What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings- Take 2

Weaponhead

Coach
Good depth signing. Can't complain... It's not as if he's replacing an international...

DFifi is a Tongan international.

Starling would continue a long Shark tradition of journeyman bench prop who have done a job for us. He would follow in the footsteps of luminaries such as Craig Stapleton and Bryan Norrie.

McLovin

Staff member
Fair enough. Didn't know DFif played for Tonga. What I was trying to say was it'd be a lateral move...

Starling goes good. I dont understand the hate. I'm actually surprised he is coming, especially if it is this year. Hes got a starting spot at manly. he wont get that with us, because our props are the best.

southland

Juniors
I wanted to see more of D Fifita this year. He seemed pretty decent in the first couple of games he played.

Best news of the day is that Gillette has resigned with the Broncos. What a get out of Jail card that is. Gillette has never had to play with adversity. His teams are Broncos , QLD, Broncos U20's & Elite Brisbane junior club. he would have no idea what adversity is like, like Chad Townsend, Paul Gallen. Wade Graham.
Imagine Wade looking over his shoulder looking at Gillettes pay packet. FMD.
meanwhile , we missed Elijah Taylor. Offered JFH of Panthers nothing. We are not offering Frizelle anything. Frizelle V gillette? no contest. Gillette is as fast Prior. We saw Frizz.
Thank goodness for the football gods.

Card Shark

Immortal
The football gods have done SFA for us in 49 years & this is news is hardly continuing that.

We withdrew the offer for Gillette over a month ago...more good management than devine intervention.

However, overall the football gods have been extremely kind to us this year....I even think Gal's SOO failure & subsequent criticism is a blessing in disguise.

He is gunna smash the bejesus out of those warriors tomorrow! I reckon he doesn't play if he wasn't under the pump.

The offer was not withdrawn, despite what you hear. From the Broncos side , they were extremely concerned about him going to us. The Tians were next $200k less. Broncos less again.

Despite the ridiculousness of the argument, the fact is we offered well over $700k for the gumby.
Our targets should be
JFH
Nathan Brown
Frizelle
L.Lewis
E. Taylor
Peachy
Rochow.

Card Shark

Immortal
That's just it....being a forward, they are prone to go down.

Hard to justify the value....gotta hope & get lucky I suppose.

Dragonbaal

Juniors
Despite the ridiculousness of the argument, the fact is we offered well over $700k for the gumby.
Our targets should be
JFH
Nathan Brown
Frizelle
L.Lewis
E. Taylor
Peachy
Rochow.

You let Frizell go, and we got him, so suck it up, and learn how to spell his name!!
50 years (or is it 49) and won FA-shonkies, shonkies