What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Perth Red

Post Whore
Getting Sydney teams to play in New Zealand is a cheap way of providing New Zealanders with NRL games until the country has the resources to field a second team. If the games are used to promote the local competitions then it can have a positive impact on participation.
No one takes games anywhere unless they are paid $300k plus to do so. Whose paying for all these games to be taken to NZ?

Wb1234

Referee
The biggest loss for nz was Phil gould leaving the warriors to go back to his second home of the bulldogs

when he was there he convinced the arlc to increase funding to the nzrl

being there more he would’ve become a huge advocate of the game and nz2 would be a greater chance for team 18 than it is now

Wb1234

Referee
Partial funded by the NRL?
There was an offer for every game to be funded by an investor in nz but clubs don’t want to give up their home games

for keeping the comp going yes the nrl should’ve funded it fully or heck just told the clubs it’s the right thing to do

until we have a strong commission the players, the clubs and the state bodies will run the game for their own benefit

The best way that they could have said thanks, would have been magic round at Eden Park 🙌
Magic Round was created by Greenberg to appease the Queensland Government. His administration gave them the run around to extract more money from the NSW Government for the NRL grand final. Taking it away from Brisbane would get the Queensland Government offside. That's the last thing the ARLC can afford after alienating the NSW Government.

Gobsmacked

Bench
Magic Round was created by Greenberg to appease the Queensland Government. His administration gave them the run around to extract more money from the NSW Government for the NRL grand final. Taking it away from Brisbane would get the Queensland Government offside. That's the last thing the ARLC can afford after alienating the NSW Government.
But what about the pokies, surely they have something to do with it too right?

Wb1234

Referee
Have a look at this situation..
2 clubs into administration and another 2 looking shakey
300 million pounds in debt..
During our last World Cup I saw many union fans on Twitter all posting about how good the games were

this is why I believe another nrl team in nz is better then Perth because union fans appreciate our sport

Gobsmacked

Bench
During our last World Cup I saw many union fans on Twitter all posting about how good the games were

this is why I believe another nrl team in nz is better then Perth because union fans appreciate our sport
100% the game isn't only better but the competition has never been better at a time when Unions is being vastly diminished.
The gap on a game/ season experience has never been wider.
A team in NZ significantly increases the game/ season experience for Kiwis and vastly widens the gap... thus DEALING A MASSIVE BLOW TO SUPER RUGBY 😎🤣

Te Kaha

First Grade
100% the game isn't only better but the competition has never been better at a time when Unions is being vastly diminished.
The gap on a game/ season experience has never been wider.
A team in NZ significantly increases the game/ season experience for Kiwis and vastly widens the gap... thus DEALING A MASSIVE BLOW TO SUPER RUGBY 😎🤣

So now its a "BLOW TO SUPER RUGBY" rather than a "massive blow to NZ Rugby". Are you finally waking to the fact you don't have a clue what you are talking about? You're assumptions have always been full of shit, good to see you are walking back your predictions.

Gobsmacked

Bench
So now its a "BLOW TO SUPER RUGBY" rather than a "massive blow to NZ Rugby". Are you finally waking to the fact you don't have a clue what you are talking about? You're assumptions have always been full of shit, good to see you are walking back your predictions.
🤣 now Super Rugby isn't Rugby in NZ 🤣🤣
I'm just going to take a wild guess that if the top professional comp in NZ takes a blow... that’s a blow to the game..
Your argument is down to semantics.
At least it's a step up from grammar 🤣🤣🤣
I missed you!

Gobsmacked

Bench
I’m all for giving people choice. Some will take it some won’t. At the moment we’ve got cities in australia and nz where sports fans don’t have a choice to actively follow a local nrl club. Hopefully that changes over the next decade or two.
It doesn't have to be local to follow these days but it certainly helps.

Te Kaha

First Grade
🤣 now Super Rugby isn't Rugby in NZ 🤣🤣
I'm just going to take a wild guess that if the top professional comp in NZ takes a blow... that’s a blow to the game..
Your argument is down to semantics.
At least it's a step up from grammar 🤣🤣🤣
I missed you!

Once again you show your ignorance of NZ sport. Super Rugby is NOT the tp professional comp in NZ, that would be the Rugby Championship. But you aren't bright enough to get that. It's the All Blacks that pay the bills, not Super Rugby. But you're far too limited to understand that.