What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new signing!!

goosie

Juniors
Can anybody confirm the new signing of centre junior vavai???
was on tweeter a panther player said he all signed up.

The Teach

Juniors
Confirmed by Panther Daz in the "Planning for 2012" thread, and his mail is always spot on so I think we can confirm it now, despite no official announcement from the club yet.

abpanther

Staff member
What do you guys think of that signing?

From what I've heard he has potential but his defense is terrible and carries some off the field baggage.

What does he bring?

murraymob

Coach
the question could well be who at the club is going to announce the sugnings since leary is now gone

onthetryline

Juniors
He is a big boy and made a killing in the NYC, which doesnt really translate.
He got a start at Souths last year when Champion was out with injury. They didnt start him again and gave Farrell the lead role. Even with Farrell and Inglis out he never got the start this year.
All i know for sure is he can finish. Just have to get the ball to him :S

abpanther

Staff member
According to Andrew Farrell, he is a Windsor signing only.

Can someone please clarify what this means?

Does that mean if he plays well he can't come into the Penrith side without another contract?

Does this mean Gould had nothing to do with the signing?

Last edited by a moderator:

franklin2323

Immortal
AB. I doubt Windsor would sign someone without Penrith's consent. That said it's probably is a Windsor only contract HOWEVER we have until June 30 for a cutoff for new players. As long as we dual register him before then he can play NRL.

Elford pulled up with knee soreness & missed last weeks game. So we had Gordon, Elford, Jennings, Tahu, Earl out. That's a handy backline there so we need re-enforcements badly. We should play him next week

Kilkenny

Coach
I assume he is signed under the Tier 2 cap ie Windsor Wolves but if by some chance he was selected for a first grade game then a certain sum of money would be attributed to the NRL cap. I wouldn't think this would be a major issue as I assume there would be a few thousand available under our tier one cap.

Fibroman

First Grade
I assume he is signed under the Tier 2 cap ie Windsor Wolves but if by some chance he was selected for a first grade game then a certain sum of money would be attributed to the NRL cap. I wouldn't think this would be a major issue as I assume there would be a few thousand available under our tier one cap.

I assume there should be a few hundred thousand available under our tier 1 cap if Leary and Minibus didn't pay way overs for ex Canberra fringe players and other has beens and nobodys.

franklin2323

Immortal
Each club has 200k for 2nd tier players outside the cap. We have used only Weston & Fatiaki so we should have a bit to play with.

I remember Tahu used the last of out 1st tier money. So yep it's gone on overs for existing players

franklin2323

Immortal
He is a Gould signing. Played pretty good for being out of footy for so long. Scored a try & a few good runs bit better conditions & maybe a few more tries

Fibroman

First Grade
Gould has always loved big, fast blokes. I tend to agree. You can't coach natural size, strength and speed. The rest you can coach.