What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand A side

Humphrey

Juniors
Found this on the NZRL website.... but does any one know who's made the squad?? Or when its going to be named?

"BARTERCARD CUP TALENT TO BE TESTED BY COUNTRY BOYS
A New Zealand 'A' (NZA) team selected from the Bartercard Cup will play New South Wales Country (NSWC) on Sunday 4 July 2004, 2.30pm at North Harbour Stadium, Albany.

NZA represents the best of New Zealand's domestic talent and will be up against a representative side selected from the best of the Australia's regional competitions. "

Skinner

Coach
C'mon Humphrey, they have only just removed the references
to NJC and Bartercard "coming soon". You expect them to make
an announcement AND name a team. You have some serious
learning to do on the mysteries of New Zealand Rugby League
my son.

Skinner :cry:

AliN

Live Update Team
New Zealand "A" to play NSW Country
Written by: NZRL Media
06/10/04

A New Zealand 'A' (NZA) team selected from the Bartercard Cup will play New South Wales Country (NSWC) early in July.

NZA represents the best of New Zealand's domestic talent and be up against a representative side selected from the best of the Australia's regional competitions.

NZRL have appointed Canterbury Bulls (current Bartercard Cup champions) Head Coach, Phil Prescott as coach of NZA.

Prescott will head a team of selectors that includes RLF High Performance Director Duane Mann and former NZA Coach Trevor McLeod.

An Auckland representative side Coached by ARL Coaching and Development Manager Stan Martin will play NSWC the week prior.

NZRL will allow players selected for NZA to be considered for Auckland also ensuring that both teams will be full strength.

NSWC will be touring with a NSWC Under 18 Team who will play curtain raisers against Auckland U18 and Wellington U18.

With Wellington the reigning NJC Kiwi Cup (U18) champions and Auckland the other Kiwi Cup finalist, the very best of New Zealand's age group talent will also be on display.

The NZA game is on Sunday 4 July 2004, 2.30pm at North Harbour Stadium, Albany.

---------------------------

any help to you Humphrey. Don't know when the team is named but will keep an eye out...

The Partisan

Humphrey said:
Found this on the NZRL website.... but does any one know who's made the squad?? Or when its going to be named?

A New Zealand 'A' (NZA) team selected from the Bartercard Cup will play New South Wales Country (NSWC) on Sunday 4 July 2004, 2.30pm at North Harbour Stadium, Albany.

NZA represents the best of New Zealand's domestic talent and will be up against a representative side selected from the best of the Australia's regional competitions. "

The best of Australia's regional competitions ----- what about Qld Country ?

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
The Partisan said:
Humphrey said:

The best of Australia's regional competitions ----- what about Qld Country ?

:lol: suck it qld

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
New Zealand 'A' side

1. Daniel Floyd (Hibiscus Coast Raiders)
2. Karl Johnson (North Harbour Tigers)
3. Paul Fisi'iahi (Otahuhu-Ellerslie)
4. Ricky Henry (Marist-Richmond Brothers)
5. Rowan Baxter (Mt Albert Lions)
6. Steve Buckingham (c) (Mt Albert Lions)
7. Aoterangi Herangi (Counties-Manukau Jetz)
8. Kurt Cawdron (Marist-Richmond Brothers)
9. Andrew Auimatagi (Canterbury Bulls) :eek:
10. Shannon Stowers (Hibiscus Coast Raiders)
11. Sam Wallace (Canterbury Bulls)
12. Henry Turua (Marist-Richmond Brothers)
13. Frank-Paul Nuuausala (Otahuhu-Ellerslie)
14. Bernie Perenara (Marist-Richmond Brothers)
15. Chris Newton (Canterbury Bulls)
16. Lee Tamatoa (Glenora Bears)
17. Ben Valeni (Glenora Bears)

Skinner

Coach
Rapt to see Sam Wallace and Frank Paul in the side. Very, very good young
blokes. I am scratching my head with some of the others though. No offence
to anyone who has been selected but, buga me, I reckon I could pick a team
out of Fox and Sharman that would beat this team fairly easily.

Who were the selectors ?

Skinner

Skinner

Coach
Unbelievable - Shannon Stowers has withdrawn due to Warriors
duty - Jason Duff is in. Now, absolutely no offence to Duffer (coz
he happens to be a top bloke) but, while at one time, a good few
years ago, he was one of the best props around, he is...well, old
and slow and has great difficulty breaking the line.

The mind absolutely boggles - does this really show the lack of
good, young, front rowers we have in this country...........

Skinner :roll:

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
i agree skinner....jason needs to get back behind the bar at northcote, he could pour a purlieu of a beer :lol:

AliN

Live Update Team
New revised lineup. Daniel Floyd fractured his jaw last weekend in the Bartercard..

NEW ZEALAND 'A' vs N.S.W COUNTRY 2.30pm Kick Off

NEW ZEALAND 'A'
Misi Taulapapa, Karl Johnson, Paul Fisi'iahi, Ricky Henry, Rowan Baxter, Steve Buckingham (C), Aoterangi Herangi, Kurt Cawdron, Andrew Auimatagi, Jason Duff, Sam Wallace, Henry Turua, Frank-Paul Nuuausala
Interchange: Bernie Perenara, Chris Newton, Lee Tamatoa, Ben Valeni
Coach: Phil Prescott

N.S.W COUNTRY
Gary Dowling, Adam Blake, Luke Taylor, Faud Suljkanovic, Geoff Johnson, Jacob Briggs, Warwick Colley, Kip Miranda, Darren Jackson, Mahe Hala, Peter Jensen, Ben Murphy, Phil Stonham
Interchange: Dean Amos, Damian Seears, Kurt Hancock, Todd Pavlou
Coach: Scott Meini

Curtain Raiser Match

WELLINGTON 18's vs N.S.W COUNTRY 18's 12.45pm Kick Off

WELLINGTON 18's
Issac Luke, Misi Samueli, Joshua Davis, Viliami Manu, Desta Buchanan, Marvin Karawana, Joseph Parekura, Tim Natusch, John Te Reo, Hanan Laban, Simon Mannering, Alan Schirnack, Tuwharetoa Whakatihi
Interchange: Hayden Magele, Wiremu Weepu, Manu Weepu, Lale Ausage, 18th Man - Michael Lealava'a
Coach: Gordon Pepere

N.S.W COUNTRY 18's
Dylan Skee, Chris Noble, Warren Williams, Will Merritt, Mitch McPherson, Chris Borgese, Tim Holman, Jack Rampling, Chad Nealon, Brodea Sanders, Jaob Hull, Kris Krause, Mitch Aubusson
Interchange: Dylan Crawley, Trent Jansen, Trent Grundy, Zachary Hill
Coach: David Scott

It may be interesting to note that De La Salle College pupil, Frank-Paul Nuuausala will play alongside one of his teachers, Ben Valeni For the New Zealand 'A' this coming Sunday.

AliN

Live Update Team
Yes I reckon they'll go well and absolutely thump their opponents..

carlnz

Bench
After watching Auckland side crush NSW U18 Country, i honestly think wellington will score 40 points +!!! It seamed they were scared to tackle the players that ran hard and straight...could be wrong but I deffently cant see Wellington losing

Skinner

Coach
Dirty Hoe said:
i agree skinner....jason needs to get back behind the bar at northcote, he could pour a purlieu of a beer :lol:

Not wrong there Hoe, not wrong :lol: :lol:

damo72

Juniors
How good is that Josh Davis as he is heading to the Eels next season? And secondly is there any chance of getting his stats from anywhere or anyone?
Thanks for your time

carlnz

Bench
He is pretty good, in fact he scored a try yesterday in the 28-14 win for Welington U18's over Parramatta U17's.

I think it might of been an 18's or 17's side for Wellington...will find out the rest of the results of their tour for you

damo72

Juniors
That would be great as we are all aware of, in the centres is one of the areas we are struggling in

Latest posts