What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Sponsor?

The Whippet

Juniors
I was just reading in the Sunday Telegraph that the Wests Tigers are trying to get Meriton Apartments to sponsor them again.

westie

Bench
lukem88 said:
I was just reading in the Sunday Telegraph that the Wests Tigers are trying to get Meriton Apartments to sponsor them again.

Just rumour mongering...

tigger

Juniors
westie said:
lukem88 said:

Just rumour mongering...

Harry will only sponsor Balmain as a stand alone NRL club not your JV.

MAFIA

Juniors
tigger said:
westie said:
lukem88 said:

Just rumour mongering...

Harry will only sponsor Balmain as a stand alone NRL club not your JV.

Now i hope he does sponsor the wests tigers just to piss you off more and blow your statement out of the water tugger!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mighty Tiger

Bench
If Harry did sponsor the Wests Tigers it would probably mean something would be going on around the areas of both Balmain and Wests in development wise

But if the Wests Tigers aproached him then I doubt he will sign along the dotted as he is very big and one sided supporter of Balmain.

I wouldn't mind it if he did sign as that for once would mean that the Wests Tigers would actually have a high profile sponsor for once and not one of those no name sponsors who's only profile was created from there own garage

BJ

Juniors
Mighty Tiger said:
If Harry did sponsor the Wests Tigers it would probably mean something would be going on around the areas of both Balmain and Wests in development wise
isn't there suppose to be a few blocks of flats and appartments built on the old BBC site right accross the road from campbelltown stadium?

i think we will get a high profile sponsor and for at least a 2 year deal.. i just hope we don't give them naming rights like we have all our other sponsors.. i hate it when ur sitting at the ground just before the team comes out and they call out "and here come joe blogg's wests tigers" sure you've got to keep the sponsor happy but i'm sure you could find some other way

Bald Tiger

Juniors
Mighty Tiger - you are so cynical. Just because the Government is moving the container terminals out of White Bay in Balmain and Glebe Island and there may be the opportunity to build apartments, you reckon Harry T. will want to sponsor us again? And I thought he did it out of the goodness of his heart and his over-inflated wallet.

The Whippet

Juniors
Mighty Tiger said:
lukem88 said:
So what happened to Raddison Maine then?

I thought you read the papers :roll:

I do though the information which I read was wrong. I read a while back that Raddison Maine pulled out because they couldn't compete with the money that was been put forward by other companies that wanted to sponsor the Wests Tigers.

westie

Bench
lukem88 said:
Mighty Tiger said:
lukem88 said:

I do though the information which I read was wrong. I read a while back that Raddison Maine pulled out because they couldn't compete with the money that was been put forward by other companies that wanted to sponsor the Wests Tigers.

I think that one might be right, just guessing though.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
westie said:
lukem88 said:
Mighty Tiger said:
lukem88 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Westie stop it please I need to breathe the laughter is just unbearable now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Westie do your really beleave that Raddison Maine arn't going to sponsor the Wests Tigers because "they couldn't compete with the money that was being put forward by other companies" ???

If this is your belief then why is it that the only talk of a major sponsor is of course Meriton (who the Wests Tigers approached) and of course a particular Energy company who has ties with another NRL club which of course those ties would be severed if in fact that particular energy company did sponsor another NRL club. So I can see how you are getting the perception of the Wests Tigers having such a hard decision to arrange for someone to sponsor them for 1 year :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well i guess that would explain why the companies are really going hard at it and at this rate and the Wests Tigers might end up with a sponsor who will not only cover the $3.25 million but on top of this cover travel, food, accomidation, new fitness equipment and a new scoreboard at cambeltown to just start things off with :roll:

Tigerpete

Juniors
Mighty Tiger said:
westie said:
lukem88 said:
Mighty Tiger said:
lukem88 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Westie stop it please I need to breathe the laughter is just unbearable now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Westie do your really beleave that Raddison Maine arn't going to sponsor the Wests Tigers because "they couldn't compete with the money that was being put forward by other companies" ???

I heard the same thing westie heard actually. RM firstly were told by WT's tha they would not be renewing the deal. RM apparently then said they wouldnt be able to compete with the likes of other companies that WT's were currently talking with.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Tigerpete said:
I heard the same thing westie heard actually. RM firstly were told by WT's tha they would not be renewing the deal. RM apparently then said they wouldnt be able to compete with the likes of other companies that WT's were currently talking with.

The Wests Tigers actually approached RM to increase there funding or else their position as being the lead sponsor would be in jeopardy.

See the thing is Wests Tigers feel that they need to make the club have an professional image in the market place (something at the moment they simply don't have) and to do this they need to get a sponsor who not only is willing to stay with the Tigers for longer than 1 season but is also going to make a serious bid to sponsor the club as well.

It makes sense but the problem is those clubs that they thought would be knocking down on their door didn't eventuate and now look at the position once again they have been left in :roll:

simon says

First Grade
Phil,are you saying that we dont have anyone in mind as our sponsor???

My mail is a little different,I hear soon someone is about to be announced.

tigger

Juniors
This is the same crap that you Wests supporters have been going on for years. Neither Don or RM paid anywhere near the figure that the board announced.... Why? Because they were performance contracts that relied on Wests making the finals series, which of course they haven't and probably never will.

When RM signed up, everyone was going on about them being a global company ( :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ) and that they were going to give Wests millions, then the truth comes out.

I cannot envisage ANY company with a good name in their respective business market to want to risk putting their name on a Wests jersey. The only sponsors that will eventually sign with a club like Wests is a no name company (New Loan and RM) who are willing to take the risk as they have no reputation to damage. Talking to companies is one thing as you can approach everyone in thw world if you want to, getting the order is the only way to measure your clubs sponsorship strength and i would be shocked if it is company that is highly though of or is a market leader in anything.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
simon says said:
Phil,are you saying that we dont have anyone in mind as our sponsor???

My mail is a little different,I hear soon someone is about to be announced.

I think I have cleary stated that the Wests Tigers do have someone in mind as a sponsor however it won't be for what some people think it will be worth and the companies that they have been talking to did not come knocking on the Wests Tigers door it was the other way around

simon says

First Grade
Well as long as we get one I dont care who knocked on who's door.The amount(I hear)is much bigger than last years........so its not all bad mate. :D

Latest posts