What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand vs. Papua New Guinea

The 18th Man

Juniors
The PNG back three are dismal. Of the 114 points they've conceded I reckon those three would be directly responsible for at least half of them.

The young fullback I think is being dealt a harshd hand there. He is on a hiding to nothing behind this defensive line. He is going to come up short more often than not in this team. Cronulla see enough in him to have signed him.

The 18th Man

Juniors
Tongia is more of a winger than a fullback from what I've seen of him in the 20's.

Agree Pete, he scored 18 tries too.

East Coast Tiger said:
He's never seen a football from what I've seen of him in the 4N.

You learn something every day then pal. Did you see him vs Australia or just today? Tongia has potential.

The 18th Man

Juniors
Cronulla just release Tongia based on East Coast Tiger's opinion.

In a badly beaten team, no fullback is going to star nor come out of a game unscathed. With that said, Tongia has shown to have potential in both his young Toyota Cup career and against the two leading Nation's in the International arena.

slammingsam

Juniors
Just checked the stats. Looks like McKendry had a good debut.

He was absolutely enormous. He along with JWH and Issac Luke were the pick of the forwards for mine. McKendry took the first hitup of the game and it set the tone for the game..he smashed through them and had about 4 lying on the ground and allowed them to roll on from there.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
He was absolutely enormous. He along with JWH and Issac Luke were the pick of the forwards for mine. McKendry took the first hitup of the game and it set the tone for the game..he smashed through them and had about 4 lying on the ground and allowed them to roll on from there.

Hahaha what a champ! :D

I know from speaking to him personally how much that Kiwi jersey meant to him. He was always going to give it all no matter who the opponent was today in his debut.

Even if he misses out next week and the Final the week after i am sure he will be around Kiwi squads for a long time.