What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Year's Eve Celebrations

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
Wouldn't it make more sense for the millions of dollars they spend on NYE fireworks and pyrotechnics to be spent elsewhere? All the money they pour into it could be better spent on health services and charities in our own backyard.

Is it really worth it for these people to have a good night watching the "show" when the money is desperately needed elsewhere? I'm not bitter about not being able to get to Sydney Harbour to see it all, just bemused that they waste SO much money :|

posh

Juniors
another blistering thread, i hope more like these can be posted throughout the new season

hrundi99

First Grade
TiTTieS said:
Wouldn't it make more sense for the millions of dollars they spend on NYE fireworks and pyrotechnics to be spent elsewhere? All the money they pour into it could be better spent on health services and charities in our own backyard.

Is it really worth it for these people to have a good night watching the "show" when the money is desperately needed elsewhere? I'm not bitter about not being able to get to Sydney Harbour to see it all, just bemused that they waste SO much money :|

The fireworks make millions of people across the country happy for a few minutes of their lives.

It's worth it.

Bay56

First Grade
the mount of money spent on fireworks would barely be a blip on the health or education budgets ... really guys it is far better spent giving us a spectacle to look forward to

dubby

Bench
New Years celebrations are just a hype. I can't get excited about NY, its just a cause for stacks of boofheads to drink themselves into oblivion, act like total fools, be irresponsible and make life misery for those who live around them.
In fact, i know of more and more people who are going to bed early because they are so over the whole thing.
Its just another day to me, we should celebrate every day, not just one.

thickos

First Grade
I'm always largely underwhelmed by the fireworks anyway.... there's no difference from year to year IMO.

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
dubby said:
Its just another day to me, we should celebrate every day, not just one.
You are a champion, dubby. I feel the same way about birthdays. We should be just as "special" today as we are tomorrow and as we are on our birthday.

Bay56

First Grade
thickos said:
I'm always largely underwhelmed by the fireworks anyway.... there's no difference from year to year IMO.

true thickos but remember there are always little kiddies or country people that have never seen the colourful missiles before :)

thickos

First Grade
Bay56 said:
true thickos but remember there are always little kiddies or country people that have never seen the colourful missiles before :)

That's true... maybe I should stop being so bitter and cynical....

Nah. :)

thickos

First Grade
hrundi99 said:
I bet you don't believe in Santa either, right? :p

Well SOMEONE leaves me all those presents...

... I just hope it isn't that weirdo who's always following me :shock: 8-[