What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New RLIF CEO - Top 3 'To Do's pre RLWC 2017

Ryan Chidgey

Juniors
Well it would always depend on te player if he chose to play origin then he couldn't be on a contract with sc exemption. But if internationals increased players would have match payments from that.
The players contract would potentially increase as well a club could offer more to these players knowing the there is a cap exclusion. vidot was just an example his personal preference unknown to me. Atm if brisbane decided to keep him in cotton wool he would become unavailable to samoa in May meaning he would miss out on international match payments. But on a sc exemption contract the club would encourage him to play

deluded pom?

Coach
Well it would always depend on te player if he chose to play origin then he couldn't be on a contract with sc exemption. But if internationals increased players would have match payments from that.
The players contract would potentially increase as well a club could offer more to these players knowing the there is a cap exclusion. vidot was just an example his personal preference unknown to me. Atm if brisbane decided to keep him in cotton wool he would become unavailable to samoa in May meaning he would miss out on international match payments. But on a sc exemption contract the club would encourage him to play

Obviously we are only using Vidot as an example but I'd imagine he'd earn more playing a round of the NRL for the Broncos than he would playing for Samoa.

Latest posts