What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newtown v Western Suburbs: Preliminary Final 28-09-2008

joejoe

Juniors
Magpies are known to aggressively defend their territory...
dont-come-to-magpie-country.jpg

so how long into the game will it be before the Jets fans call it quits?
jeffles.jpg

Last edited:

malabar

Juniors
Newtown have Foley on the wing and Thompson at Fullback, I sat near Byron Ford at Henson a few weeks back and he was absolutely blowing up that the coach didnt have Foley at fullback, cant repeat what how he expressed himself, I can say that he had an opposite to the coach on Foleys position, I did notice that part way thru the second half Foley did move to fullback, too late tho we lost that game. I wonderwhat reason it might be to have the NSW resident fullback playing on the wing?

joejoe

Juniors
I thought I'd simulate what Sundays result would be.

jets_on_fire.jpg

Seems the Jets will crash and Burn!

Jeffles

Bench
For the record, these clubs have met three times in finals football when they were in the top grade. Wests have the wood on Newtown in those games. Time to square the ledger.

14 August 1956: Playoff for 4th
Wests 10-5 Newtown
Venue: Redfern Oval
Crowd: 20920
Referee: Darcy Lawler

8 September 1962: Preliminary Final
Wests 25-13 Newtown
Venue: SCG
Crowd: 26554
Referee: Col Pearce

23 August 1966: Playoff for 4th
Newtown 20-5 Wests
Venue: Sydney Sports Ground
Crowd: 10724
Referee: Bill Kelly

greg

Juniors
You bloody beauty! Looks like a convincing scoreline too. Well done Bluebags, commiserations Maggies.

Jeffles

Bench
Newtown will play Wentworthville in the Grand Final. Both teams won convincingly today though I suggest Wenty are the team with better form.

It all comes down to next Sunday. Hopefully a lot of us can get in. Today, you can still buy tickets in B Reserve and C Reserve

girvie

Staff member
It all comes down to next Sunday. Hopefully a lot of us can get in. Today, you can still buy tickets in B Reserve and C Reserve

The club is usually issued with a bunch of tickets to sell to their fans.

Jeffles

Bench
The club is usually issued with a bunch of tickets to sell to their fans.

I know but we haven't heard anything about this year. Further, there are sponsors that need to be considered so I don't know what the final allocation will be to go on sale. In any case, we'd have more fans than whatever the allocation would be so try and get tickets however you can everybody. While tickets are available now, it's a chance to ensure a spot.

Last edited:

Latest posts