What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next Time On An All New TV General Discussion Thread

Bazal

Post Whore
I watched the first episode just now, and yeah if you are after something that is going to play the theme straight Fallout is not that.

100%

Fallout is pretty bleak a lot of the time. But it's also set in a wacky caricature of 1950s America so the wackiness is a core part of it.

I thought the show was really good. Also worth mentioning that it felt a lot like a Fallout game in the way it threw random bullshit at you and left you not really knowing WTF was going on for 3-4 eps, but with just enough to kind of piece a thought together...but then it pulled it all together. Just like if you'd stepped out of Vault 111 or whatever game you fired up and started exploring the world. The fan service stuff was well done too and the scenery was spot on.

I didn't really like Maximus much but that was about it. Ella Purnell was super and Goggins was eating every piece of scenery in the perfect way. I thought Moldaver was a super interesting 'antagonist' and probably underused?

It's a shame that the original fandom is so toxic they still want to shit on it...

Parra Pride

Coach
It's a shame that the original fandom is so toxic they still want to shit on it...
That's more so people who put New Vegas and/or the NCR up on a pillar far above the rest of the series really. There's more good than bad being said about the show from most people who have watched it at this point.

MRN

Juniors
Manhunt on Apple TV+ is an excellent limited series that runs for 7 episodes. About the hunt for John Wilkes Booth and the idea that he was part of a greater conspiracy to kill Lincoln. Tobias Menzies is amazing as Edwin Stanton, likewise Anthony Boyle as Booth.
Limited series' have been killing it this year.

Bazal

Post Whore
That's more so people who put New Vegas and/or the NCR up on a pillar far above the rest of the series really. There's more good than bad being said about the show from most people who have watched it at this point.

Yeah I probably should have said some of the original fans. Including a section who refuses to see anything post Bethesda as canon? It's a weird fan base...they accept Fallout 2 which is f**king insane at times, but change the look of a Gulper from a game they don't even play allegedly and they shit themselves.

New Vegas is above everything else though

It's the best story and roleplaying but f**k it's a punish to play at times...

I played 1 and 2 as a kid, mostly for the story. They were well behind Diablo as point and click games. 3 is pretty ordinary, New Vegas is good and 4 is good but for different reasons. FO 4 is probably my favourite all round game on balance, because the world building is so good you can literally play for hundreds of hours just exploring the Commonwealth and never even do the main quest. Which is good because the main questline is f**king nonsense. Even as a fan I'd say every fallout game has a clear weakness.

Apparently 76 has improved but I've never played it. Might give it a go now.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Yeah I probably should have said some of the original fans. Including a section who refuses to see anything post Bethesda as canon? It's a weird fan base...they accept Fallout 2 which is f**king insane at times, but change the look of a Gulper from a game they don't even play allegedly and they shit themselves.

I played 1 and 2 as a kid, mostly for the story. They were well behind Diablo as point and click games. 3 is pretty ordinary, New Vegas is good and 4 is good but for different reasons. FO 4 is probably my favourite all round game on balance, because the world building is so good you can literally play for hundreds of hours just exploring the Commonwealth and never even do the main quest. Which is good because the main questline is f**king nonsense. Even as a fan I'd say every fallout game has a clear weakness.

I stayed away from 76 but maybe I should give it a chance

Parra Pride

Coach

I stayed away from 76 but maybe I should give it a chance
76 is fine if you’re docking around with friends, can’t imagine playing it solo.

Also Wasteland 2 is actually the best Fallout game.

Apey

Staff member
My dead body
Don’t burn it, just leave it in the field
And with it, fill the belly of some hungry dog.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Fallout was fine, as long as you switch your brain off before watching it which was easy for me.

Walton Goggins is awesome in everything I’ve seen him in.

Latest posts