What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next year

derekmc

Juniors
Does anyone else have concerns on our recruitment for next year, we have so far lost King, Asotasi, Crocker, Peats, Hunt, Lima(also buckett but don't think Souths have announced) While only a couple of regular first graders from last year there is loads if experience.

We have only picked up reddy and the young guy from Townsville.

I heard Lyon is desperate to get out of his contract at Manly and has had talks with Souths, I know we topped up a lot of contracts last year but we are looking a bit thin after our top 17

hunters

Juniors
Not especially.

King and Crocker were injured most of the year and we were fine without them.
Asotasi - most fans have been calling for him to move on for years.
Evo - Most fans called for him to be dumped to reserve grade and he was.
Peats - Got no game time and we have ample back up at hooker / second row.
Lima - Did his job. Perhaps the one we would miss the most but looking for the burgess boys to fill the hole.
Hunt - Lots of heart but again found it hard to crack our side.

So although the list look long Asotasi and Lima are the only ones that featured regularly but they are both getting old and I think can be covered.

Would be over the moon if we picked up Lyon or Ferguson though.

Galeforce

Bench
I agree partly with Hunters.
Lima is the biggest loss , he definitely had 1 more good year ahead of him , however there should be at least one solid backup prop available in the next six months .
with Champion/Auva and Reddy , Gray , Johnston going for the back line spots with Merritt,Goodwin and Walker i think we are in better position than 2013. If we snag one top line centre/Winger by season start ( Fish , Charnley , dare I say it Ferguson ) we will be in great position.
I do not support going for Lyon , he is getting close to his use by date which may explain why Manly are dragging their feet offering him a solid new contract.Much better offering overs on the best young 3/4 out there as we need to be replacing Merritt as well either during 2014 or definitely for 2015.

I'd take Lyon for a year or two. All class.

Would also give me a reason to rib my Parramatta wife and stop yelling JUDAS when at games.

FLMAO!!!

:lol:

rabbitohs95

Bench
I do agree with Hunters and GF

Although there is a lot of depth gone, we have replaced most and have moved on players who are either a few years overdue (King, Crocker, Lima, Asotasi) or ones that deserve to play first grade but couldn't crack the 17 (Peats, Starling, Hunt)

I do believe another few signings such as the mentioned Fisi'iahi, Ferguson and Matulino would be nice, and definitely would enhance our chances for next year, but i do think we still have a great squad and i am very excited to see rookies such as Api Koroisau, Aaron Gray, Chris Grevsmuhl, Kirisome Auava'a and Kyle Turner make their first grade debuts, as well as seeing how ol' Joel Reddy goes (i have confidence he can be turned into a Goodwin)

So basically whatever happens in recruitment happens, our squad will be one year better than last, combinations will be forming, a new halves pairing will most likely occur with Keary and Reynolds, and there will still be competition for spots in the 17. Last but not least but we will most likely be vying for a top 4 spot once again, and hopefully we can go 2 better and get the big prize. I have full confidence we can with the squad we have.

SSTID

saint.nick

Coach
I think you guys should take Blake Ferguson. I don't think there's any better out on the market at the moment, and you really need another class centre in your back line to push towards the grand final. Manly's backline is what got them over the line in the preliminary.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Does anyone else have concerns on our recruitment for next year, we have so far lost King, Asotasi, Crocker, Peats, Hunt, Lima(also buckett but don't think Souths have announced) While only a couple of regular first graders from last year there is loads if experience.

We have only picked up reddy and the young guy from Townsville.

I heard Lyon is desperate to get out of his contract at Manly and has had talks with Souths, I know we topped up a lot of contracts last year but we are looking a bit thin after our top 17

I think your biggest loss next year is farrell..

He's clearly the most gifted footballer to leave your club since Michael Greenfield or Ben Rogers.

I can't believe you guys let him go..

hunters

Juniors
I think your biggest loss next year is farrell..

He's clearly the most gifted footballer to leave your club since Michael Greenfield or Ben Rogers.

I can't believe you guys let him go..

Buddy Gordon says hello. He is just about to hit his prime.

Juniors
1. Inglis
2. Goodwin
3. Champion
4. Walker
5. Ferguson
6. Keary
7. Reynolds
8. Burgess
9. Luke
10. Burgess
11. Te'o
12. McQueen
13. Sutton

14. Burgess
15. Burgess
16. Lowe
17. Tyrrell

Some good back up players in Reddy, Merritt and Clark and hopefully a few more youngsters to step up. In an ideal world I'd like another prop/back rower with experience.

MattJ

Juniors
1. Inglis
2. Goodwin
3. Champion
4. Walker
5. Ferguson
6. Keary
7. Reynolds
8. Burgess
9. Luke
10. Burgess
11. Te'o
12. McQueen
13. Sutton

14. Burgess
15. Burgess
16. Lowe
17. Tyrrell

Some good back up players in Reddy, Merritt and Clark and hopefully a few more youngsters to step up. In an ideal world I'd like another prop/back rower with experience.

How about Joe Picker?

Latest posts