What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newcastle team to Battle Manly

thuganomics

Coach
  1. Milton Thaiday
  2. Trent Salkeld
  3. Matthew Gidley
  4. George Carmont
  5. Anthony Quinn
  6. Bradley Tighe
  7. Andrew Johns ©
  8. Craig Smith
  9. Danny Buderus
  10. Josh Perry
  11. Steve Simpson
  12. Clint Newton
  13. Reegan Tanner
INTERCHANGE

1. Adam Woolnough
  2. Todd Lowrie
  3. Daniel Tolar
  4. Dustin Cooper
  5. Matthew White
  6. Riley Brown
Source - Knights website

thuganomics

Coach
I assume if Clint does get his one week then Woolnough or Lowrie will go the back row and White will go to the bench. I assume Brown is on stand by for Dustin Cooper/Josh Perry

LOL @ Alex thats about it man!

Also interesting that Perry will play the Seaeagles I thought he was sh!t scared of them?

Also whens the game this w/end?

The ole 6pm aye, really hate that time considering I time my entire f**king day around the knights playing......

Plus thats tea time on on a sunday not time to get on the p!ss!

lotti

Bench
this is the Manly side they're facing, The Manly NRL side is: Brett Stewart,Paul Stephenson,Terry Hill,Ashley Alberts,Chris Hicks,Luke Williamson,Michael Monaghan (c),Jason King,Chad Randall,Brent Kite,Anthony Watmough,Steve Menzies,Ben kennedy.Replacements:Shayne Dunley,Nathan Tutt,Sam Harris,Kylie Leuluai,Mark Bryant(one to be omitted).
Not only are you facing former Knight Ben Kennedy but your facing Choc aka Anthony Watmough. I'm pretty sure the energyAustralia crowd will lift BK just as much as the Brookie one does.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I'm pretty sure BK will get a lot of attention from the EAS crowd, and I'm willing to say it wont be good attention. He's playing for the opposition, so therefore we hate him!!! Interesting to see Clint named in the side, obviously they think they hav a good chance of getting his charge down to a grading less than a one week suspension.

Jobdog said:
I'm pretty sure BK will get a lot of attention from the EAS crowd, and I'm willing to say it wont be good attention. He's playing for the opposition, so therefore we hate him!!! Interesting to see Clint named in the side, obviously they think they hav a good chance of getting his charge down to a grading less than a one week suspension.

You cant get less then a grade 1 can you? Or do you mean a different type of charge?

With his previous loading I think he'd get a week for jaywalking.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Knight82 said:
You cant get less then a grade 1 can you? Or do you mean a different type of charge?

With his previous loading I think he'd get a week for jaywalking.
Nah u can't get less than a grade one, I know what I was trying to say, just didn't come out properly :lol: What i shoulda said was they must be confident of getting him off the charge.......

Parki

Bench
its 125 for the early guilty plea, 150 if he loses.... so really he isnt losing anything, which is probably why they are contesting it... he still gets 1 week regardless

antonius

Coach
Good Eagles side, some big boppers in that forward pack, we really need to hold them there or we will struggle big time. Saying that our forwards have been matching it with the best of late, should be a good contest. we need to keep Stewart, Hicks,and Alberts under lock and key. I still think we can get them. We'll play with nothing to lose, they play trying to maintain a hold in the eight.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Wish I could see this one, but I'll be listening to my cousin and his fiance exchange vows during the radio coverage - and I'll (hopefully) be fairly plastered at the reception by 6pm.

Stranger

Coach
lotti said:
this is the Manly side they're facing, The Manly NRL side is:
Brett Stewart
Paul Stephenson
Terry Hill
Ashley Alberts
Chris Hicks
Luke Williamson
Michael Monaghan (c)
Jason King
Chad Randall
Brent Kite
Anthony Watmough
Steve Menzies
Ben kennedy
Replacements:Shayne Dunley,Nathan Tutt,Sam Harris,Kylie Leuluai,Mark Bryant(one to be omitted).

Not only are you facing former Knight Ben Kennedy but your facing Choc aka Anthony Watmough. I'm pretty sure the energyAustralia crowd will lift BK just as much as the Brookie one does.

Knight82 said:
Horrible format to read Lotti.

Better K82?
With our backline on fire and georgie boy on some sorta drug :p we have to have a good chance.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Here's some remarkable news for everyone. Listening to the radio (1233ABC Newcastle) they're saying that the Knights think the game could quite possibly be a sellout. That is absolutely remarkable news for a team still running last, but it just underlies our passion for our footy team. They said if ur going on Sunday, get there early, and get ur tickets before the day, cos there is a chance if u get there late on Sunday, u wont get in.

perverse

Referee
bluesbreaker said:
We won't win without Newton, that's my prediction.
yeah i think the ther forwards are going to have to lift considerably... look for woolnough to have a big game replacing newton in the run-on squad if we're to win the game.

~knights~

Juniors
Jobdog said:
Here's some remarkable news for everyone. Listening to the radio (1233ABC Newcastle) they're saying that the Knights think the game could quite possibly be a sellout. That is absolutely remarkable news for a team still running last, but it just underlies our passion for our footy team. They said if ur going on Sunday, get there early, and get ur tickets before the day, cos there is a chance if u get there late on Sunday, u wont get in.

That's because of the "kids free day"

Every year they have this and the stadium is JAM PACKED!!!!!

the kids have a ball and it's really good atmosphere on the day :)

Latest posts