What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next 5 Games are critical

justadragon

Bench
Never thought we would. Liked the fight in the side but this should be a massive rebuilding year but hindered by a coach who is ultra conservative & plays favorites. Saying that , yes there is some positives but also a lot wrong with the club but mate , glass half full hey?
Mate I've been a glass half full for the last 10-12 years but now I'm just confined to reality, it depresses me every time I get excited about a particular game, especially today, I'm not looking forward to playing the better teams.

Dragon David

First Grade
They say when you concede 50 you can't win the comp.
Well Dogs and Raiders might bt us but that's about it for them.
Yep the comp is split between the good and the bad teams. Its up and down for the weaker clubs but the better clubs just know how to hang in there and get the win and many times they hang in there and get stacks of points to win. Dogs and Raiders won't win the comp based on what you say Jeff but one or the other could end up in the 8.

Even if we beat the Titans today it would be that we would have won 3 games - 2 against the Titans and one against the Dolphins - not much to write home about but we didn't win today anyway so that statement was stupid. Haha!

Are you starting the Round 7 thread Jeff? I'm not!

jeffdragon

Bench
Yep the comp is split between the good and the bad teams. Its up and down for the weaker clubs but the better clubs just know how to hang in there and get the win and many times they hang in there and get stacks of points to win. Dogs and Raiders won't win the comp based on what you say Jeff but one or the other could end up in the 8.

Even if we beat the Titans today it would be that we would have won 3 games - 2 against the Titans and one against the Dolphins - not much to write home about but we didn't win today anyway so that statement was stupid. Haha!

Are you starting the Round 7 thread Jeff? I'm not!
I thought about it but I am not at the moment.
I'm still stinging from this loss.
These are the worst games to lose,
the what if losses
Had we won probably.
Wighton back,Tapine back, would of liked a win to be 3-2 then the Raiders.
Would like to be 3-3 or even 4-2 before Chooks but that's gonnnne.
Ot my soccer team concede a last minute goal to lose and my team in the English championship led 4-3 only to draw to a last minute penalty.
Surely the Dragon luck will turn but it's taking too long for the tide to turn..

Dragon David

First Grade
I thought about it but I am not at the moment.
I'm still stinging from this loss.
These are the worst games to lose,
the what if losses
Had we won probably.
Wighton back,Tapine back, would of liked a win to be 3-2 then the Raiders.
Would like to be 3-3 or even 4-2 before Chooks but that's gonnnne.
Ot my soccer team concede a last minute goal to lose and my team in the English championship led 4-3 only to draw to a last minute penalty.
Surely the Dragon luck will turn but it's taking too long for the tide to turn..
It becomes such a downer after seeing any team sport or individual player you follow lose. However, most of us like sport because it usually is entertaining and as the saying goes, you win some and you lose some and that is part of life.

My gripe is that as a follower of the Dragons which seems like forever, the years are going by so quickly and before I know it, the win in 2010 would seem ancient, just like I will be.

jeffdragon

Bench
It becomes such a downer after seeing any team sport or individual player you follow lose. However, most of us like sport because it usually is entertaining and as the saying goes, you win some and you lose some and that is part of life.
My gripe is that as a follower of the Dragons which seems like forever, the years are going by so quickly and before I know it, the win in 2010 would seem ancient, just like I will be.
Following the Saints is a religion for me.
We need to win as many as we can v teams like the Titans because as,we know we struggle v the big teams.
It's been so long since we scored a last minute win .
We always seem to stuff it.

Last edited:

Jersey No 14

Juniors
I confess. I lost my Sh@t at the end of this game.
the words which come out of these guys mouths are weak.
the actions they say they display and what’s actually coming out is very agitating.
In this third year after an another off season + a bye and presenting less than 80 minutes of football ( that all they’ve got to play) every week these must be heals accountable.
Next week in now three weeks on it’s time for a change.
We are St. George and this is unacceptable by any stretch of the imagination.
If you can’t step up on your watch as a current St. George holder of the Red V man up and stand down.
nNext week v Canberra. Their aptitude is what we should have.
Bottom line. Step up or pi$s off

that includes management and staff
You are demoralizing the Red V on your watch.
im just questioning whether I should spent any more time and Money on this current 2023 roster.
you - they have to earn my respect

Dragon David

First Grade
I confess. I lost my Sh@t at the end of this game.
the words which come out of these guys mouths are weak.
the actions they say they display and what’s actually coming out is very agitating.
In this third year after an another off season + a bye and presenting less than 80 minutes of football ( that all they’ve got to play) every week these must be heals accountable.
Next week in now three weeks on it’s time for a change.
We are St. George and this is unacceptable by any stretch of the imagination.
If you can’t step up on your watch as a current St. George holder of the Red V man up and stand down.
nNext week v Canberra. Their aptitude is what we should have.
Bottom line. Step up or pi$s off

that includes management and staff
You are demoralizing the Red V on your watch.
im just questioning whether I should spent any more time and Money on this current 2023 roster.
you - they have to earn my respect
A very true and strong message Jersey 14. It's gone beyond the joke and the laughs have disappeared and the anger will go on unabated until this useless Joint Venture does a complete U turn and get us back up where we belong.

jodragon40

Juniors
Just notice we are in 10th spot on the ladder, however we are equal 5th on six points.

Looking at our next 5 games (Titans, Raiders, Roosters, Dogs and Tigers), we stand a good chance of winning 4 maybe 5 of those games. If we do it will set us up for a chance to finish in the top 8 this year. Yeah I know its early, but the next month will determine our success this season.

Also, its a bit concerning that winning these games, may also lead to Hook being extended - which is a real concern.
We are no chance of playing semi finals football again this season under this coach and squad. 12th at best and that's very hard to say being a 53 yr supporter

Lovemedragons

Juniors
We are no chance of playing semi finals football again this season under this coach and squad. 12th at best and that's very hard to say being a 53 yr supporter
While I agree we are no chance of semi finals I do believe under a different mindset and direction that this roster is actually good enough to play semi finals.