What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next coach sacked 2024

Tiger Shark

Bench
The Kev stuff has gained huge traction but I still find it hard to believe that a bloke who got them so close to winning the comp doesn't get one forgive year.
Absolutely

and losing Reynolds for so long was a huge loss. They win a few of those games he’s out and they are in the finals.

they shouldn’t be so dependent on him but they are

Wb1234

Immortal
Benji will probably have the early part of next season to save his job

Richo was fuming after last night

Diesel

Referee
Webster is safe. Warriors had a tough year but there were significant injuries to the Warriors, 2nd to Souths

Exsilium

Coach
The thing for me about Kevin Walters is that he had a squad that was capable of making the grand final but then had zero depth or vision to create a side that was capable of replicating what they were able to do the year before. You can’t be a good coach and just throw your hands in the air when injuries occur. It probably goes a lot deeper than Walters, probably a case of poor administration and contract management.

MKCS

Juniors
Benji will probably have the early part of next season to save his job

I'm not even a Tigers supporter but it is legitimately so infuriating how badly that team is ran. You're right that Benji will probably not only get the early part of next season but all of next season to prove himself despite how poorly he's done in 2023 and 2024. If he finishes out of the bottom 4 they'll celebrate him.

The best part is Tigers recruitment, they've got a fair few backline players that could find form and be great for them, they have players like Olam, Naden and Staines who have won grand finals or played in them (Naden) so they're certainly capable of doing a job but instead they go to market and sign Skelton and Turuva.

Royce Hunt is signed but he's an impact bench player, Jack Bird I guess is a solid utility option but did the Tigers need him? Luai is great but is going to struggle behind an uncreative and non inspiring forward pack just like most halves do.

And then the band of merry men trying to help Benji turn it all around is John Morris with 2-3 seasons under his belt, Robbie Farah who has no experience, Heighington who has no experience and now apparently failed Super League coach Brett Hodgson is on his way.

I feel bad for the fans, they deserve better from Benji and the club.

Tiger5150

Bench
I'm not even a Tigers supporter but it is legitimately so infuriating how badly that team is ran. You're right that Benji will probably not only get the early part of next season but all of next season to prove himself despite how poorly he's done in 2023 and 2024. If he finishes out of the bottom 4 they'll celebrate him.
Back office is cleared out and getting fixed....it will take time.
The best part is Tigers recruitment, they've got a fair few backline players that could find form and be great for them, they have players like Olam, Naden and Staines who have won grand finals or played in them (Naden) so they're certainly capable of doing a job but instead they go to market and sign Skelton and Turuva.
With respect, its clear you dont watch much Tigers games. There is a good football player in Naden but he repeatedly makes error after error and literally costs us games. his cards have been marked. Staines busts a gut but is just too small to make the impact that we need. Olam was great early in the season but his knees were shot. Hopefully his surgery gets him back to his best and in that case he will be first centre picked.

Our starts of sets all season were abysmal and in particular Skelton has been signed for that reason,.

Royce Hunt is signed but he's an impact bench player, Jack Bird I guess is a solid utility option but did the Tigers need him? Luai is great but is going to struggle behind an uncreative and non inspiring forward pack just like most halves do.

And then the band of merry men trying to help Benji turn it all around is John Morris with 2-3 seasons under his belt, Robbie Farah who has no experience, Heighington who has no experience and now apparently failed Super League coach Brett Hodgson is on his way.

Farah is leaving.
I feel bad for the fans, they deserve better from Benji and the club.
We dont need your pity....send cash or players.

Vee

First Grade
Our starts of sets all season were abysmal and in particular Skelton has been signed for that reason,.
I can definitely see the green shoots but too many errors from young players. You need to hold your nerve until the kids have got 50-70 FG games each. No excuses for the experienced players making errors.

Skelton could be good if he runs straight instead of constantly jinking.

Last edited:

Tiger5150

Bench
I can definitely see the green shoots but too many errors from young players. You need to hold your nerve until the kids have got 50-70 FG games each. No excuses for the experienced players making errors.

Skelton could be good if he runs straight without jinking constantly.
IMO the kids outplayed the senior players all year, Api excepted.

Latest posts