What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Wb1234

Referee
I thought Money Bill Williams was Canadian, im sure he played for Toronto..... hehehe
Sonny bulls dream was to play origin

when they wouldn’t allow him playing for the all blacks was plan b

worked out well for him too he did very well in union despite never having playing it seriously

Perth Red

Post Whore
Where would a Wellington team play? Is there a decent stadium to use?
I cant see Christchurch being big enough to host an NRL club despite the lovely stadium they are building, and the idea of a nomadic team moving around two islands seems fanciful at best.

Te Kaha

First Grade

worked out well for him too he did very well in union despite never having playing it seriously

He did do well. He won 2 world cup medals as a bench player.

Te Kaha

First Grade
Where would a Wellington team play? Is there a decent stadium to use?
I cant see Christchurch being big enough to host an NRL club despite the lovely stadium they are building, and the idea of a nomadic team moving around two islands seems fanciful at best.

Wellington has a stadium, but at best they will only be allowed the lights on 3-4 times a year during a Wellington winter.
Christchurch will have a stadium in 3-4 years.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Wellington has a stadium, but at best they will only be allowed the lights on 3-4 times a year during a Wellington winter.
Christchurch will have a stadium in 3-4 years.
Do they have a rectangular stadium or just the Sky stadium oval?

Matua

Bench
Just the oval. And that wont ever be changed unless the stadium is destroyed.
I genuinely don't get all the complaining about the Caketin, it actually has better corner views than the majority of grounds in NZ, and it's not so large a stadium that you're all that far away.

I don't remember complaints about it in the first decade of it's use, it seems to be a more recent phenomena to complain about it (maybe due to first the Suncorp refurb and the building of Parra). I've seen lots of rugby and the odd Warriors games there and don't ever remember having a bad viewing experience (unlike say Homebush which is terrible).

Wb1234

Referee
I genuinely don't get all the complaining about the Caketin, it actually has better corner views than the majority of grounds in NZ, and it's not so large a stadium that you're all that far away.

I don't remember complaints about it in the first decade of it's use, it seems to be a more recent phenomena to complain about it (maybe due to first the Suncorp refurb and the building of Parra). I've seen lots of rugby and the odd Warriors games there and don't ever remember having a bad viewing experience (unlike say Homebush which is terrible).
There’s loads of good rectangular grounds available for a second nz side

Wellington should get no more than 3 games

it looks terrible with less than 15k in it

Te Kaha

First Grade

It's the lack of atmosphere when its not full. And the ridiculous music they play at every break in play. The problem really started when people were no longer able to preload before going to a game. They didn't like it and complained about the stadium.

There’s loads of good rectangular grounds available for a second nz side

Wellington should get no more than 3 games

it looks terrible with less than 15k in it

At locations that can "support" an NRL team? no there arn't.

Matua

Bench
It's the lack of atmosphere when its not full. And the ridiculous music they play at every break in play. The problem really started when people were no longer able to preload before going to a game. They didn't like it and complained about the stadium.

At locations that can "support" an NRL team? no there arn't.
TBH, I'm only really talking about the viewing experience from your seat - not atmosphere etc.

And yep, I'd like to see what locations Wb1234 is proposing here.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Sadly the best stadiums for RL in NZ are in cities too small to sustain an NRL club. The only city that has any realistic chance of being sustainable doesnt have a suitable stadium (size, oval and given we want to give them all friday night games and its not able to be used for that very often).

Wb1234

Referee
TBH, I'm only really talking about the viewing experience from your seat - not atmosphere etc.

Waikato stadium
New christchurch stadium
Dunedin

it’s not rocket science is it

Te Kaha

First Grade
Waikato stadium
New christchurch stadium
Dunedin

it’s not rocket science is it

Clearly its not rocket science. You aren't smart enough for that.

Waikato can't support an NRL team numbnuts, It's so close to Auckland you may as well have a second Auckland team.
Christchurch doesn't even have that stadium yet. Its three to four years away.
Dunedin can't support an NRL team, It has very little in the way of League identity, and will have less juniors than just about anywhere else.

And two existing and one future is your version of "loads"? You are getting more ridiculous with every post.

Te Kaha

First Grade

Agree with viewing, There really isn't a bad seat in the house. You can see the entire field from anywhere. Its all about the lack of atmosphere.

Canard

Immortal
If there is juniors just falling off the trees now, isn't it incumbent on the NRL clubs (Inc the Warriors) to do something about it right now?

Pippen94

First Grade

He was excellent union player