What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Stadium - Your Thoughts

Bman26

Juniors
Was at both games. Front row at the MCG end for the test, was one of the ones who got soaked and then given a poncho after like 30 minutes of the first half. It was AMAZAING to sit that close.

Was under cover for the sunday game and even with 9k less people the sound was still AWESOME. Way better than Olympic Park where I went last year when I traveled down. Also the Purple March from Fed Square was awesome.

shiznit

Coach
thornton1987 said:
No way. I hate the fact they used etihad with the roof closed. One of the good thing about the sport is you have to contend with the elements aswell. Dont need it to end up like the NFL with every second team playing under a dome.

i agree 100%!!

wet weather football is an integral part of the game.

Last edited:

JasonE

Bench
I went to both games and although their were teething problems, i think it is a great stadium for watching footy.

Bluestar

Juniors
Had my first look at it over the weekend,and for mine it is a beauty,easily the best ground I have been to in regards to viewing the game,so close to the action and for me and my mates the ground or stadium is an absolute first class winner and we will be proud to have this as our home ,looks are 2nd to none I have seen,can hear everything the players and ref says and just a superb atmosphere ,definatly a ten outta ten for the 12 of us that went,as was the teams performance ,they are just so brilliantly coached and play for the club,whereas most players at other clubs play for emselves first,club second and that is what set storm apart from the other swill that make up the league,,,,ps. Sack bellyache fromNSW job as we know how good he is and they are dragging down his reputation ,let him concentrate on winning the next few storm premierships

Had my first look at it over the weekend,and for mine it is a beauty,easily the best ground I have been to in regards to viewing the game,so close to the action and for me and my mates the ground or stadium is an absolute first class winner and we will be proud to have this as our home ,looks are 2nd to none I have seen,can hear everything the players and ref says and just a superb atmosphere ,definatly a ten outta ten for the 12 of us that went,as was the teams performance ,they are just so brilliantly coached and play for the club,whereas most players at other clubs play for emselves first,club second and that is what set storm apart from the other swill that make up the league,,,,ps. Sack bellyache fromNSW job as we know how good he is and they are dragging down his reputation ,let him concentrate on winning the next few storm premierships

Welcome on board Bluestar...good comments bro.

MsStorm

Bench
I've forgotten what it looks like from inside.:D

Come the Penrith game, we won't have played there for 5 weeks.

rabs

Staff member
just saw the making of AAMI on Foxtel... good viewing
it's repeated tomorrow at 10.30am

Build it Bigger
608 Discovery Channel
Starts: Sun 15 Aug, 10:30 am. Duration 60 mins.

Danny Forster is in Melbourne, Australia where they are building one of the most innovative stadiums ever. It will be the ultimate fan experience, and an icon for the city.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
It's not very post-match friendly. We never get to see the players after the game outside of the ground compared to OP. Unless of course you can afford the bigger cooler memberships I guess. but sometimes we want to see the opposition players too

jaynie

Juniors
First time I went to AAMI was for Stom v Raiders. With the crazy weather here in Melbourne I couldn't understand why the merchandise stand didn't sell plastic ponchos. The guy I spoke to said that there was no where in the stadium you could buy one. Crazy! Stadiums would make a killing selling those.

One of the fans should start up a little black market for ponchos at the games...

MsStorm

Bench
First time I went to AAMI was for Stom v Raiders. With the crazy weather here in Melbourne I couldn't understand why the merchandise stand didn't sell plastic ponchos. The guy I spoke to said that there was no where in the stadium you could buy one. Crazy! Stadiums would make a killing selling those.

One of the fans should start up a little black market for ponchos at the games...

Crazy weather in Melbourne this year. Tell me about it:lol:
Four seasons in the one day seems the norm for game day this year compared to the Olympic Park era.

At least the roof's not leaking, which is a blessing.

boxhead

First Grade
Hi, went to AAMI last night as a guest of the Sharks. The ground is fantastic but has some major flaws which baffle me. Last nights crowd was very small yet there was a majorish delay getting into the mens toilets at half time. I would imagine this is hard to fix. The sound system was possibly the worst I have ever heard in a major venue. It may be just due to the position I was sitting in but the ground announcer sounded like he was talking through a very cheap AM radio. Whoever designed the lighting system however should get a huge thumbs up; absolutely brilliant ! Many thanks to the Storm supporters we met at The Precinct Hotel before the game. You guys an girls really made the whole day fun.

alan89

Juniors
I think it is a wonderful stadium. The Melbourne Storm will get big numbers next season when they finally resume playing for points...