What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next years team

skeepe

Immortal
1. William Zillman
2. Colin Best
3. Phil Graham
4. Bronx Goodwin
5. David Howell
6. Todd Carney
7. Michael Dobson
8. Dane Tilse
9. Lincoln Withers
10. Troy Thompson
11. Thom Learoyd-Lahrs
12. Josh Miller
13. Alan Tongue

14. Andrew Dunemann
15. Glen Turner
16. Trevor Thurling
17. Michael Weyman

thickos

First Grade
The thing is if they've bought Dunemann for experience... well, if our halves haven't learnt enough off Jason Smith, what the hell is Dunemann gonna teach them?

Carney is READY. Look how well he is going currently.

Goodwin is a natural footballer. I'm gonna name him at FB despite the likelihood Zillman will be there.

1 - Goodwin
2 - Best
3 - Howell
4 - Graham
5 - Frawley
6 - Zillman
7 - Carney
8 - Tilse
9 - Withers
10 - Thompson
11 - Learoyd-Lahrs
12 - Croker
13 - Tongue

14 - Dunemann
15 - Miller
16 - Weyman
17 - Thurling

18 - Turner
19 - Logan
20 - Lomu
21 - Sau
22 - Dobson
23 - Purtell
24 - Jones
25 - Campese

But really, who knows.

aussies1st

Staff member
I feel it should be Zillman and either Dobson or Carney as Zillman seems more suited to being in the halves.

julian87

Juniors
As far as I'm concerned Carney needs to be the five-eighth. If he is put there on a regular basis now and next season he will play origin in that position.

legend

Coach
thickos said:
The thing is if they've bought Dunemann for experience... well, if our halves haven't learnt enough off Jason Smith, what the hell is Dunemann gonna teach them?

Goodwin is a natural footballer. I'm gonna name him at FB despite the likelihood Zillman will be there.

1 - Goodwin
2 - Best
3 - Howell
4 - Graham
5 - Frawley
6 - Zillman
7 - Carney
8 - Tilse
9 - Withers
10 - Thompson
11 - Learoyd-Lahrs
12 - Croker
13 - Tongue

14 - Dunemann
15 - Miller
16 - Weyman
17 - Thurling

18 - Turner
19 - Logan
20 - Lomu
21 - Sau
22 - Dobson
23 - Purtell
24 - Jones
25 - Campese

But really, who knows.

Not a fan of Marshall Chlak mate?:shock:

thickos

First Grade
God dammit with these lists I always forget someone.

Chalk in for Frawley. He can bugger off for all I care, I only put him there because of his reputation... but he is useless.

Edwahu

Bench
Goodwin, Howell, Graham, Frawley, Best, Zillman, Carney
Tilse, Withers, Thompson, TLL, Thurling, Tongue
Bench: Miller, Weyman, Logan, Dunemann

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
I think we will see (not necessarily what I WANT to see):

1. Zillman
2. Howell
3. Graham
4. Frawley
5. Best
6. Carney
7. Dunemann
8. Weyman
9. Withers
10. Thompson
11. TLL
12. Croker
13. Tongue

14. Miller
15. Logan
16. Thurling
17. Chalk

If everyone stays fit, it'll be competitive. Most worried about depth in the backs.

dubby

Bench
I'd like to see Frawley ahead of Turtell of Wolf, but his recent attitude shows he deserves PL.

I would like to see Bronx get the 1 next year; from what i've heard he goes pretty good.

Chachi

Bench
Bronx has stepped up as a real leader of the PL team. Earlier this season I thought he was a good, solid player, but one that would never really make it big time in first grade (a bit like Paul Beath was in the shadows of Belcher). However, now that Choc is gone I've taken more notice of his game and he's proving to be a standout leader of that team. He's certainly got a bit of attitude about him, but the players really seem to love having him there. He's been really reliable with a real touch of flair or turn of pace when it's needed.

As much as I'd like to see Zilly in the team at any expense, we could certainly do a lot worse than having Bronx at the back.

I also agree on the thoughts of Graham at fullback. He's a very similar player to Brett Mullins in many respects, and I think he'd be dynamic back there. However, with so many FB options I think we'll need him more in the centres for the time being.

Stuart

Juniors
thickos said:

From what ive been reading Dunemann is now a utilty that can play hooker, lock, half and 5/8. It has been assumed by many that he will play in the halves but i dont think taht is at all certain at this point (off the bench rotating with withers would be my bet).

Also while Zillman has been talked up as out FB for next season, i wouldnt be surprised to see the 1, 6,7, 9 you've selected thickos. Dobson, despite his good form in the ESL, is anything but a certain starter next season, esecially wehn we have Zillman and Carney at the club, both natural halves IMO.

aussies1st

Staff member
Off the bench wouldn't be too bad for Dunemann especially if he can play in so many different positions. If our halves aren't going too well we can bring him on, if all goes to plan he can switch with Withers.

steven_tiger

Juniors
team i woul like to see:

1. B. Goodwin
2. C. Best
3. P. Graham
4. C. Frawely (needs a kick up the bum)
5. M. Chalk

6. W. Zillman
7. T. Carney

8. S. Logan
9. R. Hinchcliffe
10. T. Thompson
11. T. Learyod-Lahrs
12. G. Turner
13. Tongue

14. M. Weyman
15. L. Withers
16. J. Miller
17. D. Tilse

wont happen... but i like it anyway.

woodgers

Bench
Chachi said:
Bronx has stepped up as a real leader of the PL team. Earlier this season I thought he was a good, solid player, but one that would never really make it big time in first grade (a bit like Paul Beath was in the shadows of Belcher). However, now that Choc is gone I've taken more notice of his game and he's proving to be a standout leader of that team. He's certainly got a bit of attitude about him, but the players really seem to love having him there. He's been really reliable with a real touch of flair or turn of pace when it's needed.

As much as I'd like to see Zilly in the team at any expense, we could certainly do a lot worse than having Bronx at the back.

I also agree on the thoughts of Graham at fullback. He's a very similar player to Brett Mullins in many respects, and I think he'd be dynamic back there. However, with so many FB options I think we'll need him more in the centres for the time being.

I agree with the Goodwin bit 200% and i've been doing the same since the news on Schif broke. He is a damn good player Goodwin, so much so in fact that I would have him in front of Chalky (a fave of mine) in the pecking order for the #1. After Sunday and the performance of not only this guy but Zilly in the #7, i'd go with that next season anyway. Problem is going to be that Henry would not know anything about these 2 guys even though talent wise they are wayyyy in front of Howell, Frawley, Purtell and in my opinion, Colin Best also who Henry would have watched all of them play.

Edwahu

Bench
I would hope Henry is getting tapes of every Flegg and PL game. Someone needs a kick in the arse if he isnt.

woodgers

Bench
That would be professional Edwahu. Tell me honestly, do you think they are currently doing it or am I just being unnecessarily negative about the running of this club?

I hope more than anything that what you suggest is correct.

Chachi

Bench
woodgers said:
I agree with the Goodwin bit 200% and i've been doing the same since the news on Schif broke. He is a damn good player Goodwin, so much so in fact that I would have him in front of Chalky (a fave of mine) in the pecking order for the #1. After Sunday and the performance of not only this guy but Zilly in the #7, i'd go with that next season anyway. Problem is going to be that Henry would not know anything about these 2 guys even though talent wise they are wayyyy in front of Howell, Frawley, Purtell and in my opinion, Colin Best also who Henry would have watched all of them play.

Yeah, Chalkys a tough one and he really has to get his hands right (which I'm sure he will), and with Dunemann coming here next year the 1, 6, 7 and 9 are really up in the air. On one hand it's nice to have a few options available, on the other hand it could really be our downfall.

I know who I'd like to start, but it's not up to me so I just hope the planets align and Henry scores the right mix before the fans start ripping his head off. I'm still looking forward to the 2007 season more than I have since 1990, but I'm guessing there could be a bit of heartache along the way!

woodgers

Bench
You're right mate, there could be heartache. But i've said it heaps of times now, at least you can see we are building towards something so i'm more than happy.

Latest posts