What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next Year Signings Who Will Go And Stay

shaun

Juniors
i hope Delaney stays but unless he makes 1st grade this season i think its unlikely hed sign again. there are a number of fringe first graders such as cannings, henry perenara who really need big 1st half of seasons to get resigned.

i think ashley graham should go. hasnt contributed much past 2 years and other youngsters seem to have more potential. Im excited to see how Josh Davis and Kris Inu go this season.

Iafeta

Referee
PARRA_FAN said:
maybe for matches at end of the year, but surely not mid season test matches. If ESL blokes didnt play last year, how can you expect Jones to play in the Anzac Test?

The comment was, Jones will never rep again.

Not will he rep mid year.

eelandia

Juniors
Hellsy said:
Gees guys... again, isn't this the place to come to talk about the Eels?? and to express thoughts/feelings etc.

Why can't these guys start a thread about something they want others input on?
Yes I agree it is early, and any thoughts are probably unfounded atm, but as nothing else is happening in the wonderful world of the Eels can't there be some conversation??
If you don't have an opinion this early then surely there is no need to shoot those down that do have one? or those that are seeking others thoughts?

Sorry to sound like a nasty biatch, but so many times recently the newer people to this forum have been shot down for asking questions, or bringing up something 'early', or asking something that has already been asked but they didn't know it because they do not spend hours every day on here.

Thats my opinion anyway.

Yes, cayless1989 there will definately be movement next year... we have about 20 of our first grade squad off contract at the end of this year, and I really hope that we do not leave it till the last minute to re-sign those who they wish to keep.

I think John Morris may be off to GC, or else maybe he will sign another 1 year deal.

Depending on how Reddy performs in the first few months I think Wade could come under pressure (he is going to need a spectacular season to keep his spot), Reddy can learn alot from Wade still so maybe a one year deal?

Peek I think will need a really solid year to keep his spot, or else I think he'll find himself a regular position in Ressies or the door.

Burty will also have to perform magically to keep his spot

Wags may sign another 1 year deal, I know he is not a wonderful player but he is solid in alot of different positions and is good as a fill in if someone is unable to play or gets injured while on the field. Also I think Wags is 30 this year so he is getting on a bit.

Delaney needs desperately to burst into first grade, he is too much of a talent to loose, but he will look after himself (as he should) and if he gets an offer from another club you couldn't blame him for taking it.

There are more but these are the main ones I thought of to comment on

Good call...it is like you need to prove yourself before being qualified enough to comment or raise a subject - very narky.

Anyway, I'm actually a fan of No-pass Wagon because he shows alot of committment in the games and has become one of our leaders - despite that shocking miss on Bowen in the Major semi.

Also, I thought Vella had a stormer when he came back last year - prob the best form of his career.

Maybe Stringer will be on the way out (bad back and all) or a smokey in Luke Burt who may not have the loyalty from Hagan as he has with BS???

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
jason taylor said:
finally somebody else that think wagon should go he has been wasting money. most eel fan on this site loves daniel wagon. Vella should stay. Wade may go and Joel reddy will be fullback

jason taylor said:
1. Mckinnon

2. Burt

3. Delaney

4. Williams

5. Morris

6. Ben Smith

7. Afamasanga

8. Cannings

9. Moi Moi

10. O'Dwyer (gone )

11. Stringer

12. Peterson (gone)

13. Marcus Perenara

14. Henry Perenara

15. Peek

16. Robinson

17. Jeremy Smith

18. Blake Green

19. Ash Graham

20. Widders.

these are the players that are going

you are a bit of a cranky pants mr taylor!
these are the player you *think* are going and most eels fans on this site would not go as far to say they *hate* wagon...

it is time to think positive and hopefully we can retain most players. i would prefer to stay out of the player market and concentrate on the oodles of talent that we already have

Latest posts