What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL playoffs, wild card round

PB

Bench
Eelectrica said:
Denver Over New England. Patriots did what they had to do against Jacksonville but Denver should have their measure.
This is the game I'm most looking forward too. I hate the Patriots and usually find myself cheering for the Broncos at some point in the playoffs. So Lets go Broncos and knock Brady on his butt.

You could pick an allstar line up of "players i have hated most all my life", and i would still want them to beat the Patriots!

Eelectrica said:
Colts over Pittsburgh. If Manning gets injured on his first pass all bets are off. Kitna shredded the the Steelers D until he rembered he was Jon Kitna.

Agree Colts should do the job, but they can suck in play offs. And Pittsburgh are pretty good to watch these days. They don't rely on Jerome Bettis quite as much and come up with some "outside the box" plays, like the third down flea flicker yesterday!

Eelectrica said:
Panthers over Bears. I still think resting Grossman was a mistake the Bears will rue. Panthers completely dominated the Giants in all phases of the game and are peaking at the right time.

They say defence wins playoffs, so Chicago should be in with a big chance conceeding fewer points than anyone in the NFL regular season. But then NY Giants had the second best offence in the NFC in 2005, and Carolina shut them out on the weekend, so what will they do with the mundaine offence of the Bears?

Mr Saab

Referee
sunny said:
Anyone ever bet on the NFL with Sportstab here in NSW (or the equivalent in other states)?

yes.
I bet every week on the NFL.

latest odds to win it all can be found on sportsbet.com.au
click on more sports then click on american football.

panthers are good value at 13s.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
I've just flip flopped. I'm backing Carolina, late in OT.

So put money on the Bears.

legend

Coach
Carolina will take care of Chicago, Denver to beat NE and end Brady's 10-0 playoff record, Seattle in a tough one over Washington and the Colts to beat the Steelers although this is the game I am most unsure about.

If Cowher can produce the D, they are in with a chance and there's something about the Colts in the playoffs that leaves me in two minds about their title chances.

I've put $150 on the Panthers. $100 for the win at $2.20, and $50 on 11+ paying $6.10. I'm not confident but meh, the possible return would be awesome.

Latest posts