What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello everyone!

I thought a brief introduction may be in order since I am new here! I used to read the Official Board on the Eels website but after FINALLY accepting that it won’t be back, I need a new outlet.

I have been an Eels supporter since I was 8, or since 1998. I wasn’t born for our glorious 80’s era but was around for the match against Canterbury in 1998, the 2001 Grand Final and the 2006 (I think?) game against the Cowboys – so I think it is my turn now to get some of that old Parramatta glory which I have heard so much about!

My favourite players of the past include Timmy Smith (I was his biggest fan), Brett Finch, Chad Robinson, Shane Whereat, Dean Pay, Clinton Schifcofske and Timana Tahu. My favourite players now are definitely Matt Keating, Kris Keating, Todd Lowrie, Joel Reddy, Tim Mannah and Broderick Wright.

Hope to feel at home here ASAP and hope that my love of the players is not too much for anyone! :lol:

Gronk

Staff member
Welcome Alice!

Shane Whereat would be chuffed that he had a fan. :lol:

strider

Post Whore
Hello everyone!

I thought a brief introduction may be in order since I am new here! I used to read the Official Board on the Eels website but after FINALLY accepting that it won’t be back, I need a new outlet.

I have been an Eels supporter since I was 8, or since 1998. I wasn’t born for our glorious 80’s era but was around for the match against Canterbury in 1998, the 2001 Grand Final and the 2006 (I think?) game against the Cowboys – so I think it is my turn now to get some of that old Parramatta glory which I have heard so much about!

My favourite players of the past include Timmy Smith (I was his biggest fan), Brett Finch, Chad Robinson, Shane Whereat, Dean Pay, Clinton Schifcofske and Timana Tahu. My favourite players now are definitely Matt Keating, Kris Keating, Todd Lowrie, Joel Reddy, Tim Mannah and Broderick Wright.

Hope to feel at home here ASAP and hope that my love of the players is not too much for anyone! :lol:

welcome

Timmy Smith (I was his biggest fan)
... I'll have to correct you there - there's a poster on here called parra pete - he's clearly timmy's biggest fan - can't stop posting about him - pretty much obsessed I'd say

bartman

Immortal
Welcome Alice, hope you enjoy the fun and games on here!

And with the love of your fave players, don't take any negativity when we lose too much to heart. People are just using it to vent I reckon...

Stagger eel

Staff member
welcome Alice....Philips will probably ask that you post a picture of yourself and then ask you out on date but unless you live in Forbes you'll have nothing to worry about..:lol:

enjoy your stay

Todd Lowrie even moreso.

I tend to support the underdogs!

I remember seeing Todd at a Training Session last year and telling him that he was playing really well. He sort of looked around and a bit shocked that I was actually speaking to him!

He tries really hard every week and I do think he is a good player. (Even though I get heckled when I yell GO TODD! at the games).

TheRam

Coach
I tend to support the underdogs!

I remember seeing Todd at a Training Session last year and telling him that he was playing really well. He sort of looked around and a bit shocked that I was actually speaking to him!

He tries really hard every week and I do think he is a good player. (Even though I get heckled when I yell GO TODD! at the games).

You mean between the giggles and laughter?

Hi and welcome Alice Of Wonderland.

You mean between the giggles and laughter?

For precisely that reason! I don't think many people share my love of Todd Lowrie.

I would love to join the Tim Smith Fan Club as a general fan. I don't really want to see him back in blue and gold at the moment. I have new favourites to look after!

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases

:-k - with a list of fav's like that, i can't help but worry you are a 45 year old man who has joined up just to make fun of people who support the less popular players..

how ever i choose to ignore that feeling and welcome you to not only LU but to the TODD AND BROD SQUAD... Goooo Todd and Brod!! (lol!)

For reals, welcome onboard Alice, feel free to give myself or any of the other mods a buzz if you have any questions.

Try not to take notice of the negativity you will no doubt encounter here on occasion. You seem to enjoy your footy and love your team on and off the field, and its great to see!! :thumn

-Jess

Latest posts