What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next 2 rounds crucial

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If Saints can win the next 2 rounds it would be brilliant as they will then be back to full strength (in term so of Origin selections) and playing players will be back to playing 1 game a week not 2 in 1 weeks for some.

If they win both the will come out of the Origin period on 29 pts which would be an absolute freakish effort. I don't think any team that has been premiers and with this many players playing Origin games come out of it with close to 30pts.

InThatNumber

Juniors
Certainly a win would be nice, but not essential to getting the season back on track. I think that will begin Round 19 against the Sharks. Origin will be behind the club, long term injuries (think Coops) should be healed and ready to go and we can build into the finals with a great home run in the last 2 months.

These next two matches while it would be better to win, are not so crucial that our season can't recover if we don't win them.

But I sure as hell hope we do win, as 4 weeks without a win is a long time.

the manly game is gonna be tough, because no doubt there will some negative things going through our players minds, they just need to remember that they were stung by injuries and origin and if they execute like they have been all year, they will get over the line.

clifford

Juniors
yeh a win in manly wil be great hope we can get up cause dont we have knights after that without all our origin stars?? so a win doesnt look likely there.

hardbaby

Coach
I don't really see the next 2 weeks as crucial. The comp is breaking up. There are a handful of teams that are premiership contenders, another group that are in the bottom of the 8 (and a long way down) and some teams that will need luck to qualify at all.

We had an amazing start to the season and can afford to drop the next 2 games. I hope it doesn't happen but rep duties + injuries + general fatigue make it really tough.

It won't be until after our next bye that we start to hit our straps. Truthfully as long as we finish in the Top 4 we will still be premiership favourites.

clifford

Juniors
yeh there not that crucial at all after origin we will be right back on track and we will finish top 4. doesnt matter how we are going now ya dont win premierships in june.....

when were fully fit well hit our strides again and suddenly everyone will be back on our wagon

InThatNumber

Juniors
it would be nice to be the hunter rather than the hunted... let Manly and Melbourne sit on top for a while, we can let the pressure of staying on top be their problem for the moment. Then take it up a gear once we are past the bye. Let the focus shift off us to those two teams and we can just go about business.

AJ_82

Juniors
I think we need one of the two games as a win ... we need to keep some momentum up and we want to stay in touch with finishing top 2 and having a guaranteed 2nd bite/chance of week off.

Minh

First Grade
A top 2 finish should be the goal, one win takes you straight to the prelim and the week off is also good too, to recover from niggling injuries and stuff.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
We're mentally strong enough to win it all again.

I got no doubt that Bennett has been flogging the players not in rep so they are all in the same boat. Did it this time last year and we struggled.

Came out flying in the end.

butter81

Juniors
i don't want to sound too one eyed, but i think we'll finish the season on 39 points. That would surely put us 2nd at worst, and we'll be fine from there. The boys won't hit their straps till round 20 i think. Everyone will have been on deck for a couple of weeks, and we'll make a good run home, especially with all those home games. BACK TO BACK, here we come...

Willow

Assistant Moderator
lol. It was predictable before round 1 kicked off.

Oppo fans don't like us playing home games. The NRL even changed the rules to stop us playing home semis. Will the whingers come out and cry about us playing 'too many home games'? You can put your house on it.