What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newtown Vs St George

brendothejet

First Grade
colcaseysheadband said:
If there is no warm up game and newtown a grade can't make it, maybe BTJ could give us a display of his attacking style against the kiddies that play on henson before the match.......

Are you kidding? There is like 200 of them!!!

Maybe a one on one with Snoop Shark!

2 True Blues

Coach
bluebag43 said:
G'day 2TB's it certainly has been a long off season. Your voice will be most welcome! It is a champion effort to travel the 600k's to Henson, but somehow I knew that you couldn't stand missing it!

Would have walked it mate, if necessary ;-) :lol:

2 True Blues

Coach
grungle said:
Aubusson 5/8 firsts, sa 5/8 flegg, williams injured. Still looks a fair side though.

SA in flegg. You R joking right !!!???:crazy: :crazy:

What is the injury to WILLIAMS. How long will he be out mate ??

We have a very strong side though, and this game will be a real test. Jets have a hard record against Premier league Saints since year 2000. We have in recent times won the two semi final games againt them when it actually counted, however they hold the record by far for the most wins against us. Saints are always a big strong side that can hurt you. This game will be a REAL indication of how good this seasons Bluebags side will be, I reckon. Memories of going to the NRL circus last season in the first season game of '06, to watch the lads go down to Souths through lack of teamwork not yet found. :lol:

But I reckon we have the strongest team that has dorned the Royal Blue since they kicked us in the arse in '83.

Jets to win by atleast two converted trys !!!! ;-)

2 True Blues

Coach
The Newtown one is nowhere near full strength. The players missing from FG & PL are Flannery, Harrison, Roberts, John Williams, Nuuausala, Schubert, Sa, L'Estrange & Shillington. When they are all there, the Jets team looks twice as strong, as does the FG team!

Shaun Foley
John Williams
Setaimata Sa
Sam Perrett
Vince Mellars
Jamie Soward
Mitchell Pearce
Charlie Tonga
Heath L'Estrange
Shane Shackleton
Mickey Paea
Lopini Paea
Ashley Harrison/Chris Flannery (shows our depth, one of them will be in PL while the other will be on the FG bench)

George Ndaira
Adam Schubert
Steve Meredith
Frank-Paul Nuuausala

Reserves: Willie Brown, Aaron Lai, Troy Savage, James Shillington, Rory Kostjaysn, Grant Millington, Dale Newton, Stanley Waqa, David Pangai.

All of the top PL 17 bar Pearce & Nuuausala (two future stars) have had FG experience with moderate success, each having at least one highly impressive performance in FG. Plenty of depth for the top team, along with showcasing some amazing young talent.

(FORMELY LeagueFanNumeroUno)

Supporting The Mighty Red, White & Blue

**** Thought this was an interesting thread on the NSWRL forums for those don't venture their. It's by "The Mack", so I pasted it over !!! *****

Bring back JC, Moz & Croc! Fire up you soft serves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by no.2_lukeburt
infact calling you 'timmah' would be more insulting.

grungle

Juniors
Mate, just going off the team lists on the roosters website where sa is listed as 6 in flegg. Maybe he is playing twice on the weekend.

JF_Henson_Hill

Juniors
Am just back from a windswept & freezing Henson Park. What a match & what a comeback! How do the Jets keep doing the Henson Houdini Act act like that.

They were down 28-12 & were showing quite a bit of frailty defensively, especially both one of the ruck & in the centres. Then it happened. Soward, who had been pretty poor for much of trhe day suddenly started making things happen. The Saints, who had been so dominant early, had stopped to a virtual walk at one stage. Newtown were storming home, only for the Saints to score a highly jubious try against the run of play with what I felt looked like a double movement. Still Soward slotted one through in the last minute of play after the Dragons were caught offside. 32-32 it would be.

Another stirring Jets comeback, in the most trying of conditions. $8 more than well spent.

Time for a hot bath & a change of clothes for me. Even in the grandstand I got wet.

JF
PS:- Great to hear the "Newtown Newtown" chant ringing around the Henson grandstand today. Those who toughed it out to come & support the Jets were definitely rewarded with another excellent game of rugby league.:cool:

Jeffles

Bench
The team have not been together much owing to the trials. They really got out of jail today. Always exciting but I had faith because we were running towards the points end in the second half. I'm convinced that we score more at the hill end as opposed to the Sydenham Rd end.

My highlight was Carmel Tebbutt announcing that if they win, the Iemma Government will commit $250k to upgrading the surface at Henson Park. I think it will be levelled, drainage and new turf will be laid.

Crowd were in great voice considering it was a shocker of a day, jamie sowards last try was a screamer ,i happened to be standing behind the goalposts when he won the race for the ball...............still a pretty average effort by the team, got out of gaol today.

JF_Henson_Hill

Juniors
colcaseysheadband said:
Crowd were in great voice considering it was a shocker of a day, jamie sowards last try was a screamer ,i happened to be standing behind the goalposts when he won the race for the ball...............still a pretty average effort by the team, got out of gaol today.

I'm no expert & I'm still getting to know the new players etc etc. But I found is to be somewhat brittle one off the ruck when the Dragons sent their big front rowers at us. That first try Saints scored where they ran straight through some paper-thin defending was pretty ordinary. that wasn't the Jets I watched last season. :? When Saints attached to the right we seem to have a problem defensively there as well. Their last try came through there.

Still a stirring comeback from the boys in blue. Come on you Jets!

JF

Wow what a day. Well done to all that showed up in the crappy weather. sh*t weather always seems to deliver the most exciting games, last years come back against cronulla springs to mind.

Thought that Saints were the better team and we were lucky to sneak away with the draw. Still it's a point, and we didn't lose.

It was great to be back at Henson, shame about the weather though and good to hear the crowd get behind the team with the old New-town chant.

2 True Blues

Coach
The chant usually only comes out at semi final time, so a darn good start to the season in wet weather by the fans.

Jets undefeated at home record almost took a hammering, well done Jets !!!!

Snoop Shark

First Grade
brendothejet said:
Are you kidding? There is like 200 of them!!!

Maybe a one on one with Snoop Shark!

:lol: Just read that! Sounds good brendon but if u want to eat greens all day just buy a salad! I tend to run over fellas;-)

brendothejet

First Grade
Snoop Shark said:
:lol: Just read that! Sounds good brendon but if u want to eat greens all day just buy a salad! I tend to run over fellas;-)

hahahah

i like that line...I will most definately use it.

won't be long now mate till we all hit the paddock..assuming you are man enough to come play again this year...

Latest posts