What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New team due to injury...

Earl

Coach
Why?

We played shit. Criticism accepted.

Good luck against us with you 8 man foward pack. When was the last time a team won with no halves?

twistedbydesign

Juniors
I don't envy Matty's task of picking the team this week thats for sure! I think I would go with something like (bare in mind I missed the game on the weekend)...

1- C Shifcofske
2- P Graham
3- C Frawley (though still needs to impress)
4- A Mogg
5- M Chalk (could be a little tough on Howell)
6- T Campese
7- L Withers
8- T Thompson
9- A Tongue
10- B Cross
11- M Adamson
12- K Kahler
13- J Croker

14- M Weyman
15- J Williams
16- M Hodgson
17- T Carney

Valiant_Raider

Juniors
With the Combination that carney/campese have built up over the year i would run them in the halves with withers to Hooker. Heres the team i'd run with.

1. Schif
2. Graham
3. Frawley (skating on very thin ice)
4. Mogg
5. Howell
6. Campese
7. Carney
8. Cross (need a bit of grunt up front and hey craps on a certain T. Smith)
9. Withers
10. Thompson (also skating on very thin ice, needs to lift)
11. Adamson
12. Miller
13. Croker

14. Weyman/Williams
15. Kahler
16. Tongue
17. Chalk

raidereski

Juniors
I don't think Thompson is skating on thin ice, I thought he did well against the Roosters last week. Although he did miss that tackle which resulted in a try.

(Ethal, you're a Storm fan who can't get shitty Dashboard lyrics right posting in a Raiders forum. You're doing well to contribute to the smart-Storm-supporter image right thar.)

brenno

Juniors
Yer i thought Thommo wasn't that bad on sunday and he was by no means the worst thats 4 sure. Hopefully Weyman will be fit against the drizzle. He needs some match fitness so he can eventually start for the green machine.

mike83au

Juniors
I really hope that Williams isn't too far away from a FG spot. If we could get a bench with him, Cross & Weyman, then our bench has an immediate impact & a whole lot of mongrel that was sadly lacking the the 2nd half against Manly.

Raider Crusader

Juniors
I really hope that Williams isn't too far away from a FG spot. If we could get a bench with him, Cross & Weyman, then our bench has an immediate impact & a whole lot of mongrel that was sadly lacking the the 2nd half against Manly.
We would have a huge bench! I can't wait to see the day when the team sheet says...

14- Michael Hodgson
15- Michael Weyman
16- Jason Williams
17- Ben Cross

And losses...
Ian Hindmarsh (English SuperLeague), Tyran Smith (Retired) :D

legend

Coach
He'd go back to Parra in a flash but he'd want to lower his asking price if he wants to find a good home.

hrundi99

First Grade
It wouldn't surprise me if he retired so he could start working on his farm on a fulltime basis.

jed

First Grade
Depends on whether you heard what I heard. ;-)

Sunday's DT had an article that said he's been made a sizable offer elsewhere, but having spoken to him on Sunday, he's still weighing up the decision.

Raider Crusader

Juniors
What do u reckon the Raiders bench will look like this week?

the current bench is...

14- Marshall Chalk :clap:
15- Josh Miller :clap:
16- Alan Tongue :clap:
17- Michael Hodgson :clap:
18- Ian Hindmarsh #-o
19- Tyran Smith #-o

I know what the bench should look like, but whether Matt Elliott agrees, and dumps Tyro and Hindy remains to be seen...

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I don't know but I hope Miller doesn't go, his probably the pick of the forwards when it comes to attack at the moment. The perfect impact player to come off the bench and make dents in a tired defence.