What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newtown RLFC Presentation Night

Jeffles

Bench
I will be there as will a few on the forum. It would be good to see a few fans at this one. In the past couple of years we haven't sold tickets to the presentation night. This was because we didn't want to abuse the generosity of the sponsors that provided the evening for free.

This year is different. Get down and congratulate the blokes for a tremendous year. The success of both teams in making the finals should not go unnoticed. Hope to see a few of you there.

Date: Monday, 10th October 2005
Time: 7.00pm for 7.30pm
Dress: Smart Casual
Venue: Jets Sports Club, Holbeach Avenue, Tempe.
Cost: $30.00 per person, includes dinner and drinks.
RSVP 5th October 2005
Please call Jenny in the Newtown RLFC office on 95500999 or 1300 36 36 90.

2 True Blues

Coach
Sounds good Jeffles. If I am not working I will be there mate. Remember the last one at Petersham RSL years ago when the fans were invited. It was a great night. Is John TRAD going to put together another film showing some of the Newtown tries during the season.

Jeffles

Bench
There will be video of the season highlights. Sports Recording Services (who do the official tapes) are putting it together with a musical score backing the footage. Should be sensational.

I think we decide the tables when we get there on the night but we should all sit together.

Sold. Let me know what it will cost for a copy (including shipping), Jeffles. I've got 1.3 Billion potential Bluebags to win over here and A/V support would be a great help.

Jeffles

Bench
Definitely 2TB

Just another reminder to anyone who is interested. The Jets need to know the numbers this week.

Date: Monday, 10th October 2005
Time: 7.00pm for 7.30pm
Dress: Smart Casual
Venue: Jets Sports Club, Holbeach Avenue, Tempe.
Cost: $30.00 per person, includes dinner and drinks.
RSVP 5th October 2005
Please call Jenny in the Newtown RLFC office on 95500999 or 1300 36 36 90.

2 True Blues

Coach
Already booked three tickets Jeffles. Can you findout if copies of the video will be available for purchase at all. Thanks mate....

Jeffles

Bench
I'll keep you informed.

John Trad has also made a video compilation of Jets tries for 2005. That may be screened on the night but it hasn't been confirmed. From all reports, his camera work improves each year.

Jeffles

Bench
Final numbers needed by tomorrow. Sales have been very good but there is still room available.

Jeffles

Bench
Bookings closed. I understand the club has been filled for the night. Give or take a few it will be capacity. Well done.

Invitations have been given out by the "buckets" load to anyone who has ever set foot in Marrickville. They don't even have to be associated with Newtown. It will be packed!

Jeffles

Bench
What a great night! I'll publish a full list of winners when I get them.

Well done to John lynch for his presentation of the Fred Daly Award. The best display with the microphone I saw all night. Irreverent, funny, engaging. The consumate entertainer.

koslecki

Juniors
but no mention of the forum member who will speaking with a small group of stayers fell off his chair mid sentence!!

Thank god for garlos!

koslecki

Juniors
and there were a few po faced people in the crowd! ha ho! it was a good night though! not without its controversy hey jeffles!!

2 True Blues

Coach
Enjoyed the night however the rationing of the vegatables at dinner time. They should have over catered, not under catered !!!!

2 True Blues

Coach
The disc with over and hour of Newtown trys and memories for twenty dollars was money well spent. Some great moments from the 2005 season, and some awesome team trys and crowd shots !!!!

koslecki said:
but no mention of the forum member who will speaking with a small group of stayers fell off his chair mid sentence!!

Thank god for garlos!

Oh my god... What an embarressment!!!!! I reckon anyone falling off their chairs at the JSC should be barred for life!