What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next year's 6 & 7

Tigerm

First Grade
Would you rather Ben Hunt or Adam Reynolds on a $1m+ year or, Brooks on $600k+ a year, with money to buy another quality front rower?

Nutz

Bench
It’s a no-brainer it’s Hunt or Reynolds !
Well if that's what you want then Brooks is off to Raiders as their offer is reported to be way more than 600k.
Why does this have to be resolved right now.
Imo we should see how it plays out.......for example if we were to go on an amazing run and make the 8 and our halves are killing it with this great pack and improving backline???

WA Tiger

Bench
With the team going well it does seem that Brooks is playing great but he is in fact just playing better than his usual shit. It’s the wishful thinking that creates the illusion..

Das Hassler

Bench
With the team going well it does seem that Brooks is playing great but he is in fact just playing better than his usual shit. It’s the wishful thinking that creates the illusion..

Right now what is Brooks actually doing thats so wrong ?...I'll offer the obvious thing to get it out of the way. His attacking options in the oppositions 20. That's about it and I'd offer that even that is improving..but so what if it wasn't if he can play his role to score from ANY part of the field which very much appears to be becoming a reality for us...he now has a good kicking game and hardly ever gives away 7 tackle sets and is a very effective defender ...Back to my previous point what's the difference in being able to score team tries from anywhere on the field and scoring them on their line? Same 4 points and more often 6..and i'd rather have the opposition worrying ( when playing us ) about defending two and a half acres with 12 in the line rather than 500 Sq metres with 13. If Brooks running game continues to improve then he may just end up becoming the perfect part for what this side is being molded into...just so long as Brooks plays the role that this side needs....i.e. the coach's vision for the finished machine. Look at NSW tonight....elite square pegs in round holes all over the place
Just my view of it at the moment but I'm old and it's more than 24 hours after my bedtime

Tigerm

First Grade
Right now what is Brooks actually doing thats so wrong ?...I'll offer the obvious thing to get it out of the way. His attacking options in the oppositions 20. That's about it and I'd offer that even that is improving..but so what if it wasn't if he can play his role to score from ANY part of the field which very much appears to be becoming a reality for us...he now has a good kicking game and hardly ever gives away 7 tackle sets and is a very effective defender ...Back to my previous point what's the difference in being able to score team tries from anywhere on the field and scoring them on their line? Same 4 points and more often 6..and i'd rather have the opposition worrying ( when playing us ) about defending two and a half acres with 12 in the line rather than 500 Sq metres with 13. If Brooks running game continues to improve then he may just end up becoming the perfect part for what this side is being molded into...just so long as Brooks plays the role that this side needs....i.e. the coach's vision for the finished machine. Look at NSW tonight....elite square pegs in round holes all over the place
Just my view of it at the moment but I'm old and it's more than 24 hours after my bedtime
Agree, but it's just hard to forget the last decade of his NOT doing anything consistently, though long may it continue if he stays.

WA Tiger

Bench
I will consider everything else about Brook’s that you say Das and what you say doesn’t look too bad, but geez theres that phrase again. Brook’s “running game”. Did you know his legs are so short, when he sidesteps he keeps running perfectly straight. (That’s why he kicked infield when he had ??? in between him and the line 1 or 2 games ago? Vic said why didn’t he just step him and score ) I’m Just bored and killing time here. My memory is shit today

Last edited:

Das Hassler

Bench
I suspect he heard a call from Api that instance and I've also no doubt he would have got there himself if he'd gone for it....his legs are long enough...they reach the ground :)
I really think he'll continue to come out of his shell under Sheens and we're going to see why Andrew John's wanted him at the Knights

WA Tiger

Bench
As with any responsible coach that lies through their teeth, Sheens will be looking around in case someone shows up that’s better. Of course he’s going to say he will make an offer. Who needs all the bad feelings at this very point in time if he tells the truth.

Last edited:

Das Hassler

Bench
How much do we pay this new Brooks ? What happens if he says no to our offer ?

I'd be offering him a bit more ( than he's fairly worth) on shorter contracts ...2 years with an option in the clubs favour for another 2 and a mutual understanding that he could play out his career here if and only if he continues to improve and remains a top 4 halfback ( insert guffaws
here)
I doubt he'd want to go anywhere else if he's made a reasonable offer to stay..."new Brooks" .it's possible ??!??

Last edited:

Fordy20

Juniors
Well if that's what you want then Brooks is off to Raiders as their offer is reported to be way more than 600k.
Why does this have to be resolved right now.
Imo we should see how it plays out.......for example if we were to go on an amazing run and make the 8 and our halves are killing it with this great pack and improving backline???
We need options because our halves depth is terrible and it's only going to get worse once Brooks leaves. At this stage we are look at a Wakeham Doueihi halves partnership for next year.

gordsy

Juniors
We should make the call fo
AD won’t b back until back half of next season & he will b a massive risk.He should retire.
We should tell him, here's your money for all of 2024, thanks for your service and if you find another club good luck but you won't be playing footy with us.

Latest posts