What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New sounds

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
U2 Beautiful Day, Blur Woo Hoo, Elvis v JXL A Little Less Conversation, Nirvana Smells Like Teens Spirit, Dj Otzi Hey Baby and the last one is between Thats My team and Limp Bizkit's Rollin

Damn! Good choices!

salivor

First Grade
I've downloaded it and the one thing I find is that the music sounds a bit crackly against the noise of the crowd, it doesn't merge quite as well the original music does with the other sounds.
I think this is the first sound mod so its not a bad start.

Paullyboy

Coach
Mine merges unbelievabley well, i was extremely surprised at how well it went actually,

Top job mate!

salivor

First Grade
By crackly I'll give an example. It sounds a bit like music does when your playing it through PC speakers that are up too loud and you get that disturbance or how music sounds on the radio if you have a poor reception. It may be because the songs you've added are quieter than the original ones so the other sounds in the game are more overbearing.

BTW I'm not trying to put this mod down if it comes off that way, I'm just trying to give some constructive critisim.

[furrycat]

Coach
I like it. But i seem to agree with Salivor. It doesn't crackle for me, but the songs are a little too quiet compared to the crowd, and the crowd sounds seem to over-throw them. Nevertheless, It makes the game a lot better for some odd reason ;)

8/10!

Timmo

Juniors
This isn't a personal stab, but that patch really sucks. I was disappointed. I wouldn't recommend it.
You could fix it up better though. You have the right choice of songs and everything, but the sound quality is terrible (and yes, crackly). You need to make the songs fade out too. I couldn't help but laugh when a midi of the Elvis song started playing at half time.
I'm kind of expecting to get flamed for this, but it's my personal opinion and constructive criticism.
If you like, I will send you some better quality versions of these songs, cut down etc.
Just email me at leaguegazelle@hotmail.com

Mario

Juniors
salivor said:
By crackly I'll give an example. It sounds a bit like music does when your playing it through PC speakers that are up too loud and you get that disturbance or how music sounds on the radio if you have a poor reception.

The songs might be encoded at a different data rate and your PC may be having a harder time keeping up.

Might be worth checking to see whether there are updated drivers available for your sound card.

salivor

First Grade
Mario said:
salivor said:
By crackly I'll give an example. It sounds a bit like music does when your playing it through PC speakers that are up too loud and you get that disturbance or how music sounds on the radio if you have a poor reception.

The songs might be encoded at a different data rate and your PC may be having a harder time keeping up.

Might be worth checking to see whether there are updated drivers available for your sound card.

Thanks for the advice and I'll check into it and see if it makes a difference but I'm guessing it's a problem with the actual mod as [furrycat] and Timmo have experienced the same problem.

Paullyboy

Coach
Yeh i keep hearing all this, but it came through for me absolutely perfect. I would have given 10/10, and im pretty sure i remember it fading out too, so im not sure where you got that from Timmo

RedV

Juniors
St Helens use "One More Time" by Daft Punk, Wigan use "Superstar" by Love Inc., Bradford "Wooly Bully," and Warrington, Castleford and I think Huddersfield use "Piranhas" by Tom Hark

Timmo

Juniors
If you leave it to watch the replay etc. you get to hear the whole thing, but if you press the button, it fades out straight away.
The quality of the sound probably depends on how picky you are. My computer has no problems with the sound usually, this isn't a problem with the computer, it's just the quality of sound in the mod.

aussies1st

Staff member
thanks for the criticism, the qualtiy of the sounds were decreased to 22,050Hz,4Bit, Stereo so that could cause this problem. If i went to 44,050,4bit, Stereo the whole patch would be 44 MB so i don't know if u want to be downloading something that big and i don't really want to be uploading something that big.

As for the crowd being louder there isn't much i could do about it i had some of these songs at full blast. The songs as u say don't fade out either if use badly want that i can do it i just would of thought use don't go that far.

The menu songs are actually mobile ringtones lol i thought they would be good for the menus.

Timmo i have put up a tutorial so u can make your own patch with those songs u have.

dazza1976

Juniors
Personally i think its a great effort and let the belly achers go make there own if they dont like it.
Cheers

Paullyboy

Coach
I wouldnt worry bout the fade out mate, i dont think ive ever watched a full replay and i cant imagine any one would

[furrycat]

Coach
Yeah neither. I edited it a bit so it was a bit louder in sound for me. I only use an on-board sound card so that could have easily been the problem, but now its louder and I love it