What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newcastle team vs Eels

Hurriflatch

Referee
http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/absolutenm/templates/mediareleases.asp?articleid=1183&zoneid=1

Audio interview with Smithy

KNIGHTS v EELS

Parramatta Stadium

Round 17

Monday 9 July, 2007

FIRST GRADE

Coach: Brian Smith

1. Kurt Gidley**
2. James McManus
3. George Carmont
4. Brad Tighe*
5. Adam MacDougall
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Luke Walsh
8. Mitchell Sargent
9. Danny Buderus (C)**
10. Adam Woolnough*
11. Steve Simpson**
12. Cory Paterson*
13. Reegan Tanner

Interchange:

14. Michael Young
15. Chris Bailey*
16. Jesse Royal
17. Kade Snowden
18. Zeb Taia
19. Josh Perry*
20. Cooper Vuna
21. Nathan Hinton
22. Daniel Abraham

* Subject to fitness test

** Subject to fitness test post Origin III

Bazal

Post Whore
He's only three blokes off doing just that :crazy: :crazy:

It's not a shabby side (the 17) by any means...although probably weaker in some ways than last weeks side. They had a better centre in Mad Dog than Tighe IMO, Taia was great for them as were Hinton and Vuna. That said, they could still all play....and I think Vuna at least will, he's a weapon in attack, huge and quick as lightning...

Jono078

Referee
Vuna would be a good addition, but his and Carmont's defence would be a worry against your backline.

It's an ok team. Would like to see Taia, Abraham and Vuna come in for Tighe, Tanner and Royal.

The Colonel

Immortal
Wow......

Interesting that long complained about players in Tanner, Carmont and Tighe are still in the team.

fish eel

Immortal
surprised Zeb isnt listed, I only saw bits and pieces of the souths match but thought he look half decent.

Then again, it's Brian Smith, and we all know how much the team named on Tuesday means....even if it is 22 men!!! lol

JOB 3:14

Juniors
Where is Andrew Johns?........Oh that's right, he signed up for the Wallabies mid season.

fish eel

Immortal
Seriously.

Naming 22 is farging funny stuff.

Why not just name the other 3.

Me smells a smokescreen

The Colonel

Immortal
fish eel said:
surprised Zeb isnt listed, I only saw bits and pieces of the souths match but thought he look half decent.

Then again, it's Brian Smith, and we all know how much the team named on Tuesday means....even if it is 22 men!!! lol

170+ metres from the bench and a more than decent work rate in defence..... I'd have thought he would start.

fish eel

Immortal
The Colonel said:
170+ metres from the bench and a more than decent work rate in defence..... I'd have thought he would start.

Smithy Smokescreen I tell ya!!!!!

Bigfella

Coach
If this turns into a thread bagging BS for not selecting Taia I am going to fall off my chair ...

fish eel

Immortal
Bigfella said:
If this turns into a thread bagging BS for not selecting Taia I am going to fall off my chair ...

If you set up a webcam for us all to watch you fall off said chair, I'm gonna bag away :lol:

Jono078

Referee
The Colonel said:
Wow......

Interesting that long complained about players in Tanner, Carmont and Tighe are still in the team.
:roll:

I personally am not complaining about Tighe, just I think MacDougall to centre and Vuna coming in would offer more.

Tanner and Carmont were on the outer, then injuries brought them in. Carmont has been ok but Tanner was pretty ordinary last week.

Suitman

Post Whore
Hurriflatch said:
Reynoldson is one of the 3 unnamed players
and then you have Andrew Johns missing as well

Who?

Is he an "up and comer" from Jersy Flegg?

Suity

Latest posts