What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next season wont be much better

MrT

Juniors
With no ceative no. 7, we will experience another frustrating season.
Witt looks like becoming a good 5/8 as he could really develop a good running game. I like him as a long term 5/8.

Dykes??? Is he going? Is he staying?
Tim Smith- I had big wraps on him although he's very slow. I can't see him getting much faster. Not a bad organiser but is 2 years away from 1st grade.
Thorman - probably won't be kept, not our worst option for halfback.

We need to pray for a miacle, we need to buy some young guy or bring someone up and just hope they come through

parra_princess

Juniors
I think ya need some Prozac - Just take a look at the team. It looks like it has 100 times the potential of of 2004 outfit.

Dykes will sign with the Sharks mid-week.

Glenn

First Grade
Agreed we need something in 5/8 and half for 2005...but geez get the Prozac :roll:

ParraMatt

Bench
Who knows? With alot of practise with Morris at five-eighth next season the two could perform really well together and we may have solved our problems.

Unreal V

Juniors
ParraMatt said:
Who knows? With alot of practise with Morris at five-eighth next season the two could perform really well together and we may have solved our problems.

and if not what then? what are our options with our current signings? Witt has showed nothing this year to suggest that he will fit into the role next year. I agree he is our best option but not on his own and not with a make shift 5/8. He will need an experienced 5/8 by his side.

ParraMatt

Bench
Mate, Im working with what we have got. I am by no means standing up for the administration at Parramatta, Yes they made some good signings. But no Structured halves combination means shit all and I admit that. But I'm trying to work out a solution with what we have. Mateo?

Adam Spadam

Juniors
What we have at the moment just wont cut it...

Next season could be no different to this year in my opinion...the halves are just a huge concearn!

Utey

Coach
Well remember last seeason guys when we won 11 out of 13 with the dynamic duo of Witt and Morris. They were good now and i know Witt will never get that good again because his spot is pretty much cemented. But theres still hope. We will not win any premierships with Witt at 1/2. No matter how pretty he is, he just isnt the gbame breaker or creative half like JT was.

Eels Dude

Coach
This side needs confidence. More than anything they need to start believing they can win, and believing they can do it consistently. We have recruited well for next season, however it remains to be seen as to whether these players will be good enough to turn around our poor form. I don't think they can on their own, they need the players currently at our club to stand up and show their stuff as well.

ParraMatt

Bench
Well remember last seeason guys when we won 11 out of 13 with the dynamic duo of Witt and Morris. They were good now and i know Witt will never get that good again because his spot is pretty much cemented. But theres still hope. We will not win any premierships with Witt at 1/2. No matter how pretty he is, he just isnt the gbame breaker or creative half like JT was.

That's just Bullshit. You have absolutely no idea. Offcourse Michael Witt has what it takes. Give him the rest of this year. Trials throughout the offseason and he will come out guns blazing next season. Bringing him into a squad low on confidence half way through two seasons isn't going to make you the best halfback in the competition. Consider him a cemented Parramatta Eels First Grade Half-Back with 6 months more confidence and him running out in the number 7 jersey from Round 1 will help Witt alot. You just watch.

bartman

Immortal
ParraMatt said:

I was more than happy with the Morris/Wiit halves combo in the second half of last season. Throw in Riddell at Hooker for 2005 and I think that's got more of a chance of spark that the combos that we reverted to in the off-season and start of this year.

Hopefully the likes of Ridell, Morrison and Tahu will bring with them some new ideas about organising the attack that the club can incorporate in 2005 - because we do need something extra in unpredictable play department.

Latest posts