1. Out Now:

Here it is - the latest edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine with a full wrap on last weekend's NRL and Super League along with the match programme for the coming round!

Ahead of Women in League Round this weekend, this bumper issue has plenty of features. Paul Jobber chats to Erin Molan about life in broadcasting, footy and more. Joshua Wells talks to NRLW player Botille Vette-Welsh about her rise in the women's game. We've also got Rick Edgerton's weekly finals piece, this week looking at the spines of each of the top eight sides. We also look at Old Boys Day through the eyes of Newcastle prop Daniel Saifiti.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - a full NRL Round 19 programme - and you have one fantastic 36-page magazine for your weekend's reading!

EDITION 17 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Next Time On An All New TV General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Music & Movies Forum' started by Big Pete, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Rhino_NQ

Rhino_NQ Immortal

Just jumped on the mr inbetween wagon. Love it. Dad put it in words to sell it to me in a way that i cant come up with a better description.

"picture ray donovan set in western sydney"

t-ba, AJB1102, Lemon Squash and 2 others like this.
  2. Rod McClusky

Rod McClusky Juniors

Anyone watched “The Irishman”?

Heard it goes for over 3 hours, don’t know if it worth investing the time

3. AJB1102

AJB1102 First Grade

Yep its an awesome show. I got a shitload of mates on to it but the one who loves it most out of anyone I mentioned it to is my mum lol and she's more into Villiage Vets and Great Aussie Bakeoff.

Phil McGrawhan likes this.
  4. Springs09

Springs09 Juniors

His Dark Materials has been pretty good so far and very restrained for a HBO show. The CGI for the polar bear is among the best I've seen in recent years.

Watched the first episode of the new Foxtel show Upright. Main character is pretty funny but falls into a lot of Australian cliches, mainly the teenage girl character whose every second word is 'f**k' or 'c**k' etc. But it has some promise.

5. Xcalibre

Xcalibre Juniors

Yep, so far I have to agree. Only 3 eps in but the story is developing nicely and Kirsten continues to impress.

axl rose likes this.
  6. Xcalibre

Xcalibre Juniors

I’m around half way through Ozark s.2 and am still enjoying all the crazy twists and turns, but it’s a bit too full on. As a person with short attention span it’s good, but it just comes off as unbelievable.

axl rose likes this.
  7. Timbo

Timbo Moderator Staff Member

Upright on Foxtel.

Really enjoyable, some very funny moments. Also, several shots right to the feels.

8. axl rose

axl rose Bench

If you haven't seen it yet watch The Boys. I burnt through the whole season far to quickly.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    Jack Deth likes this.
  9. Manurewa_Marlins

Manurewa_Marlins Bench

Binged through the second season of Mr. Inbetween this week. Man, what a series! Any idea if theyre gonna push a third one through?

10. jargan83

jargan83 Coach

Binge watched season 4 of The Man in the High Castle today, enjoyed most of it but the ending was garbage.

axl rose likes this.
  11. T-Boon

T-Boon Coach

Really looking forward to The Outsider which starts on or about 13 January on Fox.
    I enjoyed the first half of the book immensely then when it turned all Stephen Kingy I thought it wasn't so great. TV show looks terrific.

12. Springs09

Springs09 Juniors

The upcoming gothic-looking version of A Christmas Carol with Guy Pearce looks very interesting:

13. azzah72

azzah72 Bench

It's crap

14. Springs09

Springs09 Juniors

Another victim of the cynical gritty reboot trend.

Hopefully this cynical shit that's pervaded modern television comes to an end soon.

Edit: Nothing says 2019 like Scrooge being molested as a boy then later in life propositioning Bob Cratchit's black wife in exchange for money for Tiny Tim's surgery.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
  15. azzah72

azzah72 Bench

Just finished upright, the Aussie show on Foxtel starring Tim Michin.

Didn't know what I was getting into but ended up really enjoying it.

Great road trip show that ends up hitting you with some great emotional punch.

The young actress playing Meg is fantastic.

As with most road trip stories, there's a bit of convenience and outlandishness bit in general it just a great, low investment time adventure.

Between this and Mr inbetween, some good Aussie shows getting my attention recently.

8/10

16. Mr Spock!

Mr Spock! Coach

Yep it's good.

17. azzah72

azzah72 Bench

Just finished Watchmen and the 2 seasons of fleabag.

They were both really f**king good.

I'd heard the hype about fleabag and thought it would disappoint, it did not. It's great.

Watchmen was fantastic, everything worked and just wrote a really f**king compelling story.

I also finished Silicon Valley, f**k I'm going to miss those characters, such a hoot.

elyod138 likes this.
  18. Springs09

Springs09 Juniors

Finished Upright. Had a fair few average episodes but the last episode was lovely. Good series without being anything sensational.

The Outsider may be a perfect example of how not everything should be a TV series. Excellent, fast-paced opener with several mysteries and interesting characters. Momentum is totally killed off in the second episode with the pacing slowing to a crawl and a bunch of unnecessary scenes. They are about halfway through the book I think already so I don't know where the next 8 episodes are gonna come from. Would probably have been better as a movie or a limited series with 3 or 4 episodes.

19. Timbo

Timbo Moderator Staff Member

I think there might be a few pretty upset people before long. I'm seeing so many people online make comparisons to The Night Of and True Detective. I can't wait to see what people say when it goes full Stephen King

20. T-Boon

T-Boon Coach

So far The Outsider has been great. Episode 3 was the best yet.