forwards released, and only 2 purchased, and no other signings on the horizon, it must be that we are going to run with our young forwards to fill the void, Coric, Shereb, Couchman x 2, Johnson, Webster??? Any others?

2023 is going to be a write-off year, so why not blood some of these youngsters?

SnowDragon

Juniors
Of course we could be saying
”when shit hit the fan, the CEO and even dragons chairman stood up and got involved”
even
”they got involved and we kept the young next-gen players we all wanted so much to keep”

hopefully we will also be able to say
”yes we were delayed in signing forwards, but in the end we got good fits and didn’t over-pay for players we didn’t really need”

this is a lot about mindset, and though I have Concerns, I think we are in a much healthier position today than a few years back.

SnowDragon

Juniors
Well, with 5-6 forwards released, and only 2 purchased, and no other signings on the horizon, it must be that we are going to run with our young forwards to fill the void, Coric, Shereb, Couchman x 2, Johnson, Webster??? Any others?

2023 is going to be a write-off year, so why not blood some of these youngsters?
Wouldn’t it be good if the club took a gamble and really tried to develop some of these young forwards as well as the backs?

why are people almost complaining about getting rid of players we didn’t want? these young guys will do a job I hope, and bring enthusiasm and commitment. Hopefully embracing the red v culture we want.

let’s hope we get at least 1 big bopper though, as we do lack some size.
only reason I haven’t put a bet on the 8 yet is the market value is still too low.

Como Connection

First Grade
Wouldn’t it be good if the club took a gamble and really tried to develop some of these young forwards as well as the backs?

why are people almost complaining about getting rid of players we didn’t want? these young guys will do a job I hope, and bring enthusiasm and commitment. Hopefully embracing the red v culture we want.

let’s hope we get at least 1 big bopper though, as we do lack some size.
only reason I haven’t put a bet on the 8 yet is the market value is still too low.
Lost $600 last year on the same bet, no for me this year, much better for the blood pressure
CC

Yow

Juniors
You put it out there....Just asking...
Have had a few false alarms recently. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Despite Ryan painting a rosey pictutre , this Club needs some news of a significant signing to boost the spirits of Members and Sponsors as we head into 2023
Just because i put up what Webb told me and also told everyone at function later on that he was having breakfast with a front rower doesnt mean we sign him. For some you i will write this slowly so you get it we offer player x amount of $$$ player x manager wants more just because Webb had breakfast with him doesnt mean we sign him

True_Believer

Juniors

Gareth67

First Grade

Illusion

Bench
Some info about Liddle. It would be great if he turns out to be a great buy. My concern is more about his defense.

He might just surprise us , he has speed around the ruck and supports any breaks made , from what I have seen of him , and if given time by Hook to settle in might turn out ok ..... Just my opinion .....

twinkletoes

Juniors
What annoys me is that I see what the West Tigers have done in the off season....I've seen their centre of excellence first hand and the facility at Concord Oval, I've seen their new training regime and the level of confidence Sheens and Benji bring to the playing group and I see the players they have signed. They will have a breakout year in 2023. They have started from a much lower base than us at the end of last season but their fans have something to really get enthused about. Us on the another hand have done pretty well nothing...signed some Tiger discards, have released a lot of players without replacement, signed 2 assistant coaches who no one has pretty well heard of before and still have no centre of excellence and likely to not have one for years and years to come....what a depressing situation. And yet I still hear the same old platitudes from the club that no one is happy about where we finished last year but they still fail to take any action to remedy this...in fact most supporters believe we will go backwards in 2023...for goodness sake Dragons do something to try and help yoursleves and give your supporters some glimmer of hope..

Dragon David

First Grade
What annoys me is that I see what the West Tigers have done in the off season....I've seen their centre of excellence first hand and the facility at Concord Oval, I've seen their new training regime and the level of confidence Sheens and Benji bring to the playing group and I see the players they have signed. They will have a breakout year in 2023. They have started from a much lower base than us at the end of last season but their fans have something to really get enthused about. Us on the another hand have done pretty well nothing...signed some Tiger discards, have released a lot of players without replacement, signed 2 assistant coaches who no one has pretty well heard of before and still have no centre of excellence and likely to not have one for years and years to come....what a depressing situation. And yet I still hear the same old platitudes from the club that no one is happy about where we finished last year but they still fail to take any action to remedy this...in fact most supporters believe we will go backwards in 2023...for goodness sake Dragons do something to try and help yoursleves and give your supporters some glimmer of hope..
The matters you have raised in your post twinkletoes are a constant reminder to us all about how bad the club has been and is being run. However, this particular end of year thoughts and write ups on this Forum probably takes the cake for being just a shit lack of positiveness coming out of the club.

Does the St George Illawarra Dragons even exist anymore?

Yow

Juniors
The matters you have raised in your post twinkletoes are a constant reminder to us all about how bad the club has been and is being run. However, this particular end of year thoughts and write ups on this Forum probably takes the cake for being just a shit lack of positiveness coming out of the club.

Does the St George Illawarra Dragons even exist anymore?
In my eyes they do and always will.