What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newcastle Game

Doug2234

First Grade
Im driving to Canberra for the weekend but what about the week after?

Any bus going up the highway??

SFVD

First Grade
Where does the Army normally sit at Newy games? I'm coming down from Coffs for it, not sure where you all sit?

St. Linnane

First Grade
SFVD,

We stand on the southern hill; east of centre.

Just in front of the Newcastle grannies in their fold up chairs who yell at us to "sit down"

AJ_82

Juniors
Where does the Army normally sit at Newy games? I'm coming down from Coffs for it, not sure where you all sit?

Is this dude serious he is coming from Coffs? When where how and why kind sire? I may be a willing participant for this game if anyone from Coffs is willing to accept this dragons nut (just ask any of the Sydney lads) in a vehicle to and from Newy (happily will contribute to fuel and alcoholic supplies!)

STG-MACCA

Bench
alcoholic supplies!)

I can vouch for him, but might need a mini-bus if you're contributing to alcohol supplies.

Might be the perfect opportunity to bring back the football express (read: No bus). Anyone keen to participate? It will challenge the mind, the body and the liver :shock:

STG-MACCA

Bench
The Famous El Gringo train trip from Central to Meadowbank.

Kicks off with a few bevo's at the KB Hotel, a couple of cases (roadies), on to the pub near Marathon, then head over to the ground for kick off. It's a bit of a rush for the last train back to Sydney, but it's a big day for those who can take it?

If anyone remembers the E Group, it was first raised on that and we did it for a few years in a row, always was on a Friday as the game was Friday night for like forever.

Richard Gay was a participant, and the original Oust Doust......(Daniel).

SFVD

First Grade
Is this dude serious he is coming from Coffs? When where how and why kind sire? I may be a willing participant for this game if anyone from Coffs is willing to accept this dragons nut (just ask any of the Sydney lads) in a vehicle to and from Newy (happily will contribute to fuel and alcoholic supplies!)

Are you from Coffs? Small world. I'll be getting the train down on the morning of the game, meeting up with Dragons mates from Newy, then training it back the day after.

And thanks Linnane, I'm getting free GA tickets through a mate so thats perfect. I hate those Knight Nanas, or whatever they call themselves.

Just need to make sure the bus has a toilet on it, otherwise it can be a looooong trip back from Newcastle with a belt full of grog!

This is one of the things I miss about not being in Sydney any more. Applied for a few jobs down there though, so fingers crossed for next year.....

AJ_82

Juniors
you can always keep the empty bourbon can on the bus trip up for emergency usage on the way back!

Nitro

Juniors
I will be most definitely be driving up, I'm at the Central Coast so not too far of a drive... :)

cleary89

Coach
They are saying its going to be a sell out, so I'll buy ticket over the net. We just get GA?

St. Linnane

First Grade
Yes Cleary, just get GA over the net. Adult ticket is $23 plus booking fee plus credit card fee; for a total of about $28. Got mine this morning.

Latest posts