What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings- Take 2

wibble

Bench
I'm surprised it has taken this long for any of our squad to be linked to other teams.

We have a great squad with heaps of depth, and many of our 4th and 5th choice players in different positions would be walk up starts, or make regular squads rather than a few times a year, in other teams (Beale, Capewell, Bukuya, Heighington, Brown, Paolo, Taga).

Comparing these players to many of the players at the Tigers, Knights, and Warriors for example, and you can easily see our depth being tested with good offers from other teams.

And you couldn't blame someone like Capewell seeking an opportunity for a regular 1st grade berth.

I'm not convinced they would all do as well elsewhere, Flanagan has a knack for bringing the best out of players. Bukuya looked much better with us before and after his stint at the Warriors, likewise Townsend, and even good players like Ennis, Lewis and Maloney seem to be at their peak for long periods with us.

Hopefully this trend continues, so if teams buy our players after we improve them, we just improve someone else, just like the Storm do.

We have most of the holden cup squad as of next year ineligible for that grade, so i would expect a few of them to push out some NSW cup players

carcharias

Immortal
Just caught the end of the up coming sport report for ch9

Brace yourselves

They said something about Flano throwing that nutjob Reynolds a lifeline

Last edited:

Chimp

Bench
ha hes unreal. Where do we play him though? Pressure on Bird contract talks?

This must be a smother by Flanno - we've got better at 6,7,9 and 14 already.... other than lots of energy (and mistakes), he offers nothing. I reckon this is a deflection tactic from Flanno, maybe trying to knock a few $'s from Chad and Bird talks. It's almost the reverse 'I've always been interested in playing Union' that the players use.

carcharias

Immortal
Just saw the advert agai

" why Shane flanagan is prepared to give Reynolds a lifeline"

Just sicked into my own mouth a bit.

Rocks or diamonds

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Haha...surely not. Dead-set nut-job! Just thinking though...is it possible that Reynolds and Birdy are brothers from a different mother? Always seen similarities looks wise.

Latest posts