What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings- Take 2

ghoti

Bench
Yeah is Corey Allen still on?

I think he stated that he wants to stay at Souths if possible.

FTR, and I know people are gonna shit on me for this... but i don't think Allan is a big enough improvement over Kennedy. He was capable but very quiet for Souths mid-year, played real well when they were going on a surge with Walker turning everything to gold but for a fullback I don't think he's got the creativity. Was very average for Qld in game 3 too. Kennedy if playing in that Souths side would have, imo, at least equalled Allan's performances. Can see Allan as a centre in the future tbh... he reminds me of a young Duges.

Tiger Shark

Bench
I think he stated that he wants to stay at Souths if possible.

FTR, and I know people are gonna shit on me for this... but i don't think Allan is a big enough improvement over Kennedy. He was capable but very quiet for Souths mid-year, played real well when they were going on a surge with Walker turning everything to gold but for a fullback I don't think he's got the creativity. Was very average for Qld in game 3 too. Kennedy if playing in that Souths side would have, imo, at least equalled Allan's performances. Can see Allan as a centre in the future tbh... he reminds me of a young Duges.

You're right

People are going to put shit on you for that.

Big improvement on Kennedy. Was a gun junior, so has the right pedigree he's still a year younger than Kennedy is now.

And not sure he's played a game at centre in the last 5 years, is this another Feki to centre call ?

Weaponhead

Coach
Allan is still young. He is not especially quick but has decent size and has a knack of making things happen

He made errors in the finals and origin but made some very good plays. He is streets ahead of Kennedy with benefit that big game experience will provide.

As Tiger said, fullback is a glaring weakness. The squad has two highly paid ex fullbacks and a rookie who doesn't have the tools to make it.

shaggs

Coach
I’m also in the basket of, “is Allan that much better than Kennedy?”

Kennedy isn’t going to be a top tier fullback ever
Allan may have more upside, but for all those calling him out like he is the saviour, are mistaken

In the other thread, the post about the 4th best spine player. This is Allan at south’s. At the sharks, he might slide into third, but looks likely to be fourth here as well.

Tiger Shark

Bench
I’m also in the basket of, “is Allan that much better than Kennedy?”

Kennedy isn’t going to be a top tier fullback ever
Allan may have more upside, but for all those calling him out like he is the saviour, are mistaken

In the other thread, the post about the 4th best spine player. This is Allan at south’s. At the sharks, he might slide into third, but looks likely to be fourth here as well.

Well when you're behind Cook, Reynolds and Walker there's no shame in being the 4th best spine player.

Special K

Coach
So now we have a situation of trying to throw a few hundred k at 3 players. We got 1. We resigned trindall cheap but there’s left over cash now now widdop has piped up.

I’d do it.

Ads

First Grade
Allen looks like a bad regen of dugan at fullback. Better than Kennedy and I would take him for that I guess but he’s not what we really need.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
I wouldn’t be too disappointed with Widdop at fullback on the cheap, I’m more inclined however to wait for the silly season and see which players get sacked and hopefully we can scoop them like a Black Friday sale!
I’m not sure why things have gone cold with Ky Rodwell from Souths but the guy is a gun and seriously not asking for much coin. If anyone at the club is reading this maybe just wrap him up today before the eels or tigers snatch him

Tiger Shark

Bench
This pick up already has Mooney stamped all over it. High value pick up at bargain prices. Player that will improve the squad and overall make it more attractive to other recruits.

Widdop on a 2 year deal will also help the transition from 2021 to 2022 when we probably lose a fair bit of experience potentially in Dugan, Moylan, maybe Woods?

cb4

First Grade
This pick up already has Mooney stamped all over it. High value pick up at bargain prices. Player that will improve the squad and overall make it more attractive to other recruits.

Widdop on a 2 year deal will also help the transition from 2021 to 2022 when we probably lose a fair bit of experience potentially in Dugan, Moylan, maybe Woods?
This is my thinking, and he is a better fit than Benji for us.
I think it is a very smart signing if we can pull it off.

Tiger Shark

Bench
This is my thinking, and he is a better fit than Benji for us.
I think it is a very smart signing if we can pull it off.

He covers more positions for us, and positions we're short in - namely 5/8th and Fullback. And there's s spot for him when SJ returns - Fullback.

I still like the idea of Allan but not saying no to Widdop.

And don't we have some kid who we signed for 5 years they rate highly, might be ready when Widdops contract is up.

jc155776

Coach
Hahaha Moylan f**ks us so bad. His injury management (or lack thereof) is thje reason we had to keep Kennedy around while we wait out the Moylan contract.

Weaponhead

Coach
Widdop is valuable if he can play fullback. If he is 5/8 exclusively, then less valuable. $300k is an excellent buy.

Just hope he is physicaly up to the rigours of NRL.

Latest posts